Author Topic: What was once old, is new.... yet again - Corulag (Invite)  (Read 888 times)

Offline William Carter

Corulag, home of Sienars Advanced Research Division and the perfect place for the kind of modification that William was looking to have added to the 'Scourge'. Obviously she was due an major overhaul at some point in the future, but for the time being her present provided technology was still new enough to at least keep somewhat up with the galaxy had to offer at large. That, however was not entirely true, considering the regular military forces of the Tapani Sector, but that was an entirely different ballgame in its own. Modifying a single ship and uprating it was one thing, but either retrofitting an entire fleet the size of theirs or scrapping it all together and replacing it with new was simply out of the question. Besides, you don't fix what isn't inherently broken, and for the time being most if not all the ships was fit for their duty but obviously they would get replaced as time passed on and they slowly started to fall apart... or was lost in battle. A much more practical and leaner way to slowly replace and upgrade your fleet on a budget.
Looking out from his office, the 'Scourge' was barely visible, sitting in orbit as she was going through some modifications as well as updates to her intricate components. Having somewhat distanced himself from some of the polical side of the galaxy he had taken the time to dedicate a part of himself to both Sienar aswell as running Tapani as opposed to running around half the galaxy all the time. But the retrofitting of the 'Scourge' was coming to an end and he figured he better be there for tail end of it and take it out on its maiden cruise with the modifications, but while waiting he might just as well check the business and how it was running. Naturally he wasn't running the company on the day to day routine, he was far too preoccupied for that, but still kept the company under close watch and scrutiny, like he would have done any company he himself or the tapani sector had "legitimately" acquired.
But for the time being he was content with what he saw. Naturally there was room for improvements here and there, and those improvements would be sought, but overall it didn't nearly half as bad as it could otherwise have done. Being one of the top 3 main star ship producers in the galaxy tended to bring business all in its own and SFS had long since established itself in the galaxy through supplying the Old Republic, to the Empire, to well just about anyone with the money to pay and the influence to cater to them.
Pushing back from his desk he rose to his full height and moved out of the door to the office. His offices served its purposes, but for what it was worth he actually preferred to be on the move and actually do something, rather then sit stuck behind a desk.... most of the time. If nothing else but perhaps some personal oversight was in order he thought to himself and smirked somewhat before it quickly subsided....

Offline Domino

What was once old, is new.... yet again - Corulag (Invite)
« Reply #1 on: 05/31/13 13:27:34 »
   Above the Temperate world of Corulag, the light cruiser Ronin was easing into the Sienar spacedock. On its bridge, its soul master was examining the final list of repairs and upgrades the ship was to undergo. The crew had already had their shore leave approved, everything was ready and packed, and all that was left to do was sign the work bill. "Commander. The Scourge is listed as in the docks as well." the Junior scan tech reported. Both of her radio operators were talking with the yard so it was his responsibility to go through all the friendly little info packets and lists SFS sent one of their major shareholders every time they checked in. One of them, and what the Sith had ordered prioritized for scrutiny, was a list of every ship currently docked.
   "Thank you Corporal." So, her old Master was here. She hadn't seen him since he left the Postatum. It would be interesting to see what he thought of it and her now. "Right, once docking procedures have finished everybody not on the stay behind crew is dismissed. If anyone fails to report back for their shift I'm docking them a week's pay." It was an old procedure for the crew by now, though they usually practiced it at Bespin, the ship's usual berth above Cloud City. Always the workaholic, Domino was certain she knew where William would be and, taking her datapad, typed out a quick message to him while riding the lift from the rear of the bridge down to the hanger where the shuttles were waiting to ferry people down to the planet. Being the owner of it all and the signer of the paychecks, it was a simple matter to redirect one of them over to where the head offices were.

-Master. It's a pleasure to know you're nearby. I have just brought in that Namana you and I captured together for service over in slip 387. My shuttle should be touching down near your offices in short order if you would like to do some catching up.   ~ Domino

Offline William Carter

« Reply #2 on: 06/02/13 10:19:18 »
Walking outside he felt her presence as she announced herself and bringing a slight smirk to his face. But she was indeed correct, it had been ages since they had last dumped into each other. Not at any fault of either of them, but that was just how the turn of events had turned out over the many months that had passed. Was he surprised to find her here, not really, but was he at least somewhat happy to bump into her again, to some extend yes as she was once his apprentice but he surely expected to hopefully see that she had been able to progress on her own and had made improvements since their paths split. His reasons for splitting with the Potestatem was his own, but didn't harbour ill will against them despite it all. And as always they would be welcomed to conduct business... as would anyone else with the coffers to pay the prices that was asked. And as usual discounts was certainly within the realm of posibility.... provided the order was large enough.
But rather then merely walk away from the office complex he figured it was no greater harm to hang back a bit and at least allow his apprentice, present or former didn't really matter, to arrive. He wasn't in a particular hurry anyway, it would still take some time before the 'Scourge' was done with her modifications and preflight checks so no harm in waiting a few minutes and hopefully catch up.

Offline Domino

« Reply #3 on: 06/03/13 11:32:49 »
   There was mostly just standing room inside the lambdas these days. They had come with seats but they had kept removing them so much to fill them to their max capacity that the flight crews had asked for, and received, her permission to just leave them out and install hanging handles in rows down the shuttles' ceilings. Of course they'd left the folding seats along the walls in as well as the much more comfortable ones in the cockpit, but Domino was content to just hold on to one of the center grabs near the ramp swaying and shaking with the rest of the passengers as they descended through the atmosphere. The pilots would drop her off and then take the others into the nearby city before returning to the Ronin for another load of people. A task her pilots were more than used to performing by now.

Finally the ship touched down oust off the main walk through the complex and Domino took a moment to mentally prepare herself before triggering the nose ramp with a push of the force and striding down the still extending ramp and down to the ground just as it finished. Once clear she gave the pilots a nod and they took off again leaving her alone. Well not completely alone, there were other pedestrians about, some of them even interested in her arrival and looking over the apparently important Twi'lek, but she ignored them, choosing instead to focus on the one presence that mattered. It was easy to single out where her old master was, his aura was like a dark beacon to her after she'd spent so much time in its presence, was baptized by it during her acceptance of the darkside and of who she really was, of what she could be. Flipping one of her Lekku back over her shoulder, Domino raised her hood and set off to meet her maker.

Offline William Carter

« Reply #4 on: 06/07/13 13:08:13 »
Knowing that his apprentice was actually at Corulag and was going to have some modifications done herself was rather interesting. And now was just about as good a time for catching up as ever. While on Corulag and generally while walking around he didn't actually feel a need or desire to cover up, and there really was little point. He was as known as could be and he might all the same be better off simply remaining in view as opposed to trying to hide. Naturally he would hide or otherwise obscure his face when he was trying to be on the rather shady side or conduct business that would or could otherwise come back and bite him in the ass later on. 
But seeing the shuttle that was most likely hers he walked in the general direction having a decent idea of where she might and where she could effectively be allowed to land. Because while most of the R&D area was rather expansive and did have room for landing shuttle landing it actually wasn't their intended purpose.... and far from it. But knowing where he might end up finding her he walked in that direction not exactly minding the other workers passing back and forth on the walkways and passing him. 

Offline Domino

« Reply #5 on: 06/12/13 15:03:40 »
   Seeing her master already approaching, Domino swept back her hood and gave him a shallow bow in greeting. "It's good to see you again Carter." She'd decided to settle on something semi-formal. He was no longer her actual master and he might not want to be acting in his roll as a king, so she'd settled on a respectful greeting that hadn't placed him in a higher social rank than she was. Even though they both knew he was far more powerful than her in the force and political rank. "I'm sorry that we haven't had a chance to get together again since you left the Postatum, but you know how it is. Always aomething needing to be done or everything will fall apart. How have you been keeping?"

Offline William Carter

« Reply #6 on: 06/29/13 08:19:08 »
"And likewise Domino, It has indeed been far too long." he said and offered the slightest of smiles. Her choice of greeting was to be expected all things considered and coming from her he didn't take it personal or really take much note of it, now had it been just about anyone else... He listened and while her apologising wasn't exactly what he had wanted to hear he allowed it to slide for the time being. "We are both at blame for not keeping in touch, but you are correct. Things here, there and every where to attend to and all of a sudden several years has passed" he said and supressed a slight sigh. Leaving the Postatum hadn't been the hard thing, but returning to lead the kingdom had, but it had been a change that had been required. He needed to rule first and affirm his position and status as its ruler as opposed to running around the galaxy like the young man he had once been. Part of him just had issues.... letting go.

"Picking up after my brother and sister hasn't exactly been a walk in the park, but at least now I can start seeing and end to it all" he said with a slight smirk. It had been hard and arduious work, but finally he was slowly starting to get to the top of the pile and could afford himself some personal time at least for the time being. It was either that or someone ended up on the other side of his swords sooner rather then later. "But one can only manage to be cooped up for so long before you need to reach for the surface and snag a breath of air, and well here I am " he plainly stated. Part of him yaurned for the moment that he had an heir of a fitting age that could start slowly taking over some of his duties so that he could revert to matters at hand... that really mattered.

"So how is the Postatum and Ilum treating you lately?" he enquired. While having severed ties with the TSP for the time being didn't mean he didn't actually care or wasn't interested in the going ons etcetera. Actually keeping on top up of what happened in the wide galaxy was one of his more important taskes. He wasn't looking for a repeat of the catastrophe that was Tapani's last union with a major group...

Offline Domino

« Reply #7 on: 07/14/13 10:15:54 »
   She hadn't really been apologizing, it had just been polite  conversation to her while they each figured out where the other stood.  Now they knew that they were still allies, at least in regards to their  own power-plays in the Sith 'brotherhood.'

"Ilum is doing well, I'm sure you understand that I can't really talk  about it. You did leave the Postatum after all. In fact I'm a little  surprised that her highness didn't try to have you killed over it,  either she isn't as worried about security anymore or she sees you as a  potential future ally." She stayed quite for the next few paces,  watching and thinking. Revealing this next bit of information could  potentially put Razelle in danger, but if the woman ever went to William  for help, she would want him to know in advance that it was for her as  well. "As for the Postatum at large? I'm seeing  someone. Do you remember the Queen's Raven? The one she always had  working on the ships and port? We've been seeing each other pretty  steady for awhile now. Well, schedules permitting."

Domino walked along in pensive silence for a few steps a little  embarrassed by her admission. Love could be be a benefit for a Sith, but  it was also a gaping weakness, an obvious target for someone trying to  get to her. Good thing she could trust Razelle to take care of herself. "Anyways," She tried to change the subject, "I'm  sure you've heard about the new Baroness of Cloud City by now. If you  like I could get you spun Tibana at near cost, boost your 'negotiating'  powers by quite a bit." The naturally occurring phenomenon of  spun Tibana was widely sought after for its power boosting properties  when used to power turbolasers and blasters. Naturally it was incredibly  expensive on the open market.

Offline William Carter

Initially he was more then content to simply listen, observe, monitor. It had after all been some time since they had last had the time to catch up on recent events and events past. That the Potestatum was doing well was at least somewhat good news, because while he left the coalition on his own volition he still didn't have an exact aversion towards what they were doing nor trying to achieve. Ultimately it just came down to differences in opinion at which point he figured it wiser and best to simply turn around and walk away before ultimately commiting to a course of action he wouldn't be able to back down from. "For obvious reasons I understand why certain topics might not be discussed" he said with a slight smirk. "For much the same reason I can't go into great details about the Tapani Sector either apart from the fact that retreating myself from the galaxy from time to time seems to have given me a clarity and knowledge that I would not have thought possible" he added leaving it sufficiently cryptic and not revealing alot if at all.

Taking a few steps he carried on: "Killing me or trying to kill me over leaving the Potestatum would most likely have left it in a much worse state then it is in at the moment. And truth be told I don't really have much of a reason to spread the knowledge, besides there are worse people out there that known of the TSP and its location" he said and at the same time assuming that Domini knew of whom he spoke. Otherwise he would have to elaborate, but all in due time.

"But looks like things are looking out for you, thats good" he said with the faintest of smiles before carrying on. He didn't think there was much reason stepping around in it considering he could feel at least in part shift in emotions from his former apprentice. While he might not ultimately agree with it all, it was however her own experience to make "I find it most peculiar how some people assume that we don't benifit from patience as well. I guess some people just haven't tried walking in our shoes" he said and flashed a slight smirk. "Good things comes to those that wait or can wait" he finally added.

The prospect of a potential long term and substatial repeat order from Cloud City sounded more tempting now that it was in the right hands for the time being. "I am pretty certain that Sienar Fleet Systems and some of its subsidiaries would be most interested in placing some substantial orders from time to time, unless this discount only extends to me personally" he said with a somewhat cheeky smile. For obvious reasons he would naturally repay the favour the other way around, but he figured that was a given. That was just how business worked, one hand greased the other hand to make the wheels turn faster and better and with an arrangement with the new mangement of Cloud City would give him and Sienar a even bigger advantage on the galactic market, but how much of an advantage only time would really tell.