Author Topic: The Time Is Now (Invite)  (Read 1404 times)

Offline Cameron Centurion

• Nex in Umbra
The Time Is Now (Invite)
« on: 07/01/13 02:45:30 »
Destiny's Refuge
Corstris

A pleasantly warm wind drifted across the exposed upper torso of Cameron Centurion as he gazed down at the ever-bustling Destiny's Refuge from his position atop a nearby mountain. In his seclusion from the galaxy, the Sith Lord had split his time between Vjun and Corstris. However, he'd remained very much out of sight in both locations. If he permitted himself any free time, it was generally spent relieving Shery of her duties looking after Elora. Cameron felt it prudent to take care of whatever he need solitude for while he still had the opportunity. The moment Elora was done breast-feeding, he knew that the child's mother would expect him to a take a much more...active role in entertaining the child. Fortunately, there was not a thing in this life that Cameron loved more than his little girl, and that was saying a lot. 'Love' wasn't a word the Sith Lord used too often if ever. If he had to guess, his affections to that degree really only extended to perhaps one other though he did his best to ignore the fact.

As his silver-green gaze continued to watch the bustle of the streets below, the Sith Lord contemplated dropping down for a visit. While he knew his presence would be a disruption, he also knew the people would welcome it with open arms. He'd been only two times in...relatively recent history. The first when Elora was still in the womb and the second shortly after her birth. Cameron had no reason to bask in the glory of the people's love and adoration. He knew all too well what the culture of the planet was - he'd created it. Besides, he did not have to be seen. A sighting of the Grand Lord occurred only when it was...necessary. Perhaps something grand would be done for Elora's first birthday.

Forcing the thoughts from his mind, Cameron turned and returned to his Infiltrator. In less than fifteen minutes, he had returned to the southern lawn of the Corstris Palace. Today...he desired to take Shery and Elora on a short journey. After all, Shery and Cameron now had grandchildren that neither had seen and Elora had a niece and a nephew. While the Sith Lord recalled Nessarose's claim that she did not want Shery around her children anytime soon, Cameron also knew that if he did not force the issue...the two women would never see past their...differences.

I am fate.

Offline Shery deWinter

• Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc...
  • Administrator
    • Star Wars: Descension
The Time Is Now (Invite)
« Reply #1 on: 07/05/13 00:20:01 »
Elora let out a roll of laughter as her little chubby hands held on to the coffee table. Her legs, still bent as all baby's legs ought to be, held her strong and proud. Shery watched from the couch and smiled briefly before returning her attention to the datapad in her hands. Elora's growth speed was advancing at a good pace, and she knew that soon enough she would be free of the task of needing to feed her with the body; the kind of freedom that came with joy most of the time, though she could hardly say it would give her the freedom to manipulate or terrorize the galaxy much more. The Sith Mistress had born enough children in the past to know by now that they were hardly a liability in these matters; time management was, after all, a parents' greatest ability.

Allowing herself to sink deep into some of the studies  she'd renewed since arriving on Corstris, she presently set the datapad aside and looked at Elora. The images formed out of thin air; a rancor the size of a human adult, a table sized sand snake, and a wompa, all three staring straight at the child. Elora laughed and tried to grab one, and the three began to run around in a circle, entertaining the little baby.

Shery smiled.

• Nex in Umbra
The Time Is Now (Invite)
« Reply #2 on: 07/09/13 02:49:48 »
As the presences of both his daughter and Shery washed over him, the dark-skinned Sith Lord smiled thinly.  At a measured pace, he crossed the remainder of the lawn and climbed the small flight of stairs at the rear of the estate that lead to the main floor of the Palace.  Once he was inside, he crossed the green marble tiling to a large, helical-staircase in the center of the main atrium.  Stepping off at the fourth floor landing, Cameron made his way down the long, carpeted hall to the master living suite.

When the Sith Lord entered the large suite of rooms, the sound of his daughter's laughter filled his ears.  Slipping silently into the room Shery and Elora occupied, Cameron knew that he had no hope to go unnoticed regardless of how quiet he was.  Bending down behind Shery, Cameron snaked his arms over her shoulders and down her sides to her waist as he nibbled her ear softly.  "Hello gorgeous."

I am fate.

Offline Shery deWinter

• Administrator
The Time Is Now (Invite)
« Reply #3 on: 07/09/13 16:28:06 »
A soft moan escaped her lips, but the illusions never wavered. She had half a century of practice under her belt. Placing her arms above his, she allowed  herself to sink back into him, taking his scent in slowly. It was strange now; before her ex husband,and thereafter, she had thought she wold not be satisfied by a single person again. And though their relationship was not officially exclusive in any way, she had to admit she found herself less and less hunting for certain pleasures. Turning her head, she nibbled on his lower lip before rising from the couch.

"Can you sense it?" she asked with a little smile as she turned around, facing him now. It was not long before her body was pressed against his, and her lips moved with a hunger that had not been present in the days before. The tips of her fingers had been prickling as of late, and not in the neurotic kind of a way. Power was rising and dropping all over the Galaxy all the time, and the last few months had been exceptionally quiet. Yet quiet always signaled something else. Something brewing. And now... She could pinpoint a beginning of something new.

• Nex in Umbra
The Time Is Now (Invite)
« Reply #4 on: 07/11/13 03:22:36 »
Cameron moaned softly into the kiss.  Wrapping his arms around Shery, the Sith Lord ignored all of his surroundings, focusing instead of the simple feeling of pleasure that he always felt in her presence.  The Lord Imperator had considered a great many things in his recent solitude from affairs with the Empire.  Thoughts of Shery and Elora had come up routinely during that time, and he had in fact...made decisions.  The content of those decisions would no doubt surprise anyone that knew him even relatively well.  Hell...they were still shocking to Cameron himself.  However, he was a creature of passion, emotion, and control.  The Sith Lord made no decision without analytical thought...usually that happened swiftly.  This particular decision had taken quite a bit of time - a testament to the gravity of said decision.

As Cameron broke the embrace, he temporarily set aside his personal thoughts.  "The heartbeat of the Galaxy intensifies though its activity slows.  A calm before the storm, perhaps."  No doubt the storm would prove largely...disappointing as it so often did.  "Nevertheless, I believe we should make a trip to Endelaan.  I sense that the newest members of the family have been granted life."  For a brief moment, Cameron shifted his gaze to Elora.  A soft smile touched his lips before his silver-green gaze returned to the emerald green gaze of the child's beautiful mother.

I am fate.

Offline Shery deWinter

• Administrator
The Time Is Now (Invite)
« Reply #5 on: 07/19/13 03:45:32 »
Now there was something new; the flash of realization passed through her eyes, as the Sith Mistress understood that she'd been taken by surprise. Of course, she had sensed the birth of her grandchildren as well, feeling the pain and blood of their birth thickly enough through the Force to almost absorb the raw power that came with it. There was no way she could conceive of that would permit the expansion of her children and their children without her knowledge of it, be it through her network of little spies, or through the Force.

Yet what of knowledge, when times like these came. It was not the mention of the new grandchildren that surprised her as much as statement. Trip to Endelaan. Hardly the first time since she left it in her pregnant state, and yet... This would would not be a pleasure trip. "Is Endelaan ready to face its complete destruction already?" she asked as her lips curled into a smile, the sadistic joy at the thought unhidden from her voice. To her, the planet was as equally useless as Tatooine had been; a place to which origins could be traced, and that had nothing left to give in servitude to her, thereby announcing its complete and utter uselessness.

"I've no will or intention to visit it for any other reason in the foreseeable future,"
she continued as she turned around, walking away from Cameron. They would be leaving shortly. The only question would be about the price. "The forest near their  main center of life, or just the Temple along with everybody currently in it?"

• Nex in Umbra
The Time Is Now (Invite)
« Reply #6 on: 07/20/13 09:59:30 »
Cameron smiled as he watched Shery walk away from him.  Whether or not he was smiling at the view or her words was irrelevant.  When Shery turned back around, the Sith Lord clasped his hands behind his back, causing the fabric of his cloak to part slightly more than it already was.  "I see.  I have no desire to give you anything other than everything you may want, Shery.  Regardless of what land or political titles we may or may not occupy throughout the galaxy..."  Cameron closed the distanced between them as he gazed down at her eyes.  Slipping his arm around to the small of her back, the Sith Lord abruptly pulled the Sith Mistress' body tightly against his own.  "...you remain my only true Queen wherever we may be.  In my solitude, I've come to this realization in full."  It was a powerful statement if...non-traditional.  Cameron Centurion's devotion to one person, truly, had been determined.

As he slowly caressed the curves of Shery's body with his free hand, Cameron lowered his head such that his lips brushed gently against her ear.  "Do with the savages what you will, should you wish to declare war upon their civilization.  I hardly..."  Cameron's free hand slipped gently between Shery's legs, teasing only her upper thigh as it slowly progressed upwards.  "...think they warrant such attentions.  So what will it be, Mi'lady?"

I am fate.

Offline Shery deWinter

• Administrator
The Time Is Now (Invite)
« Reply #7 on: 07/20/13 23:39:58 »
His statement had not gone unnoticed. For now though, Shery chose not to answer, merely continuing directly from where he'd left off; "You think me so easily swayed by the mere touch of the flesh?" she laughed, though she made no move to stop Cameron's caresses between her legs. Her body visibly shuddered as his hand made its way up, and her own hands came down to his torso, sneaking beneath the fabric of his clothes to feel his skin.

"I supposed it would be good for Elora to meet her new... family," she sighed. But why now? The three would hardly remember the meeting by the time they were old enough for it to matter, and whether it went exceptionally well or not... They would not really be doing anything to bond the children together or forcefully keep them apart, "let us go to Endelaan then."

• Nex in Umbra
The Time Is Now (Invite)
« Reply #8 on: 07/21/13 00:22:10 »
Cameron smiled at the feel of Shery's hands against his body.  "I'm not trying to sway you to anything.  I merely enjoy having my hands on your body."  The physical contact between them had, quite literally, nothing to do with the current topic of conversation.  "It would be good for you to see them too, Shery."  Elora wasn't really the only one that Cameron felt needed the exposure.  "Besides, we need to get away from Corstris.  When we finish on Endelaan, we can go somewhere for some...well...fun."  The smile on Cameron's face slowly spread at the thought, and he wasn't even thinking sexually.

It'd been quite some time since he'd satisfied his blood-lust.  Releasing Shery's body, he casually stepped away from her and went over to scoop his rapidly growing daughter into his arms.  Turning to face Shery, he smirked.  "The servants are already preparing the vessel."

I am fate.

Offline Shery deWinter

• Administrator
Re: The Time Is Now (Invite)
« Reply #9 on: 07/30/13 01:27:21 »
"We do not need to go to Endelaan for that," the Sith Mistress chuckled. Time spent traveling ensured so little privacy anyway.  She did scoff at the mention of it being good for her to see them. But there was hardly a point in arguing; both she and Cameron were sufficiently stubborn to keep their opinions on the matter, and she had little to no reason to go see grandchildren that would no-

The Sith Mistress blinked. Perhaps, there would be other ways to handle the situation. Elora's giggle caught her attention, and smiled, both to her and to Cameron.

"Of course they are," she said, keeping the seeds of plotting to herself for the moment, "why don't you and Elora keep each other company until we leave? She hardly sees enough of you, and is still young enough to think you can do anything," she added with a wink. Without waiting for an answer she turned and left the room.

• Nex in Umbra
« Reply #10 on: 08/06/13 17:53:26 »
Cameron looked from Shery to Elora with a warm smile.  "Your mother is just teasing.  Of course I can do anything."  The Sith Lord offered Shery only another brief smile before turning to walk off with his daughter cradled in his arms.  Casually, he made his way towards the large doors that lead to the balcony.  Stepping outside into the sun, Cameron reoriented Elora so that she could see the mountain-lined horizon that marked the easternmost boundary of Destiny's Refuge.  Raising Elora's body such that her right ear was close to his lips, Cameron whispered to his daughter.  "Wherever you go, people will either love you or hate you.  The realities of this are irrelevant, so long as they know well enough to respect the power you wield.  However, to ensure this, you must in turn respect the power you wield yourself.  Power is nothing without control and without complete control of yourself and your emotions, you can never hope to have real power."

Turning the child around to face him, Cameron allowed his smile to broaden.  "Always remember that you must work everyday to earn and maintain power.  It cannot be handed to you through granting of mere land or title.  Should you receive such a gift, treat it as such; a gift, an opportunity to excel.  You have many siblings that have failed to understand this basic premise, but I will not let you follow in their footsteps, dearest Elora."  After placing a soft kiss on the child's forehead, Cameron placed Elora on the deck and took a seat beside her.

I am fate.

Offline Shery deWinter

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: 08/09/13 15:56:02 »
Leaving the two to their own devices, the Sith Mistress shook her head and headed for the refresher. It would not take her long to get ready; a lifetime of travel, both for pleasure and for need, had made certain that she was always ready to simply head off. Within moments, what few items she needed to take with her (most of which had more to do with Elora anyway) were ready, and it wasn't long before she emerged out as well, clean and set to leave.

Following the sounds of Elora's laughter, Shery found both her and Cameron out on the deck. "After we've had our fun," she said as she sat herself down on Cameron's lap, her hands freely roaming beneath his shirt again, "I think I'd like to go to Thyferra." Leaning forward, her lips found his skin just above the collar of the shirt, and she let herself enjoy it, her tongue flicking out to caress the area for just a moment, "Will you come with me?"

• Nex in Umbra
« Reply #12 on: 08/09/13 16:32:22 »
Cameron watched the young girl entertain herself for several moments as he created little illusions that teased her and seemingly exploded as she pretended to attack them.  A thin smile of both amusement and pride adorned his features.

When Shery stepped out onto the deck and slipped herself into his lap, the Sith Lord's attention was diverted but the illusions remained for Elora.  Smirking at Shery, Cameron slowly began snaking a free hand up the hem of her gown that had hiked up slightly when she sat in his lap.  Cameron's free hand merely massaged the smooth skin of her back.  The Sith Lord had spent a small eternity disciplining himself against the temptations of just about anyone and anything.  Yet somehow...it seemed as if anytime he was around Shery he was almost completely subject to her whims.  Cameron was routinely left speechless by her beauty and powerless before the veneer of grace that covered a brutal, powerful soul. 

He hated it only as much as he craved the way she made him feel be it in bed, on the battlefield, or generally engaging in any social situation.  The hard truth, however, was that Cameron hesitated to admit the existence of such an immensely intimate bond.  "Thyferra," Cameron purred into Shery's ear.  "I would go anywhere with you."

I am fate.

Offline Shery deWinter

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: 08/10/13 16:49:15 »
The choice of the gown had been a good one; she enjoyed his caresses and her body responded both to his touch and to the air against her skin, keeping only the moans in check as she had no wish to be anything vocal for the moment. "Anywhere?" she teased as her lips made their way upwards, finding the line of his jaw. Several different examples hose sole merit would've been to test that claim up passed through her mind, but she quickly dismissed them, taking pleasure in Cameron's touch and presence for the moment.

Yet there were things that could only be postponed for so long. The sooner they were off, she knew, the sooner they would be rid of Endelaan, and the quicker the planet would be nothing but a memory to be forgotten until the next time.

With a fluid motion she rose, the fabrics of her gown spooling down to the floor once more, her hand taking Cameron's as she smiled. A few more moments of these, she knew, before the storms began once more. And oh... How much fun they would be having

• Nex in Umbra
« Reply #14 on: 08/12/13 15:35:47 »
Cameron smiled thinly at Shery's mental interrogative.  As comfortable as the simple pleasure of having Shery in his grasp was, he too knew that if they didn't leave soon it would likely be put off indefinitely.  However, Cameron also knew that the motivations for the trip between him and Shery were vastly different.  She, quite literally, wanted to have nothing further to do with Endelaan and just about anyone on the planet's surface.  Whether that was an opinion that would change in the future or not...truthfully was not Cameron's larger concern.  Then again...Nessarose and Diomedes' offspring were definitively his first grandchildren.

As Shery ushered him to his feet, Cameron followed.  Before leaving the deck behind her, he bent down to scoop up their daughter whom was already staring up at them, reaching into the sky in expectation.  Placing a soft kiss on the girl's cheek, the Sith Lord quickly swept back inside the estate and began leading his family through the corridors to the landing pad.  Once they had arrived, Cameron passed off his daughter to her mother and went about ensuring everything was in its place and the flight crew operating the Luxury Yacht were prepared for departure.

A few days later, the Luxury Yacht exited hyperspace in the Endelaan system.  Already waiting in the cockpit with the flight crew, Cameron nodded to the Captain to transmit his personal identification code.  As the protocol of his arrangement with the Potestatem dictated, the Lord Imperator waited patiently for a response.

I am fate.

Offline Shery deWinter

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: 08/13/13 17:44:45 »
Endelaan. A piece of useless planet out in the distant nowhere. In many ways, the Sith Mistress ranked it even beneath Tatooine. At least the desert planet had the decent sense to be run by hutts, who at least knew how to conduct business. But here? A playground for her daughter, a place to that made her feel she was was worthy or had achieved anything. A place with such a little population, that one decent earthquake could shake.

It wasn't long before all the proper channels had been opened and had communicated, 'permitting' the ship to land. Shery already let her dark presence wash over the planet, not needing to touch the ground before announcing her little mommie' home via the Force. An earthquake sounded like a very good idea indeed.

"Does she still try to conduct business over dinner?" she asked Cameron with an open sneer on her face.

• Nex in Umbra
« Reply #16 on: 08/15/13 19:44:56 »
If Cameron didn't know every aspect of Shery's being like his own body, he still would have known her outright resentment for the general existence of Endelaan merely by the feel of her presence within the Force.  To that end, the Sith Lord could not blame her.  Endelaan had, in all honesty, been nothing but a burden to the both of them.  More to the point, Cameron blamed himself for every bit of what had happened.  He was the one that unleashed Maximus and by extension Boadicea upon the galaxy.  That single incident set off a chain reaction of events.  Then again, that single incident had also given him Elora.  Her birth was what he regarded as the single greatest moment of his life to date.

His thoughts about the past of course forced him to realize just how much history of their family was centered around the planet.  Nessarose was, for certain, not Cameron's offspring.  However, he'd had a hand in raising her just as the vast majority of adults in her life.  If she was a disappointment to Shery, then that was of course Shery's business.  What Cameron knew was that his love for Shery had swelled in recent times to a degree he never thought he would ever experience.  Yet the very same woman had wanted to kill his child at one point.  The teenager on the planet below had attempted to do it.  Yet outside of all the personal and professional strife that drifted through this 'family', Cameron remained loyal to one concept and one concept alone.  Those that he cared for, he cared for unconditionally.  The Sith Lord's caring, however, did know limits.  His unconditional appreciation came at the price of never being a complete embarrassment to the blood coursing through his body.

Once they had received their clearance to land, Cameron turned to face Shery.  Despite her emotions of the visit or the sneer on his face, the Sith Lord could do little more than think of how impressive of a woman she was.  As he gazed at her in silence, he considered something very briefly and then responded.  "Can't say that I know.  I don't generally travel to Endelaan for many family dinners."  Abruptly, Cameron forcefully grabbed Shery's arm and pulled her body against his.  Wrapping his arms around her, he leaned against the bulkhead and gazed over the top of her head at the image of Endelaan rapidly approaching in the forward viewport.  "I honestly stay out of Potestatem affairs and thus away from Endelaan."

I am fate.

Offline Shery deWinter

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: 09/03/13 01:43:53 »
"Temporarily at best," the Sith Mistress replied, but the passion of the fight had gone elsewhere; now that he had grabbed her, she permitted herself some release, the force of her lust and passion now aimed at him as she pressed her lips to his with hunger.

But there was only so much distraction she would permit; they had, after all, come to this dreadful place for a reason. Breaking their embrace, Shery smiled and motioned for Cameron to leave. The sooner he was done conducting his business here, the sooner they could go.

A servant was already bringing Elora in.

"Perhaps I shall join you two later,"
she said, allowing her voice to sound just how few intentions she had of actually doing that.

• Nex in Umbra
« Reply #18 on: 09/03/13 18:15:31 »
Cameron returned Shery's kiss with equal passion, showing the slightest hint of displeasure at her summary termination of the embrace.  The second the Sith Mistress had motioned off the cockpit as if he was going to travel to the surface alone, the Sith Lord smiled thinly. 

Once Elora had been brought in, she waddled her way over to Cameron and Shery.  The Sith Lord deftly scooped the little girl into his arms.  Without taking his eyes off of Elora, he made a simple enough statement to both the flight crew and Shery, respectively.  "Take us down to the coordinates I provided.  And you're coming, stop being difficult."  There was little else for Cameron to say as he departed the flight deck with Elora in his arms.

-----
Thirty Minutes Later

The luxury yacht touched down just outside the Forbidden Temple and swiftly extended the loading ramp.  Cameron's large, cloaked figure stepped onto the well-maintained grass as Elora held on to his left leg with her right arm.  Both of their vibrant eyes scanned the horizon, awaiting the host for this little 'get together'.  For now, the Sith Lord would permit Shery about ten minutes of being stubborn.

I am fate.