Author Topic: What is the Republic, exactly? An OOC explenation + place for discussions and suggestions  (Read 1292 times)

Offline Descension Bot

Faction: The Republic
Mod: Descension Bot
Starting Planets: Corellia, Chandrila, Ord Trasi, Yavin IV, Ossus

As it appears this site has a constant and regular problem with having a lightsided faction that is active and is properly staffed, I present to you, The Republic. The Republic will be a good faction which accepts NFU characters, Neutral characters, and Lightside characters (Darkside/Sith need not apply).

The faction, unlike previous factions, will be maintained by all of staff, who will toss out missions OOC'ly and occasionally come in to DM a thread here or there, but generally leave the rest up to the faction members.

Any questions/concerns/advice/suggestions, feel free

Offline Aeron555

Hello, I've joined Descension just today... Quicky question, how do I join the Republic?
And a suggestion: The Republic should form a senate or a congress. We are, after all, a Republic. I'm hoping to create a politician character for the Republic...

Offline Descension Bot

Hello Dave,
To join the Republic, just jump into any open Repubic related thread that is happening (currently the only one is Treasure Hunt, as we only set up a few days ago), or feel free to start your own! Once you've done that, please check in over here (check ins are from the 1st through the 7th of every month).

You can RP a politician, and choose whether you want to RP the whole story of how your character became one, or decide to start playing as one and see where it leads you. We're very flexible on that.

As for the senate or congress, that is a wonderful idea. The current plan is to give it another week or two to see who the PC's we have for it are, or whether it will be fully NPC'd.

If you have any more questions or suggestions, don't hesitate.

I am your faithful Descension Bot

Offline Aeron555

Awesome... I'll post in the monthly check in as soon as I make my first IC post. Another quick question: Since no one seems to have taken this position, may I be the chancellor..?
Just out of curiosity, do you RP any characters?

Offline Pakia Lovold

I had a diplomat by the name of Kaytee Vitaan from Lorrd I rped two years ago that I can bring in as a senator if you want, too. I'll just say she moved to one of the planets listed here when she saw the direction the Empire-in-Exile went when it kind of fell apart in an updated bio. I'll have to make an updated bio for her with a middle initial added to her name since she was linked with my Linra Vee account,but that won't be a problem at all. I already recreated a profile for Linra when I bring her back, as soon as I find out the new leader for The Revant Empire is, so I can do the same with Kaytee if everyone likes the idea of me having my Kaytee also as a senator

Kaytee was part of the Empire-in-Exile eons ago, so you would think she would lean toward the The Revenant Empire, but she always despised the Sith and their destructive ways, so she would have broken apart from them as soon as she saw how much influence they had over what she had high hopes for. Plus she despises slavery and was always an outspoken critic of it, so it is not very likely Kaytee she would have sympathized with the Revenant Empire as it matured. Just a thought!

And if people like this idea, I wouldn't mind doing some sort of IC post with you Dave as my Kaytee

Offline Aeron555

*claps hand in delight.*
Oohh, get Katyee over here as a Senator! I'd be more than happy to start out a RP between Dave and Kaytee, maybe they can discuss their political views while drinking coffee or something.

Offline Pakia Lovold

Okay! So one yay vote. If others like this idea can I claim the title of Senator of Chandrila for my Kaytee as the general idea of living in harmony with nature which is the general feeling of Chandrilians and giving people a say in how things were run directly would appeal to my Kaytee the most?

Thanks!

Offline Descension Bot

The Descension Bot gives the stamp of approval! Go forth and RP!

To quote Wookiepedia, "The chancellor is title of the Head of State and Government as well as Senate President and Senate Chair of the Galactic Republic." If you believe you can handle that, go for it

I'm the Descension Bot - I'm not a specific person, but run by everyone on the site who has admin level and above (currently Shery/Nessarose and Lauda, since Cameron is yet to return). Together those two writers have over 40 characters on the board, and at least one character of the former is active in the previously mentioned link (Treasure Hunt).

Offline Pakia Lovold

Okay! When I get home from work today I will get my new Kaytee profile up and running so go ahead and start a thread Dave and I shall reply.

Offline Aeron555

@Descension Bot - I'm all for it. Also, thanks for the clarification.
@Pakia - That's fantastic. I'll have Dave ready to RP.

Offline Kaytee M Vitaan

Okay, got my Kaytee profile set up. Cannot do my bio tonight as I have too much other stuff to do, but Dave feel free to start a thread for Dave and Kaytee and I'll drop by it tomorrow after work for a reply
« Last Edit: 06/03/13 13:00:50 by Kaytee M Vitaan »

Offline Aeron555

Alright, awesome. I still haven't worked on Dave's bio, so I hope I'm allowed to RP without a bio. I'll get the thread started.

Offline Aeron555

Just a quick question: Is the Republic's capital planet Corellia? Or some other planet?

Offline Kaytee M Vitaan

Yes, you can rp without a bio! Bios aren't necessary But I always do one myself, just so others can know about your character

But yeah, you don't have to!

Not sure what the capital of the Republic is, actually at the moment myself, either

So I would like to know, as well--lol

Offline Descension Bot

Since you two are the only ones to take interest in it, go right ahead and feel free to choose the capital. If you want Corellia, let it be Corellia. If you want one of the other planets, that's fine too. Just let us know what you guys decide

Offline Aeron555

I'd say Coronet City in Corellia would make a good capital.

Offline Kaytee M Vitaan

Sounds good to me, Dave

Offline Aeron555

I'll get a thread up soon.
I've been quite lazy lately... XD