Author Topic: Privately owned SDD's and other items that requires a faction purchase - 1 month to clear this up [until August 10, 2012]  (Read 2086 times)

Offline Lauda Cavataio

• High Priestess
  • Administrator
  • Cultum Viventium Dea
Sorry for dragging this out, but this is what WoD has: 

Five Pelaeon-class Destroyers were a gift from Seth Draclau and the Criminal Underworld which was recorded here
The Flagship and four venator-class ships were carry overs from Tal'dine, part of the Cosa Nostra set up from before the board began and since the faction was later brought up, they became part of the faction. 
There are also four Dathomir-class Star Destroyers, manufactured on Koratas, Dathomir's moon (which is a canon shipyard). Xander approved it for Descenson purposes, over two years ago but since only the time during the board is counted, only four have been designed and manufactured at the time. 
Nova-class cruisers belong to Hapes. TSI had a fleet of about 30 to 40 ships at its time, part of the whole cluster. When WoD took over the single planet, only five of the cruisers were taken over. 
Oh, and the leader of the Cosa Nostra has his own Star Destroyer that acts as a flagship of the organisation. 
« Last Edit: 08/09/12 16:11:26 by Lauda Cavataio »

Offline The Sentient Machine

Are the Dathomir-class stats available anywhere?

Also, I should also mention the Decem X needs to be statted as well. =x

Offline Lauda Cavataio

• High Priestess
  • Administrator
  • Cultum Viventium Dea

Offline Darth Immortus

I wasn't clear if this was a thread for factions as well.  Do you want me to justify all of the ships the Empire has here?

Online Shery deWinter

• Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc...
  • Administrator
    • Star Wars: Descension
No need, this is for what private people own. 

Online Shery deWinter

• Administrator
Thread currently closed to new things. The admins will discuss all that was mentioned and updates will be posted where they belong.

Thank you

Online Shery deWinter

• Administrator
Y’Sad
  • No shipyard. The shipyard was specifically asked about regarding a thread that involved the Y’Sad system and the admin (Cameron) was told there was none. In addition, there are no mentioned in any RP’s anywhere on the board which involve the shipyard, nor any mention of it elsewhere aside for one of the relatively recent wiki updated.
  • VSD – a VSD cannot hold 144 X-wings and two squadrons of Razors. A VSD can hold two TIE squadrons (24). If no shuttles, barges, walkers, and such are carried, this number can go up to 50. Please let us know how you wish to make the VSD work by next weekend (August 17th)

Witches of Dathomir
  • Cosa Nostra retains control of the canon shipyard, Decem X, and four Venator-class Star Destroyers.  All other WoD vessel assets remain unavailable for use by any organization or character. Please let us know by next weekend (August 17th) the starfighter compliment of your ships.

Offline Methias Fiore

Do what you want. I don't care as long as we have some form of fleet that's befitting. I'm sure you guys know what your doing.
« Last Edit: 08/12/12 00:22:33 by Methias Fiore »

Offline Adrianna Fiore

Oh no this one is MINE TO ARGUE. This is all the information that PROVES Y'Sad had a shipyard prior to any of the information and is indisputable evidence. 
SERVING JUSTICE
http://swdescension.com/roleplaying/index.php?topic=3254/Serving-Justice-Open#.UCei-Z1lRWd

Post number 4. Leentje mentions it in her opening post on 8/2/11

WIKI

http://descension.wikia.com/wiki/Y%27Sad

It's on the wiki as well.  You can look to verify the last time it was updated and what the edit was. But the shipyard has ALWAYS BEEN THERE. 

AIM CONVERSATION BETWEEN ME AND CAMERON

IM History with buddy MrobinsonFP1[/url]

Tuesday, August 02, 2011

adriannafiore (11:56:19 AM):I've given her the information but I have the compliment of the Royal Navy
adriannafiore (11:56:33 AM):Got it from Methias' former rp'r.
adriannafiore (11:56:45 AM):You might remember merlin deWinter?
Marcus Robinson (11:57:27 AM):Barely but yeah
adriannafiore (11:57:58 AM):yeah Elias and Methias are the creators and I talked to Methias to work on the military compliment
adriannafiore (11:58:07 AM):So I do have that now.
adriannafiore (11:59:07 AM):I'm working on the post now.  -)
Marcus Robinson (11:59:10 AM):Alright.
adriannafiore (12:32:45 PM):sorry still working on a post.
adriannafiore (12:32:47 PM):the*
Marcus Robinson (12:34:03 PM):lol it's all good
Marcus Robinson (12:34:22 PM):Certainly no rush now that I know someone at least intends to respond
adriannafiore (1:09:00 PM):posted.
Marcus Robinson (1:10:16 PM):kk
Marcus Robinson (1:13:20 PM):How...does Y'Sad have Super Star Destroyers?
adriannafiore (1:13:38 PM):They've been around for almost a 1000 years.
adriannafiore (1:14:14 PM):They are a warrior race that takes over planets and other races. 
Marcus Robinson (1:16:25 PM):The Super Star Destroyer isn't exactly something that was mass produced....pretty much eve.
Marcus Robinson (1:16:59 PM):I'd think the acquisition of not one, but two would be pretty important to annotate.  At any rate, it's all good I suppose.
Marcus Robinson (1:17:15 PM):Fairly outdated anyways, so it is easy enough to write off.
adriannafiore (1:17:30 PM):I figured they are outdated. 
adriannafiore (1:17:49 PM):so easier to obtain from older shipyards.  which ours can maintain
adriannafiore (1:18:07 PM):Or I can chaned the Pawn to a Victory to a SD
adriannafiore (1:18:10 PM):if  you want.
adriannafiore (1:18:26 PM):Up to you
Marcus Robinson (1:21:36 PM):I mean they're just...kinda hard to come by period.  The Imperium doesn't even have any.
Marcus Robinson (1:22:01 PM):But it's alright. 

Notate the green highlighted areas. Cameron KNEW that we obtained older ships and maintained them at OUR shipyard. both IC and OOC. 

I will maintain that we can not hold the compliment of that many ships. The VSD we will take 24 TIES due to the fact that we will need shuttle bays.  

Offline Methias Fiore

24 ties it is. Matt was the one who sorted things out last time so I'll trust those who know more as I did before.

Online Shery deWinter

• Administrator
I'm glad you've decided this one is going to be something to "argue" about.

The pasted log shows nothing about a shipyard. Neither does the wiki, since anyone can write whatever they want on a wiki without providing proof of things having happened, and things which would normally require a faction purchase were added to it without the involvement of even an admin. The mention of a shipyard existing in a post is from about a year ago; after we already had the rules set in place about faction purchases.

Shipyards have always been something that was on the faction purchase list, ever since those rules were created. Y'Sad has never been a faction on Descension on its own, and hasn't been part of a faction in a long time, and that is before counting that with faction disolvement these days faction purchases are lost anyway.

I understand that you don't like the idea of not having a shipyard, but I just don't see any proof here for anything other than a single mention of existence which was places after the rules regarding faction purchases, and I'm sorry not I nor anyone else on staff have noticed this before, or this would have been handled earlier.

Offline Methias Fiore

Sigh... 24 ties and Y'sad discussion closed. It's really not worth it.
Everything sorted?

Offline Adrianna Fiore

The Super Star Destroyer isn't exactly something that was mass produced....pretty much eve.Marcus Robinson (1:16:59 PM):I'd think the acquisition of not one, but two would be pretty important to annotate.  At any rate, it's all good I suppose.Marcus Robinson (1:17:15 PM):Fairly outdated anyways, so it is easy enough to write off.adriannafiore (1:17:30 PM):I figured they are outdated. adriannafiore (1:17:49 PM):so easier to obtain from older shipyards.  which ours can maintain (i.e. our shipyard.  I think that's pretty obvious)adriannafiore (1:18:07 PM):Or I can chaned the Pawn to a Victory to a SDadriannafiore (1:18:10 PM):if  you want.adriannafiore (1:18:26 PM):Up to youMarcus Robinson (1:21:36 PM):I mean they're just...kinda hard to come by period.  The Imperium doesn't even have any.Marcus Robinson (1:22:01 PM):But it's alright.  

Serving Justice post 4 does and it was never disputed by Cam at the time, or even in this thread. He said we never told him or rp'd it out. That is an out and out lie.  (post 7 of this thread).  He knew ahead of time and as the thread began. He never argued or complained about it.  This is not one I'm choosing to argue about. It is fact due to the fact that I have the proof from our AIM conversation and the thread itself.  Though everyone else seems to forget about that.  

Online Shery deWinter

• Administrator
...What does that log have to do with the shipyard? 

Offline Adrianna Fiore

You know what, never mind. I don't care anymore.  Because Cam gets his way every time.  I give up.

Offline The Sentient Machine

Offline Cameron Centurion

• Nex in Umbra
Whoa...everyone needs to clam down.  The oversight on the shipyard is completely and utterly my fault, and that will certainly be taken into account.  In fact - Lauda and Shery will make the decision on it, as I'm voting in favor of Y'Sad keeping the shipyard.  It's my responsibility to be thorough, and I failed to do that in this instance.

However the rules on shipyards (other than those which are canon) not being permitted without a faction purchase have indeed existed for a long period of time.  Outside of that, when this thread was initiated...I didn't really have anything to do with Descension Staff.  So, Desi, if you spoke to someone on staff about it, go ahead and let it be known.  By the way, just as is the case with every shipyard in the game...they're currently being allowed by non-factions insofar as to produce or modify vessels for actual factions only.

For instance:

Y'Sad can use its shipyard to repair or produce vessels for TA.  It cannot produce vessels for itself or repair said vessels unless those assets become the property of some faction.  

Either way - we'll get back to you on that ASAP.  Again, I deeply apologize for the oversight.

I am fate.

Offline Lauda Cavataio

• High Priestess
  • Administrator
  • Cultum Viventium Dea
Adrianna, relax. 
Cameron, you're forgiven. This time. We'll prepare a proper punishment for you next time >_>
Okay, on a serious note. Next time, when you have logs and things documented, please bring them forward to avoid such situations. Nobody is perfect, we don't always remember everything and sometimes we need to be reminded. 
Having said that, the administrators have voted and Y'Sad can keep his shipyard but as Cameron pointed out, it's not up to the planet to use, but instead can be hired by an existing faction (i.e. TA or TJO) for repairs and producing. 

Offline Cameron Centurion

• Nex in Umbra
                              Alright, topic closed.  Thanks for everyone's assistance.  Final approvals are below.

Y’Sad

• 1 x Shipyard
  • 1 x VSD (canon starfighter compliment)
  • 3 x Assault Frigate Mk. Is (canon starfighter compliment)
  • 8 x Razor Starfighter Squadrons (96 total Razors)

Cosa Nostra
  • 1 x Shipyard
  • 1 x Decem X
  • 4 x Venator-clss Star Destroyers (canon starfighter compliment)

I am fate.