Author Topic: Does anyone play Magic: The Gathering?  (Read 1792 times)

Offline Valiens Nantaris

Does anyone play Magic: The Gathering?
« Reply #20 on: 07/26/12 14:49:00 »
I used to play in the 90s, but I gave up following it around 5th edition.

Recently though I got Duel of the Planeswalkers 2013 on a Steam sale, which is kind of fun, but that has limited cards.

I wouldn't mind playing again, but I would kind of suck with any cards past 2002.

Offline Darth Immortus

« Reply #21 on: 07/26/12 15:02:44 »
Alas Nessarose, looks cool, but unfortunately I don't have time for a new RPG right now

Valiens - yeah, the game has changed a lot since then, but it wouldn't be too hard to pick it back up.  Most of the changes are the generally increased power level of new cards.  The new mechanics are pretty self-explanatory.

I usually play casual decks on Cockatrice anyway.  I invite you to join, considering no one else has yet... -disappointed look-

Offline Valiens Nantaris

« Reply #22 on: 07/26/12 15:32:04 »
I'll have a look this weekend. If nothing else it'll be cool to see all the different cards and try out some of my old ones. Royal Assassin!

The Duel of the Planeswalkers game starts you out with like no good cards and you have to unlock them by playing. Bugger that!

Offline Darth Immortus

« Reply #23 on: 07/26/12 15:59:29 »
Lol, Royal Assassin.  The best thing about casual play is that anything can be viable, so you don't have to worry about not knowing or having the "super elite cards" that everyone else has.

I too have Duels of the Planeswalkers on PS3.  It's mildly entertaining, but yes, the card selection leaves much to be desired.  I remember I just used Jace's deck the entire time, swapped out the useless cards for the good ones I unlocked, and crushed all the other planeswalkers.

Offline Ket Van Derveld

« Reply #24 on: 08/15/12 06:44:48 »
Yo, Immo, I play.

I got a few decks here, can I somehow make them with that program?

Offline Darth Immortus

« Reply #25 on: 08/16/12 03:40:36 »
Yup, just download Cockatrice and make sure you download all the sets you need with the Oracle program that pops up.  It has mostly everything highlighted already, but I also download Planechase and Planechase 2012 because there are a few new cards in those sets.

Let me know if you join Cockatrice and I'll play.

Offline Ivata Noku

« Reply #26 on: 09/24/12 15:54:21 »
Quote from: Neftiria Cohl
I definitely used to, though I'm out of practice and I'm sure my decks are crap.
This ^