Author Topic: Nice day for a white wedding. [BDK]  (Read 2015 times)

Offline Kiskla Grayson

Nice day for a white wedding. [BDK]
« on: 03/16/13 14:08:10 »
Naboo Kaadara 1630
Kaadara had always been one of Kiskla's favourite places on Naboo. Most of her Jedi training took place on this planet, but Kaadara always held a hint of interest to her, mostly because of the Starport and it's nearness to the ocean. When Destota had shown her his investment in property, she was beyond elated. His interest in her past, and in their future together was impressive. They had decided they wanted it out of the hands of Kiffu -- things would become far too official there, and Chandrila also came with complications. The next planet that still had sentiment attached, along with privacy, was Naboo. And who would have thought this day would come? Yes, she’d worn that ring on her finger for a mass of months now, but to have it actualized on a solidly set day? Her heart was in her throat, beating a million times a minute.
Why? Couldn’t tell you.

Kiskla had been looking in the mirror for longer than she ever had in her life. She was almost entirely fixated with the woman in white that looked back at her. She was more beautiful than she could have ever imagined; the glow that surrounded her was indescribable and vanity was not an element at this point. It was merely face value observation. And it wasn't particularly anything to do with her physique or overall appearance, it was purely based on the elated aura that surrounded her. Disbelief veiled her visage, and a medley of stress, excitement, joy and panic bubbled in her flat stomach.

Their relationship was somewhat funny – just the fact they were always on the go and that they could stop for a moment and just.. well there were really no words because she was legitimately speechless right now.

Not only was she about to change her Grayson name (her mother’s heritage) but she had added an additional amount of undue nervousness because she had gone back into her past, and uprooted importance from years ago. She wasn’t sure what he was doing, or where he was, or anything about his life now, but she had invited her Master Antares Marclonus. It had been an old contact device, linking to HK actually (her first droid nemesis) , rather than Antares, and it was ultimately a shot in the dark, but Kiskla presumed it was an important event, and as good a reason as any to reach out to re-connect with the man greatly responsible for who she was today. Of course, she was nervous because she had absolutely no idea if Master Marclonus were to show up or not.

With a distracted exhale, she ran her fingers through her hair and glanced out at the gorgeous Naboo sky that was ignited with fiery pastel hues. The line of the horizon was blurred, as the sky kissed the lake, spreading orange out to the entire backdrop of the ceremony.

This was her last evening as Kiskla Freya-Grayson, and she couldn't have been happier about it.
« Last Edit: 03/16/13 14:30:09 by Kiskla Grayson »

Offline Antares Marclonus

« Reply #1 on: 03/16/13 14:33:50 »
-Naboo-
-Kaadara-

It had been a long time since Antares had returned home to Naboo, he was no longer a part of the Jedi Order but he was still in service to Admiral Adama onboard the Galactica who was still doing what he could to forge a home out in the unknown regions. He had mostly turned his back on galactic events since the collapse of the Alliance and Adama took the Galactica and the fleet into the unknown regions where they would be able to start again, Master Starkiller had gone into seclusion and the Order had frittered away until it became history as all things eventually did.

It was HK who had rather reluctantly alerted him that he was receiving a signal from Kiskla Grayson that had lured him back to Naboo. Her message had been distorted by ionic interference but it had travelled a rather long way and if it was important enough for her to use that signal then it was important enough for him to return to her side. He had guided his battered old X-Wing to the local star port and quietly made his way towards that familiar feeling within the force, he had wondered what it was that made her summon him but as he listened to the locals as he walked past he found out that she was to be married, apparently to an Jedi Master Destota something. He had run into him but he had not formed much of an opinion of the man as he barely knew him but he knew Kiskla and if this was the man for her then that was enough for him, she still felt like vibrant life within the force and it made him smile slightly. She always had such an energy about her it almost had a life of its own at times but it was something that gave him great hope and he had enjoyed training her.

He found her standing there with a view of the sea, she had always loved the ocean, it was something that they both shared. Antares however was different, he was armed with a blaster and wore military armor instead of the traditional robes, his battered lightsaber still at his side but he had new scars on his face thanks to a particularly nasty duel that he had fought with a Sith by the name of Immortus but he would settle that debt in the future, for now it was important to concentrate on the present. "I hear congratulations are in order"

Offline Kiskla Grayson

« Reply #2 on: 03/16/13 14:47:13 »
There was a surge of energy in the Force, and a familiar sensation surged against the evening air. Kiskla's quarters of the balcony were secluded from where the make-shift aisle would be, and where Destota (and she assumed) the rest of The Knights were. That's why the warm presence was startling at first, but the voice broke all questions. She turned from facing the waters, and the warm sun to greet the person the voice belonged to. In a gleeful movement, she quickly covered the distance between them with a massive grin, and wrapped her arms around her former master's shoulders. 

"Master Marclonus!" She beamed, her level of happiness surging. Reaching out to him had been a shot in the dark, and she had felt relatively foolish pulling him from whatever he was involved in to join in on such a superficial event. People missed weddings all the time. But she had wanted to share this with him, at least for him to be here. Granted, he had been her first official crush, but she had been twelve and most know that never counts. Antares had taken on the role of a father figure, stepping in where her own had fallen short and teaching her the ways of The Force, expanding her knowledge and capabilities to those that she wished to achieve--and beyond. He always pushed her. The fact that he was here, in this moment, and alive, and well.. it was surreal. "I had no idea if I could reach you or not, or that HK would even patch me through I.." she was about to start her rambling as she often did when overly excited. "I wonder if he still resents me so. Always terrified me, that droid of yours, I've gotten a little better with that phobia.." Yes. Rambling. There was so much to cover! Her light eyes glittered with fancy, stepping back from him and clasping her hands before her chest to contain herself. 
"How have you been? Where have you been?" 

« Reply #3 on: 03/16/13 14:56:37 »
Well at least that hadn't changed as started talking at a rapid pace, he let her get her wind before he responded, he had learnt that it was best for her to run out steam before one plunged into the exhaustive reply "I have been serving with Admiral Adama out in the unknown regions, there is a lot of work to be done out there and since I left the Order I have been busy working for the old man. It would seem that you have been busy as well Kiskla. HK does sent his regards I believe his exact message was, tell the annoying meatbag that I am glad she has found someone else on to whom to inflict her inane chatter on, may his audio receptors be easily replaced."

Antares chuckled, he had been changed by the events that had taken past of the last few years but there were still some habits that held true, his Jedi like robes felt about his armor and he looked at the gown she was wearing "You look beautiful my former Padawan, your husband to be is a lucky man. Destota Valentine if I am not mistaken, former Jedi Master as I recall."

Offline Kiskla Grayson

« Reply #4 on: 03/16/13 15:18:13 »
Kiskla tucked her lips together and grinned madly to herself in response to the assassin droid's message. "Always a charmer," she chimed. Antares was never one to sit back and watch things happen, he was very much a do-er -- which was why he had been so well suited to being her master. Adama had been a major motivator in Kiskla earning her wings, as well, and she greatly admired the aging man. He was probably well into his late sixties by now, if not older. She was wretched at keeping track of time. She nodded politely while he explained, in uttermost brevity, his recent activities. "Glad to hear the Admiral is still kicking, though I rarely doubted it. I suppose it's all top secret, and you can't delve into it too much." For the first time, she was feeling the shock wear off and she allowed herself to give him a good look. He had aged, gracefully though, and accumulated some new marks. Indeed, he had been busy. "You've been in a few rough fights." She observed, folding her arms and tapping her lower lips with her index finger in thought. Antares was a skilled swordsman, and difficult to best when sparring. She wondered if she could even now, with her accumulated skill, trump him in a duel. With the aid of The Ones in her cuff, perhaps. 

"Current," she corrected on Destota's behalf, flushing at Antares' compliment. Both Destota and Kiskla were Jedi Masters, and actively sitting on the Jedi Council. Which was almost ironic in itself -- but since her visit to Mortis, and discussion with The Father, she supposed it would be appropriate. "And thank you, Master. I think you'll like him, he's quite brave and action oriented much like yourself. And very strong in The Force." She let that sink in for a moment, wondering how long she could rave about Destota until it got boring. Probably for days -- he really was a wonderful man. Caring for his community, active in the Order and with the Knights, as well as wielding an impressive presence in The Force. She decided that Antares was well enough to form his own opinion, and didn't need a passionate bride to persuade him. Speaking of persuasion, she wondered how he'd react to her activity with politics -- he'd never been fond of politicians. 
Kiskla shook her head in wonderment, finally voicing her thoughts. "I'm both amazed and thrilled that you made it." She and Destota had been engaged for months now, but they hadn't really discussed wedding plans very thoroughly. As a result, they had thrown the event together last minute, and she wasn't entirely sure who was coming -- she assumed the main characters that made up The Black Dragon Knights, but mixing work with pleasure was peculiar to her. Nevertheless, they were major components of her life, and when on the battlefield, Kiskla and her husband-to-be had always maintained a professional relationship -- it was well to have the Knights see that they did actually care for each other on a personal level. 

Offline Destota Valentine

« Reply #5 on: 03/16/13 16:07:26 »
Kaadara
Newly Aquired Valentine Property

---

Destota stood looking into his mirror for a longer moment than what he needed to ensure that his black and gold trimmed Naval uniform, regulation perfect and adorned with the medals, campaign ribbons and gold trim that he'd earned over the last twenty years. He adjusted his jacket once more and turned to Elena, who was standing near him, passive and in control of her emotions, for a change. She looked sharp in her White Admiral uniform, trimmed with black on the seams, blue eyes glowing with the growing Force energies within her. 

He glanced at her, his own presence calm. He was a sea of emotions but saw very little reason to be too nervous about a Marriage. He'd been on battlefields across the universe and now he was going to finally never be alone again. He cocked an eyebrow. "How do I look, Admiral?" 

"Perfectly attired, Supreme Commander." Elena replied in her usually clipped tone, confirming to him that she felt obligated to stand at his side during this, even though she loathed the idea of them being together. He let the emotion slide off him and he ignored it.  

Turning to the door he stepped closer to it. "Well then," He said, his voice calm and even. "Let's get on with it, shall we?" 

« Reply #6 on: 03/16/13 16:11:00 »
He had been away for a while if he no longer knew who were the current Jedi Masters back here in the territories, there had been one time he would have welcomed joining their ranks but he now knew that was a path that was not for him. The regulations and dogma that had held him back were no longer things that he could tolerate and he was doing more good now in his estimation then he ever did as a Jedi. But he kept such views to himself, it would not be the polite thing to do to air such views given the time and circumstance, he would stay for the wedding and then disappear back into the territories.

"I have had a few close calls now and then, there are dangerous things out there that go bump in the night, something needs to bump back."

He was calm, cool even which was strange give how much he loved Naboo, it was another sign of how much he had left this all behind him, more was the pity because he did still feel strongly drawn here but it just did not feel like home anymore. "So what are the plans for the ceremony?"

Offline Kiskla Grayson

« Reply #7 on: 03/16/13 16:48:20 »
Kiskla's face dropped at his question. The plans for the ceremony? Suddenly, everything she had mentally rehearsed flooded from her mind. That would be nerves. She hmmmd for a moment before it all came back. Good grief, hopefully that didn't happen again. She had absolutely no reason to be nervous, this was what she wanted with her entirety. 

--
Coruscant 
A few months ago, the night of the engagement
He rubbed the back of his neck, and looked at her. "I know that you're probably in panic mode by now, wondering how to handle everything, and I am too. To be honest, there is no...that is to say..."
-
"The usual I suppose," she smirked with a shrug "I've never done this before." Casting a glance over his shoulder toward her door frame as if some sort of signal would cue. "I'm going to the main patio at five o'clock, and that will be the aisle walking, vows, and then I suppose the regulated congratulations and whatnot."She looked down sheepishly, somewhat abashed at her lack of planning -- but in usual Kiskla fashion, she had just rushed into this. Not the marriage itself, that had been months of learning who she was about to marry, but the actual wedding day. "You just have to meet Destota and then you're absolutely free to go." The idea of him leaving again obviously pained her, but different paths were meant to be followed. "I don't want to keep you from bumping -- and on that note," she folded her arms commandingly, used to a certain amount of authority these days. "If you ever need any help, you have to tell me. I kind of know what I'm doing these days. " 
« Last Edit: 03/16/13 17:02:08 by Kiskla Grayson »

« Reply #8 on: 03/16/13 17:05:42 »
Antares stepped forward and did something that he never really did, he took her by the arms and embraced her. He was so proud of the person that she was and the Jedi that she had become, her training and life experiences had molded her into the person that she was today, someone that he was proud to call friend. He held her close before kissing her on the forehead and looking into her eyes "A fathers blessing in absence of your own, I am very proud of you Kiskla. You are the future of the Order, you and those that serve with you. I am the past and as all things will fade into history as is proper, it is your time now and I rest easy in the knowledge that the Galaxy has people like you guarding it."

He stepped back, his formerly dark brown hair now tinted with distinguished shards of grey as pulled his hood off. He was still muscular and lithe that part of his training he had not left behind and he still practiced daily his skills with the lightsaber, his manner of standing and his easy confidence still was pervasive and present. "Well, if I am to meet your husband to be, let it be at some point that is opportune for you both, today is bound to be a busy day."

Offline Kiskla Grayson

« Reply #9 on: 03/16/13 18:21:25 »
Seven and a half years ago
Naboo

"After that we will discover just how much you know about the first three forms of lightsaber combat." It was the last line that he delivered with a certain tone, he was one of the best duelists in the order and his combat skills had been witnessed by Master Starkiller and other members of the order, his practices were already spoken about amongst the padawans who wished to follow the path of the battlemaster and other guardian types. Trained by Master Damon Wraith, Antares was not as an task master when it came to training in the lightsaber forms, he was not one to take such things lightly.

Naboo
Kaadara
16:40

Antares had been her first introduction to anything beyond the first three forms of light saber combat. Beyond that, she had previously no understanding. The training at Naboo's temple had been limited. He had opened her eyes to the intensity of combat, and since then she had become a master of the Soresu form. Combined with her sniper-like aim and abilities, the defensive form was pretty well second nature to her, as calculating angles came rapidly to her. 

"You did well, the koropredo is not something to be taken lightly and mastery of it can take time but you show great promise Kiskla, great promise indeed." 

That had been the extent of Antares' compliments while she had been his Padawan. Never did she feel under appreciated while under his guidance, but he was always mentioning her potential. To have him compliment how far she had come, and solidly recognize her hard work and confirm his pride, that was an achievement in itself. 

If Kiskla wasn't glowing before, she certainly was now. A serenity washed over her and she nodded, appreciating his compliment. Not just appreciating, but understanding. To have those words bestowed on her was in his complete and utter confidence. She had earned his approval and assurance, and also warranted herself his affection. Her pouted lips smiled warmly at his blessing, nodding slowly in recognition of the gravity Antares' comments held. 
"I believe, in regards to superstitions, I'm not to see him until I walk down the aisle." Her stomach clenched at the idea of her next question. S'het Freya had not come to the wedding due to personal circumstance -- she was fairly certain his health was failing him. S'het was too proud to admit such a natural fault, however, and merely denied the invitation out of spite. Human emotions were a peculiar thing -- especially since he hadn't been keen on the engagement from the start (It's not that he minded Destota as a person, he just minded the strong affiliation with The Jedi). Her father had made a vow, in addition to whatever excuse he had in opposition to coming today, not to return to Naboo after Melosa Grayson's death. The grief that would weigh on him would be far too overbearing, and the feeling of responsibility would take a devastating toll. "Which means, since you're my plus one, you can't see him until then. So you might as well..." she paused, this was quite a weighty responsibility she was about to ask, and she was going to play it off in a lighthearted joke? Typical. "Walk me down the aisle." 
She paused, considering she should probably rephrase that. "Would you mind giving me away?" Aaand more silence. "I wouldn't want to have you come out all this way just for a seat in the crowd." It didn't need to be said that Antares was the largest father figure in her life. He had been more supportive and present than her own. If she wanted to be pulled around the galaxy in a bounty hunter's ship, and mingling with galactic scum, then S'het was the man for the job -- but if she wanted advice, and teaching, or any sort of supernatural wisdom, it was Antares. 

« Reply #10 on: 03/17/13 10:10:53 »
Antares was taken aback by her request, he knew about her father and their relationship but he had not expected her to ask him to walk her down the isle. Antares had never really entertained the prospect of children, he knew where his future lay. Perhaps once he would have thought of family and the warmth that they would provide in his life but all hopes of that died that day when his beautiful Princess was taken from him all those long years ago, he could still hear her even after all these years and he still loved her even after all that time.

He returned his focus to the moment and regarded Kiskla for a moment, she was one of his best students and greatest successes but she was as close to him as he had allowed anyone to come. An intensely private person he was not one to open up but Kiskla had a certain way about her that made it almost impossible for her not to some how make her way into the Jedi Knights heart, he had thought his life complete with duty, hunting Sith and occasionally returning home to Naboo where he could actually relax, a rare place for the mono focused former Knight.

He smiled which was a strange look on his face for sure and bowed slightly before he responded "Of course I will Kiskla, it would be my honor."

Offline Elena Ritnel

« Reply #11 on: 03/17/13 11:04:21 »
Kaadara
Valentine Estate
16:42

---

T-Minus 18 Minutes until he was snatched from me forever. I couldn't find the words as I watched him converse quietly with someone that was on the other end of a comm on Chandrila. Issuing orders, giving instructions that would cover everything after his honeymoon. Everything was staring to slip away, and I couldn't be sure of what I was going to do without him as an option in my life. Most Chandrilan females wouldn't be entirely certain.

"Sir?" I asked. "Sir, permission to speak freely?"

He looked up at me, annoyed. I'd interrupted him. "What is it, Admiral?"

"Sir, I will not speak up during your ceremony but I feel it is mission critical to tell you now that..."

His blue eyes flashed dangerously. He was not known for outbursts of violence against anyone, but I got the sense that I was about to get cut down by his lightsaber. "Tell me what, Admiral?" He said, his voice a low growl.

"Sir, I am...I'm in love with you."

One dark eyebrow quirked up and his face softened. "I am aware of this fact." He said, gently. He was going to let me down easy, I figured. "And at one point, I may have harbored feelings for you also, but this is many years past the time when we could have been a couple." He looked off, and I felt a shudder run through me, the Force was moving around me. When I looked at his face, I saw his eyes were glassy and far off. He was flow-walking again, and I sighed.

"No," Destota said finally. "There is no future for us beyond the professionalism I see you exhibiting now, Admiral Ritnel. I am sorry." He turned, and my heart felt like it was being ripped from my chest as he walked.

"As you say, Supreme Commander." I whispered.

Offline Jennica Sorsten

• Shadow Knight
« Reply #12 on: 03/18/13 16:59:39 »
Naboo
Kaadara
16:45

Naboo was a world that the  silent young woman leaning casually against the balustrade, had never  thought she would visit . . . at least not without a certain person at  her side.  But with recent events that cast her from the life she had  made for herself on Coruscant, and the sudden absence of her companion,  the pale-skinned woman had found herself wandering from planet to  planet, aimlessly.  Until close to a month ago, when she had come in  contact with a member of an organization she'd heard little of to that  point, by the name of the Black Dragon Knights.  So she had sought out  another representative of the group, a meeting that had led to her  joining.  And so here she was, her gaze studying the ocean, or what she  could see of it from where the social event was transpiring.  'Another wedding,' she thought, her silver eyes reflecting a lack of emotion that was deceptive; in truth, she was indifferent, at least for the foreseeable future.  Whether that changed or not between now and the end of the ceremony . . . remained to be seen.

And so she remained where she was, resting against her chosen part of the building as her silver gaze continued watching the ocean's waves roll in and back out, secure in the knowledge that one of her trio of currently-silent escorts would inform her when or if somebody were to approach her location . . . even though the dress she had chosen to wear to the event was still distinctly unfamiliar to her, causing her to shift her weight unconsciously every few minutes.  Which would probably catch someone's attention, at the least.  Though the matter that was up for debate was who.
« Last Edit: 03/18/13 17:27:35 by Jennica Sorsten »

Offline Arrbi Betna

« Reply #13 on: 03/21/13 16:32:29 »
He didn't like these sorts of things. Weddings in the Mandalorian culture were short, simple affairs between the two people involved and no one else. Sure, the families were happy and friends and relatives would celebrate, but that was later and was more of a get together than a true wedding celebration. Betna shrugged mentally to himself. Perhaps he would never understand aruetyc weddings and customs.

He sat in a chair that seemed far too ornate and flimsy to be considered a piece of furniture, though it held the wait of himself and his beskargam. True to form, he'd refused to wear anything but his armor, though he did grudgingly touch up the paint. He didn't like covering up the armor's battle scars, but he'd ultimately done so, mostly because Tashya had been very... convincing. That, and her point made sense in a way. Repainting the armor covered up the old scars, but allowed room for new ones. The mercenary shrugged, physically this time, and gazed around as he waited, patting the large crate at his feet as he did so and it rustled slightly in response. Many faces were familiar, though a few were new. He paid little attention to the newcomers, however. He was more concerned with finding Tashya among the crowd. That, and doing his best to ignore the smell coming from the faintly rustling crate.

Offline Tashya Porae

« Reply #14 on: 03/25/13 05:47:50 »
A dress.  It had been ages since she'd worn one, or so it seemed to the young Corellian as she mingled with a few of the people present.  A short, amusing anecdote here, shared laughter at another such story there, it went on like this for a handful of minutes before she caught a glimpse of an extremely familiar-looking man in full armor, seated, his manner indicating a certain amount of uncomfortableness with his surroundings.  Issuing an apologetic smile to the people she was standing with at the moment, Tashya filtered through the moving bodies in his direction, the dress she'd chosen issuing but a whisper of sound as she went.  Finally, she reached his location from behind, leaning down so that his head hid part of her upper body as she did this, and then blew faintly on his ear . . . just as she rested both forearms on one of his shoulders.

Then she spoke, after giving him a few moments to recover and adjust to her sudden teasing arrival.  "Enjoying yourself, cyar'ika?"  A grin lurked in her voice as she spoke, though it was not visible on her lips.

Offline Sara Arkelion

« Reply #15 on: 03/25/13 06:29:13 »
Bemusement was by far a large part of what the deceptively youthful-looking woman was feeling as she watched the other invitees wander here and there, her amethyst-hued gaze moving from face to face as she remained otherwise motionless, leaning softly against a column a short distance from the nearest person - though she did so in a fashion that wouldn't put the dress she had selected to wear into disarray.  The bemusement was not alone, though.  Congratulations to the new couple were in order, and would be given when they appeared, but a sense of approval was predominant for now.  And so Sara continued to remain where she was, her senses alert in the event that someone should approach her, even as her gaze shifted towards the ocean . . . going motionless once more, aside from the slender glass of wine clasped firmly between thumb and forefinger, the contents of which were being swirled gently to let the vintage breath before she savored the scent and flavor once more.

Offline Kiskla Grayson

« Reply #16 on: 03/25/13 12:53:46 »

Seven years ago, she would have squealed with delight. This evening however, she merely grinned with relief, her posture dropping slightly from the release of anxious tension – the apprehension that came with every serious question.

--
Coruscant
Months ago. 
 "Kiskla," He said, willing his voice to remain stable as the beauty outside was revealed, the Fire was rotating on her axis, giving them a 360-degree view of the cloud. "I've stood by you, watched you grow, and been honored to mentor you in the Force. I love you beyond measure, and..." He swallowed hard, producing the palmed, and conspicuously hidden diamond ring that he'd been holding since before their mission to Amuund. "Kiskla Grayson...will you marry me?"

--
“Thank you, Master.” She beamed. It was almost comical how blissfully oblivious she could be, where she was at the point in her life when she was positively glowing with contagiously elated energy, and her fiancée was facing an internal struggle (somewhat self inflicted) but still managing to overcome. Speaking of her fiancée , Kiskla cast a glance toward the doorway and gestured toward Antares, motioning him to follow. Time was passing, and she could both hear and feel the buzz – although not much of it was as excited as she was. Most of the guests were warriors, Knights on payroll who had no particularly fancy toward weddings. It’s not like she could blame them – Destota and herself hadn’t invested much thought into the ordeal either – it was more of a formality at this point. Albeit, a beautiful one. 

A faint hum of music drifted along the shoreline, the calm, lapping waves picking up the delicate notes and touring them around the villa. “They’re gathered now..” Kiskla whispered, more so to assure herself than to inform her previous master. She’d spent enough time primping that she was ready to go when the cue was announced. Actually, more than ready. 

The guests conglomerated outside were a curious looking bunch. Some were in traditional wedding attire, beautiful gowns and suits, polished uniforms and then of course there were some headstrong. Kiskla, again, didn't have a preference so long as the guests weren't having a brawl and the moments to come were indeed a shared awe throughout the company. She was still rather dismayed at her father’s refusal to attend, but peeking from behind the door frame as the hired justice of the peace took his position, and waiting on Antares, she realized it really didn’t matter who was giving her away. It just mattered who received her. She turned, adjusting the hem of her sleeves to face Antares and reaching out for his arm, her smile returned and glowing with genuine adoration for the man at the end of the aisle. "Shall we?"

« Reply #17 on: 03/31/13 20:50:21 »
He was not sure that he wanted to do this, to give away his student into the care of another man but this was her life and her choice. He had taught from the moment that he had started her training to make choices and to live by them, to focus her attention and be aware of the consequences of her choices. He did not know her chosen partner and really he did not need to, she had a good head on her shoulders and had always made wise decisions if sometimes rash ones but that was the benefit of youth, the choice made during these times made life worth living.

He took her by the arm and led her forth, he would discharge this last final duty as her Master before he stepped back and allowed her care and love to be with another man, he would trust in faith and in Kishla as he doubted her would see her again after he left Naboo but that was the future. For now he would simply enjoy the moment and this brief moment of respite in the hectic nature that was his life.

Offline Destota Valentine

« Reply #18 on: 04/05/13 10:35:35 »
His uniform was in flawless condition, but he checked it over again and again to double check. The medals that adorned his left breast were polished to a high sheen, the campaign ribbons a rainbow of color that splashed across the black and gold trimmed uniform. Walking here next to his top Naval Admiral was difficult after her profession of love. But he did not falter, nor did he slow in his step. He arrived at what could only be called the Alter as he sensed a familiar rustle in the Force. Looking up the isle, packed on either side with friends and guests, most notable the Mandalorians that were technically only on the payroll of the Knights, but had opted to come out of kindness, or a desire not to be fired. He wasn't sure.

She appeared with her former Master, radiant, beautiful. Her blue eyes shining at him like a thousand suns. The Force bond he'd worried over so much lately was strong, unbroken, and filled with love and affection. He smiled, a lopsided half-grin that displayed his perfectly straight white teeth. Elena stepped up beside him, snapped to rigid attention, so hard he thought she might break something. The guests stood and music started to play, soft and gentle. Traditional, he supposed. His heart hammered.

As a Jedi Master, he'd faced down countless enemies, Sith Masters, fleets of warships, Armies of hostiles, but this made his heart hammer harder than any of those. His grin, however, did not diminish.

Kiskla Valentine was coming towards him.

Offline Kiskla Grayson

« Reply #19 on: 04/06/13 07:28:13 »
All she could feel were butterflies when Antares took her arm, and she felt about two pounds. Quickly, she cast a glance toward Antares for relief as the music started. From his strong presence in the Force, she felt a brief calm wash her way and she nodded softly to herself, stepping out to the end of the aisle as the guests rose to their feet. She couldn't even hear the music she was so excited, all she could see were the sea of bodies, and as she and her Master rounded the corner, all the could see was the end. Her fair features positively glowed, although on the surface she looked poised and demure. A small smile cracked her lips, and she could feel the gazes following her down the aisle. Of course, there would be some question as to who the robed gentleman on her arm was, but then again most of the Knights had anonymous lives beyond work. For them to be at their General and Admiral's wedding as unorthodox, but excellent for organizational citizenship.
I mean, who doesn't love free food and booze? 
The walk down the aisle seemed to take years, and mostly because she just couldn't wait to get to the end. When she and the Jedi Knight reached the end, Kiskla turned to face him, absolutely radiant at this point. With overwhelming appreciation (as at this point everything was going to become a superlative) she grasped his worn hands and gave them a thankful squeeze, shrugging her shoulders in. Kiskla wasn't a naturally affectionate person, and that could have been from the years spent with Antares, so that was a fairly expressive motion of hers, and she'd introduce both Antares and Destota later with emphatic salutations. For now, though, she had the privilege at hand. Once Master Marclonus took his seat, Kiskla moved to face Destota, her light eyes meeting his for a moment of shared reprieve and her grin widened, giving way to a timid, relieved, girly exhale of "Hi." 
Being this close to her future, she had trouble keeping her breathing regulated. She was sure the rising and falling of her chest was noticeable and she fought to gather her composure beyond her elatedness. As well, the young bride wasn't sure if they were allowed to touch at this point, or hold hands, or what the deal was, but the minister of the peace nodded at her gorgeous presence and began his speech. It was a struggle for her to restrain herself from reaching out to the man across from her, but for the time being she was appeased with just grinning lovingly at him for the deaf moments the minister was speaking. 
She released a shaky breath when the robed servant of the law drew to a conclusive line, and mentioned that it was now time to review their marriage vows. Kiskla drew in a deep breath and reached up to tuck a strand of blonde behind her ear, and cast a glance finally away from Destota to the crowd, just for a moment of reality. After the brief visual intermission, Kiskla turned to face Destota again, this time overruling her previous inhibitions and slid her delicate hand into his own massive one as the minister informed both the couple and the audience that it was now time to recite vows. As legality would have it,  the minister began with the husband-to-be: 
"Destota Valentine, repeat after me." 
From thereon, the young bride looked blatantly appreciative at what was before her, and the words that were being repeated. True, they were words written by the state and repeated by the man she loved, but they still held emotional merit. Her breath hitched (as one would suppose every bride's does, as thanks to cold feet) when the minister gave the final query
 "Do you, Destota Valentine, take Kiskla Grayson as your lawfully wedded wife?" 
"I do."
There was a swell of delight in their bond, and the minister turned his attention to the beautiful bride and recited the same script. And she too, responded accordingly, her voice alternating with his as she repeated the words fed to her. Finally, it was her turn to vocalize her final acceptance. 
"Do you, Kiskla Grayson, take Destota Valentine as your lawfully wedded husband?"
Husband.
"I do." 
"By the authority invested in my by the galactic senate I now present you, before all the witnesses here today, as Mr and Mrs Destota Valentine." 
Her glow exploded and Kiskla swelled with both pride and joy. That was a name she would wear with honour, and the two of them were quite the pair when it came down to it. Not a force to be reckoned with, that was for certain. 
With a shared look between the two of them, the couple grinned before sealing the deal with a passionate, yet appropriate kiss. 

« Last Edit: 04/09/13 15:59:09 by Kiskla Grayson »