Author Topic: High Tea with Destiny (Complete)  (Read 784 times)

Offline Ronnie Blackmore

High Tea with Destiny (Complete)
« on: 08/10/13 06:50:07 »
'You can't force fate, right?'

No response from his mentor, Ronnie wondered if he was listening, but there was no way to tell. The nameless mentor seemed to give him privacy, for which Ronnie was thankful after the debauchery of university life. Whether he actually 'switched off' or not, there was no telling for that either. The holocron rested in the heart of the lightsaber tucked into Ronnie's lapel. It stood to reason that he'd be interested in the expedition's outcome, assuming that the gatekeepers of holocrons could experience interest or any other emotion.

“No, not this one,” Ronnie said as a sack-eyed clerk returned a spoonful of peppery Rodian tea-leaves to its container. “Just as musky, but woodier.”

“Woodier,” the tea seller's assistant grumbled behind the counter before returning with another spoonful of dried leaves and spices. “Try the Ithorian ginger.”

Ronnie pointed his finger to it as soon as the scent of it hit his nose. “That one. A pot of it. And something sweet.”

Seeing the future, the whole of it, had to be called nearly impossible, but only because it was inappropriate to call anything to do with the Force completely impossible. He'd seen something important, though, in a waking dream which for weeks would come upon him and his mentor urged him toward it.

There was an iron woman in the vision, and it had taken much time to find her there in the teahouse, staring down at the Bindreg Hills wildflower fields. Ronnie considered it a rather ugly thing, the sculpture. 'Woman in the Waves,' it was called, but he found it indistinct and chaotically tempered.  All but her eyes, which seemed a perfect replica of flesh except for the stuff of their matter, and they were miserable. She might scowl across the hills as the seasons changed for millennia, and might already have.

He sat several tables from the iron wretch, and found that although there was no music in the place, the sounds of nature did well enough, with a few wind chimes to assist. The wall facing the hills and their flowers was completely retracted, leaving only a railing between the clumsiest customer and the cliff's edge.

Ronnie was served that very particular tea as he stared out into the wildflowery hills. The tea's aroma perfectly matched the one which which accompanied his vision, but was served to him boiling hot. He was content enough to watch the sun begin toward the ground and divert with the Force the steam billowing from his cup. It was peaceful there, so much so that he lost track of how well others might see the steam gather unnaturally like soothing smoke to play around his fingers or cover his palm. He made spirals and rings as well; his mentor liked for him to recognize the value of finesse, even if subtlety was lost on him at times.
« Last Edit: 08/20/13 12:25:38 by Ronnie Blackmore »

Offline Nessarose deWinter

• Her bubbly sweetness of dark terror
    • http://swdescension.com/
Re: High Tea with Destiny (Corellia, tag Nessarose)
« Reply #1 on: 08/10/13 17:27:42 »
Corellia. What a useless planet. The sneer on Nessarose deWinter's face was carefully hidden from view under the veil that covered hr face to the public. The Queen of Endelaan and the Sanguine Potestatem, now on a world that according to all sources, was dominated by the Jedi and their silly little republic. Under normal circumstances, she would have ignored this trading of hands entirely. But as things were, her orphanage had recently gotten a new influx of children, and not a single one among them, it turned out, had any potential with the Force. She had no need for more useless slaves, and under the will to keep the neutral and friendly face that her business had, she elected to let it wait out as all other orphanages did.

And that had been day one.

Day two had included going to her brother's apartment in the city. She had not seen him in over a year, and the two had squabbled over the death of their mother. And a year, such a short time when one made the attempt to look at it objectively, that one single year, had been long enough to feel as though several lifetimes had gone by. But the apartment had been completely abandoned, covered in dust. Wherever Alistair was, it wasn't there, and Nessa hadn't been in the mood to test his security out to see if she could snoop inside undetected.

And then day three had arrived. A run in with actual Jedi. Simple Padawans, easy enough to best, and yet annoying enough. Her twins were safely aboard the Shiny, but there still some things she had to tend to before she could claim herself ready to leave this dreadful planet. If it had not held a shadow of an importance to her and to the Galaxy at large, she would've made a mental note about completely destroying it sooner or later. But no. Perhaps...A few more decades.

Not wanting to waste any more time on younglings (which was a funny word for her to use seeing she was only recently turned eighteen), her presence within the Force she sealed entirely before arriving at the tea place. Why was she there? Well... In truth, she had no clue. There was no great mystery to it, no tug of the Force.

Perhaps...

Well yeah. She just wanted some tea, and this place was on her route back to the spaceport. And then! Then, she would finally be leaving.

The veil did little to conceal the glow of her eyes as she entered the tea house, her hands coming up to remove the veil. Changing her appearance through the Force was more effort than she card to admit, and she had no reason to use it anyway when a peace of fabric did the job just fine. Glancing a little to either side, she finally took a random booth in the middle. Her usual sweet and bubbly smile quickly appeared on her face once her order was taken, and all Nessarose had to do now was. Well. Wait.

Offline Ronnie Blackmore

« Reply #2 on: 08/11/13 02:23:22 »
'On second thought, destiny can wait.'

Again, there was no response from the mentor in his mind, but if he couldn't even be bothered to keep his student on target, then let him be silent. The girl was beautiful, and looked as sweet as a ripe peach, with a haughty sort of patrician off-worlder look. Such striking eyes, the slightest flash of them he'd seen when she walked in. He felt his heart swell at the sight of her, and knew that he had to at least try and know her. But what to do? What to say?

Ronnie was on his feet before he could let himself think it through any further, because over-thinking the approach would only make him nervous, and then he'd look like an infatuated fool. And because he knew he'd end up talking to her, anyway, and no amount of contemplation would make him any wealthier, fitter, or more glib of tongue. Better just to put himself in front of her and hope the Force rewarded his boldness. He found that he was still holding his teacup when he reached her.

“Maybe you'd like this better. From Ithor” he said, leaning a shoulder against the wall of her booth in his own lazy way. At university, he'd developed the skill of arranging himself just a hair more casually than anyone else in the room. It had always helped him give off that enigmatic, at-home anywhere sort of presence, and had since become instinctive.

With an assisting hand-gesture, he Force-funneled the fragrant steam to pool and concentrate in a discrete clump of fog above the table. It was a respectable distance from the beauty; he left it up to her whether to lean forward and breathe in its aroma.

His eyes said 'take it or leave it,' but his heart thumped almost to the point of pain.

[ooc: I assume Ithor is relatively well-restored by this point in galactic history.]
« Last Edit: 08/11/13 03:41:17 by Ronnie Blackmore »

« Reply #3 on: 08/12/13 15:30:10 »
It had... Been quite a while. Ignoring the offered tea  all together, her gaze moved to the one who was offering it, and the corners of her mouth curled into that wide smile that everyone had simply come to call a Nessa-smile. It had been months if not longer than that since she was last at a place where no one knew her and no one recognized her, and she knew the guy offering the tea belonged to neither categories because of the certain look he lacked in his eyes.

"Ithorians know how to make tea?" she asked, and her voice came out as innocent and surprised as she might had been at her tender age of eighteen had she not led the life she did. Nessrose wasn't afraid to admit it; her knowledge of tea or anything herbal related was pretty much in the sub zero department. Besides, there wasn't anything better than a good mug of creamy hot chocolate milk. Ooh, she had to remember to stop in the city again to get some beans before returning to Endelaan. Maybe even discuss potential crops on her kingdom's capital planet.

Motioning for the guy to have a seat, her hands almost greedily took the offered tea and gave it an experimental sniff. Her movements were jumpy and bubbly, matching the very pink blouse she'd worn beneath her coat, and the smile returned to her face with satisfaction. Wasting no time, four sugar packets flew from the edge of the table and into her hand, where she shred them apart into the mug without even taking the time to taste it first. A sweet tooth, they usually called it, just before they ran out of words to describe the amounts of food she consumed in a single sitting.

"Do you think they serve bantha wings here?" she asked with a little giggle, and shook her head to herself. One hand came forward them, to shake the guy's hand. Queen in the Unknown Regions? Daughter of two Sith Lords? Recently entered motherhood? Nah, it didn't matter. None of it did when all that Nessa wanted to do was simply be Nessa.  "I'm Nessa. Who are you?"

Offline Ronnie Blackmore

« Reply #4 on: 08/13/13 02:00:00 »
"Nessa," he repeated, and took her hand, but rather than shaking it properly, he tilted it upward as if to plant a kiss on the back of it, but he stopped at a slight dip of his head.

"I'm Ronnie Blackmore," he said as he slid into the booth beside her, instead of taking the empty seat across. There was nothing between them other than empty space, but he leaned away from the girl to rest an elbow on the outer armrest and drape one leg over the other. It was a position best reserved for a cocktail lounge, but it would do in the teahouse as well. What he hoped was that it would make the gesture of sitting on one side together feel more friendly than amorous; this one might take a light touch, he decided.

Her effervescence did nothing to dampen her beauty, but it spoke to a youth of spirit, which Ronnie presumed to mean her fragile. With a breath of concentration, he focused on the discarded bits of paper packeting and raised them into the air.

"I see you know the Force. I know it too, but not so well as I'd like." As he spoke, Ronnie worked at telekinetically stacking the paper scraps into a standing structure, a little pyramid or box. "There are Jedi, I think, who would teach me, but only at the cost of my freedom. The Force should make you free, no? That's what-" 'what my mentor's taught me,' he thought better of saying. "That's what I've learned."

Ronnie is nowhere near Nessarose's level of power. If you feel she's able to sense his emotions or even read his thoughts, he's unpracticed in concealing them, so go ahead.
« Last Edit: 08/13/13 02:01:46 by Ronnie Blackmore »

« Reply #5 on: 08/13/13 13:18:56 »
Once her hand was her own again, she gave a playful wave, and moved to cup the tea mug. The warmth was almost nice, but she was more eager to take a sip now.  Ronnie took his seat near her, and she paused the bouncing to have the first taste.

What sweet and smile-full expression had been on her face prior to that vanished entirely as it shrank into itself before her tongue came out, the hugest ewww almost literally drawn on her face and the mug was put down.

Wiping her lips on the back of her mouth, she stared at Ronnie, her mind registering that he'd spoken of the Force.

Nessarose grinned again, and set the disgusting tea mug down just in front of the paper shred pyramid box."Freedom?" she chuckled. Jedi? They were another eww, but for reasons entirely different than the tea she tried. "The Jedi don't have the first idea what that even means. Others will try to enslave you and use you to their own ends. Has anyone tried to kill you yet? That's usually a turning point for most people. I can do it for you if you wanna, sorta rip the virginity away, in a manner of speaking. If you're into that. Anyway, why are you being all open about it?"

Moving her hand between them, there was nothing perky about the move. It was somewhere between magical and regal, slow and deliberate, and the air that was between the two of them moved.

"What if I wanted to suck your soul out right now?" she asked, and her voice remained light and perky.

Offline Ronnie Blackmore

« Reply #6 on: 08/13/13 15:44:20 »
And she could, couldn't she? The little structure he was building was all that toppled with her tiny show of power, but there were waves upon waves upon waves lingering behind it. Nascent was his skill in the Force after a mere three years of training, but even Ronnie could sense the sudden surge of power and realized this Nessa's immense destructive potential. He remained in his casual recline, or was frozen there. It wasn't fear that he felt, not precisely, rather the vague awareness that he'd later feel fear while reflecting upon this strange and awesome creature wrapped in the skin of a pretty girl.

"If you wanted to, I suppose I would resist, though I can't say how or to what end. I felt led here," he said. "I tried to force destiny to reveal itself to me, but perhaps it simply responded with the most powerful thing around. I realize that now; it's not that you can seek the future, but the future that finds you, and it might leave behind an echo of itself. That ugly statue over there, and the tea, that's what I saw in the vision which brought me here. I had no idea I'd find a creature of such power, or beauty."

The waiter was apparently unaware of that slip of a girl dipping a finger into the stuff of the universe and swirling it with glee. She did so without even a hint of effort. He set down a plate of little cakes and asked if the pair wanted anything else.

« Reply #7 on: 08/13/13 17:17:24 »
"But you're always in the present," Nessarose pointed out with her finger. Talks of future is or future was, she'd come to learn in the past few years, rarely held much merit. She'd had glimpses of it, tugs and pulls with it. She'd gone to the Unknown Regions for the first time in her life chasing visions and what she thought were premonitions.The result? Some would say it was too soon to decree they were successful. Nessa though, would really disagree. Seeing could be a bitch, and it was a catfight just to keep up.

"I guess you'll learn though. Seeing is easy enough to do, but understand what you See is hard. My mother taught me all about the Great Web and how I could choose what to See." And what lessons those had been. Not even a decade prior, she remembered laying out on the grass, taking in the Spira sun as she learned step by step how to find what she wanted and how to take what she desired. She'd lacked the patience for the finesse of much of it, and had become a shiny pink ball of energy that would randomly explode in darkness mingled with cuteness. And it seemed like such a lifetime ago.

But now! Behold! Food! Nessa's attention was entirely diverted as she smiled from ear to ear the waiter, who probably had no idea what he'd just gotten himself into.[color=ff00ff] "I want half a dozen eggrolls,"[/color] Nessa started, "and cake! Do you have chocolate milk by any chance? That would be awesome. And I know you have bantha wings in the kitchen, I'll take a plate of that as well. Two rolls of Dac sushi. Curry Nerf. Catharian pudding. A fortune cookie! I love fortune cookies," and still smiling, she turned to Ronnie, "are you hungry too?"

The only thing that could take her out of the moment was the dull ache in her chest. An hour perhaps, maybe two at most. But she would not be able to linger forever in this teahouse and talk to this person. Her babies waited for her, and leaking was one of the worst things a body could do.

Offline Ronnie Blackmore

« Reply #8 on: 08/15/13 04:25:49 »
What was this woman, that she'd be taught the Force by family? She was clearly enough some manner of nobility, but from where? Certainly not in the core worlds. Many had been and continued to be ruled by Force-sensitive bloodlines, but he would know her were she from near enough. His advances, in any case, were either unwelcome or had gone unnoticed with the girl in a candy-coated world of her own. But her smile was contagious, and despite her sudden and threatening display of power, there was a serenity which followed in the wake of terror.

“Yes. Yes, of course,” he said, and when a piece of cake was placed in front of him, he stared right through it. A profound sense of emptiness had taken root, and with it a sudden and reckless longing to know the unknown.

“Well, what say you to this?” he said. “I'm rather a skilled mechanic. Well, that didn't come out quite right. What I mean is to say that I think you're probably headed somewhere quite far away, and maybe I'm not ready to give up on the whole 'destiny' thing. Perhaps you have room for me in your company? I have little to offer for any immediate payment, but I am quite good at repairs, and I've recently graduated in galactic history, if that's any use to you. If you can't take me to your destination, I'd understand entirely, or - failing that - little enough that I'd know nothing of importance, and I'd settle to be deposited at any place of your choosing along the way."
« Last Edit: 08/15/13 04:52:51 by Ronnie Blackmore »

« Reply #9 on: 08/18/13 16:41:48 »
And that had gone more or less as smooth as it could have possibly gone. Nessa hadn't actually made a proposal. No contract had been signed. But here they were, and here he was, offering himself to her. It was rather sweet, come to think of it. She couldn't help but decide if it was because she still had the power to just have almost everyone like her, or that it was because of the mention of her parents. Did he even recognize her at all? She hoped not. That would've taken all the fun out of the meeting.

"I don't really need a mechanic," she said with a shrug, offering a very toothy grin when the first of her food began to arrive, "I have a Raz for that. She's wonderful. If you tell her you're a mechanic too I'm sure you two could get really awesomely along together talking about droid parts and toothy things that get oiled."

Picking the cake up between them, she parted it into two, and took the teenie weenie bigger bit to herself. With flexible fingers, she tossed it into the air and swallowed it whole, barely taking the time to give it a bite or two before it went down her throat, leaving not a single crumb behind.

Next came a platter of wings. With utmost delicacy, she picked a pair up between two fingers and put it in her mouth. Whatever magic it was that worked the way she ate, when she pulled the bones out a heartbeat later, they were white and clean, without a shred of flesh remaining on them.

Nessa smiled.

"But sure, I can take you on," she grinned, "I'll just have to take a bit of your blood, make you mine for forever,and completely and totally own you in every possible way. And then maybe, just maybe, if you don't die first, you can find your freedom beneath my wings."