Author Topic: Another One (TGE, Qombax)  (Read 536 times)

Offline Shery deWinter

• Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc...
  • Administrator
    • Star Wars: Descension
Another One (TGE, Qombax)
« on: 07/31/13 06:57:10 »
The sun had yet to rise on Ketaris, but the Sith Mistress was already pacing through the mostly empty halls of the palace, enjoying the silence and the solitude. Most of those who worked the office still had a few more hours before they were required to attend, giving her sufficient time to let herself in and take the seat behind the desk.

The residue of the lives of those that had worked here could almost be tasted through the Force. She had to admit, this was an office she hadn't quite visited before. When all the important things were set on Coruscant, that was her location of choice. But here, in the Outer Rim, things tended to become... Boring.

It was not long before files piled up in front of her. Random files that she'd selected with no apparent reason, letting the Force guide her fingers and will as she brought the datapads and the written information out. What she searched for, she was unsure of. But one thing she did know; whoever she decided to find would not be overly happy about it.
« Last Edit: 08/02/13 01:31:45 by Shery deWinter »

Offline Qombax Takkub

• Shape-shifting Illusionist
Re: Another One (TGE, Qombax)
« Reply #1 on: 08/02/13 09:40:33 »
Qombax entered imperial headquarters level-headed and optimistic. The Shi'ido was confident in his abilities and intelligence, surely whomever he met with would be impressed. Taris wouldn't have been his first choice of meeting places, the whole planet smelled of garbage and human.

If you asked Q's honest opinion, he probably couldn't tell you which of the stenches was the worse. The headquarters were rather vacant but he could feel someone poking around, the ebb of their force signature lightly touched Takkub's mind. He meandered through a long twisting corridor before he reached a receptionist booth with a protocol droid in it.

When Q approached the droids eyes lit and it looked up from the floor. In a mechanical robot tone the droid inquired, "How may I help you sir?"

"I'm looking for whoever is in charge here." Q made a placating gesture to assuage the situation when the droids hand went for the alarm. "I know my timing is not the best, but I was finally relieved of my previous life and figured the quicker I can start anew the better."

"I can not confirm or deny the presence of a being with officer rank of higher being present. Such knowledge is classified to me." The droid intoned it's response in a metallic twang.

As the artificial sentient in front of him contemplated it's move, the Shi'ido put an illusion of a smile on it's face. Behind the smile was a sadistic grin though and in the core of his being was a yearning for power. Q wanted nothing more than to bust open this droids chest cavity and rip its wires free.

"Please, I want no trouble. Just a chance to join the finest sector of government in the galaxy." Qombax watched the droid intently from behind his illusion and readied a small vibro-knife hidden up the sleeve of his tunic under his cloak. "Just call the boss, I'll speak directly with them. Don't worry your wire-brain."

Offline Shery deWinter

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 08/06/13 03:08:39 »
She had sensed his arrival through the Force long before he began to speak with the droid. Pressing some buttons on the devices on table, she could see the security cameras already on the creature. No one could be foolish enough to think they could get this deep into the castle by a mere casual stroll.

The Sith Mistress shook her head and rose as she saw the person's muscles move. What joy there was in harming simple protocol and security droids was questionable at best, and it never actually served any purpose.

Her signature in the Force she could not be bothered with masking as she left the room, her bare feet making no sound against the cold floors of the castle. It was within moments that she was there, eying the meeting with feigned curiosity. All the person had to do was make a wrong move, and meat would be served  to the slaves and servants that night.

Offline Qombax Takkub

« Reply #3 on: 08/07/13 13:35:54 »
Qombax cut off trying to sweet-talk the droid when he sensed a powerful presence in the foyer. He turned to peek into the hallway just beyond the reception desk to the right. It was a woman, this didn't strike Q as odd but he really he didn't enjoy the company of others that much. He was hoping deep down he wouldn't have to spend too much time with the wretch or anyone for that matter before getting himself a ship.

"Excuse me spare-parts, it seems I have someone of the fleshy assortment to speak with now," he scooted around reception and the droid jumped to yell, "Halt!"

Q paid it no mind and skirted the desk and confronted the woman face to face. She was quite the stunning looker but the Shi'ido felon was more concerned with coercing her into helping him. It would probably be no easy task considering the force would prove useless against her, considering her strength with it.

"It seems your droid and I have a misunderstanding, I keep telling it I'm looking for somebody who is capable of helping me. However, it keeps telling me to wait," Q managed his best natural smile and used the force to mask the reality his lips couldn't curl that far up by using a small illusion over his mouth.

Offline Shery deWinter

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 08/17/13 13:31:05 »
"You arrive before office hours and expect to be waltzed in?" the Sith Mistress asked, her tone betraying near complete boredom.

Turning around, she shook her head and began to make her way back to the office. "Why ought anyone here to take the time to consider you for anything?" she questioned as she walked, having little doubt that he would follow her, "this office deals with matters coverage of, among other things, knowing when offices are open... Or closed."

Offline Qombax Takkub

« Reply #5 on: 08/18/13 01:16:16 »
Before Q followed the buxom beauty down the hall he turned back to the security droid again and made a derogatory gesture. It wouldn't do to show weakness to her, always bargain from a position of strength was one of the main lessons he drove into his own mind over the years. If he could just hide his criminal background for long enough to squirm his way into the ranks Qombax would be pleased.

"I know recruiting isn't what it used to be, the Empire could use somebody like me," Q said in an even tone. "A Shi'ido might just be the ally you need in days to come."

It was a secret he needed a clean slate, a secret Q needed to guard, the underworld would be calling him again soon enough. Except next time he could cut throats for the Empire and have the backing of a competent galactic movement. It didn't hurt the imperials had a fleet and standing army, the more he thought about it the more enticing the situation began to seem to Qombax.