Author Topic: TECHNICAL ISSUES (we've switched servers, insanity ensues!)  (Read 2984 times)

Offline Xander Starkiller

TECHNICAL ISSUES (we've switched servers, insanity ensues!)
« Reply #20 on: 06/28/11 18:46:26 »
Looks like they finished up

Offline Madusa

« Reply #21 on: 06/29/11 03:44:06 »
I am haveing truble loging into 3 of my accounts it wont let me.

Offline TheFallenAngel

« Reply #22 on: 06/29/11 13:11:21 »
I cant get into chat, it gives a username login error, and I've cleared my cache and cookies numberous times.

Offline TheFallenAngel

« Reply #23 on: 06/29/11 13:12:21 »
I cant get into chat, it gives a username login error, and I've cleared my cache and cookies numberous times.

Offline Shery deWinter

• Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc...
  • Administrator
    • Star Wars: Descension
« Reply #24 on: 06/29/11 15:18:35 »
I see the double posts appearing in several threads by now... Annoying as it is, please be patient guys. They'll be removed after things settle down and become (yuku-relative) stable again, to avoid the chances of trying to delete the double posts and ending up deleting entire threads

Offline Artuil Skaara

« Reply #25 on: 06/29/11 22:23:11 »
I just edited my double posts in order to make it less confusing and much more obvious what it was what needed to be deleted. All this shit Yuku is doing at the moment just reaffirms my belief that places like yuku and other free online boards are just well shit

Offline Shery deWinter

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: 06/29/11 23:41:01 »
Yes well. When Descension gets a millionaire member, I think the funds should be invested into getting us all to the same place to meet each other rather than in buying our own host

Offline Rebecca Hall

« Reply #27 on: 06/30/11 03:14:32 »
I agree with Shery here!

Offline Shery deWinter

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: 06/30/11 06:39:58 »

Offline Shery deWinter

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: 06/30/11 06:41:00 »
Again I repeat - things that include going into the admin panel (moving/deleting threads, CT's, layout stuff, etc) are currently not being touched for ph33r of Darth Yookoo.

Offline Shery deWinter

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: 06/30/11 14:43:42 »

Offline Shery deWinter

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: 06/30/11 14:44:37 »
Current checklist:

Known issues for which no ticket is needed:- extreme slowness Fixed- unable to receive email notifications- unable to access chat Fixed- Room name error when accessing chat (you can fix this one by deleting your chat room and creating a new one)- appearance of a 'post to blog' feature above quick reply that does not work- IPs are wrong in posts made since the switch- IPs are wrong in the security logs- Date of 13 Dec 1969 is shown on all log entries- Unable to see avatars Fixed- Unable to see some images, especially in skins from the library- Uploading images shows them broken after upload- Contributions are not being applied automatically Fixed- You are taken to an unexpected location after posting. Fixed

Offline Shery deWinter

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: 07/02/11 08:48:53 »
Quoting yuku's latest update:

Hello everyone,

As promised, a full update this evening. First and foremost, we would like to thank all of you for the patience you have shown and continue to show during and after the switch to our new server set-up. We know that this has been a rough week for everyone across the network. On behalf of all of us, I'd like to say thank you!

Fixed issues:
-  IPs displaying wrong in the posts. This has been fixed. Any posts made since yesterday afternoon will once again show the correct IPs.
- Unable to see avatars: Fixed
- Extreme slowness across the network: Fixed
- Unable to access chat: Fixed
-  Contributions are not applied after contributing: Fixed (Please note that we still need apply some contributions that were made during the switch)
- Search is not working on some boards: Fixed (should you still see a non working search, please submit a ticket)
- Chat not working : Fixed
- Old ezboard images cannot be seen in the skin: Fixed
- Servers have been upgraded and extra backups have been made of all communities.

Known issues:
- All log entries show a date of 31 Dec 1969
- Images uploaded to albums are not showing yet
- Still some images down across the network
- No email notification on subscriptions
- Some members report being unable to sign in when accessing via domains (domain hosting)
- OpenId login is not working yet. If you are used to logging in via OpenId, please submit a ticket, we can help you.

Chat:
If your chat room shows a room name error, deleting it and creating a new one will take care of the problem.
Please be very careful when deleting your chat room. If you do not see "Do you want to delete this chat room" then you are deleting something you didn't plan on deleting.

Getting help.
Please see this topic. Thanks!
Our staff will be available all weekend to work through as many tickets as possible.

Offline Shery deWinter

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: 07/03/11 06:52:14 »
Posted by yuku an hour ago:

Hello everyone,

We hope you're all enjoying a lovely weekend, extended weekend for who lives in the US.
We are currently working on some account issues that need absolute priority. In the meantime, here is an update on the latest..
Logout issues.We had two issues regarding login / logout1) Some people were getting logged out when going to their boards, and could not post. This has been fixed.2) Remaining issue: Some people have reported that they are unable to sign out.We  have finished testing on that and it appears that some (nopt all) unconverted profiles cannot sign out from an "old" navigation bar. An old navigation bar is the navigation bar you see on communities and unconverted profiles.In order to log out, you can either go to a converted profile or to the yuku home page http://yuku.com this will let you sign out.Please do not submit tickets for this, we are aware of the issue.- The logout confirmation modal has been brought back.
Avatars: As  announced previously, avatars are back up. However, some people have their avatars on a different URL. If you still do not see your avatar, please know that we are aware of it. There is no need to submit a ticket.
OpenId login: OpenId login is still not working at this time. If you usually sign in via your  facebook, yahoo, etc.. account and you can not sign in now, please submit a ticket
Images: Images  are still being worked on. Please do NOT submit a ticket for this, we are aware of the issue. The same goes for freshly uploaded images not showing. No need to submit a ticket.
Search: Search appears to be stuck at a few communities. Should you find your search down, please submit a ticket and we'll give you a jump start.
Gold and supporter purchasesAll  payments will be applied in the next few hours, we will announce here when done. Automation has been temporarily turned off again, so if you make a contribution right now or you have made one recently, you may not  see it right away. We will update on this daily.  Unless you see ads, there is no need to submit a ticket on this, though we understand that when it comes to payments, you like to be reassured, so if you do wish to contact us, feel free.
Subscriptions and email notificationsThis  is being worked on. If you cannot subscribe to a board, forum or topic,  or if you do not receive email notification of your subscriptions, please do not submit a ticket, the issue is known and being worked on.
Log entriesAll log entries show a date of 31 Dec 1969.This is a known issue and will be looked into as soon as possible.
General performance.All  boards should be up to speed and faster than ever.  Except for a handful of abandoned boards, all boards should be up and running at this  time. The few boards that need to be brought on line should be back soon.
Post to blogThere is a post to blog feature that appeared on the boards but is not functional.We are aware of this issue, the feature will be removed as soon as the more pressing issues have been taken care of.
ChatChat is up and running, but some people report intermittent access problems. This is breing looked into.If  you cannot access chat, try this: in the window where you see an unknown error or are prompted to sign in even though you are already signedin, refresh your entire browser window. You may need to do this a couple of times.
Help desk statusThe backlog is still growing and increases ticket response times. We are trying to work through the backlog as fast as we can.Unfortunately, due to the huge backlog, some urgent tickets may also need to wait longer than we'd like them to.First and foremost, please do not submit more than one ticket to report the same issue. It is confusing to you and to us.Please do not submit any tickets on known issues  (unless OpenId login or payments when you see ads), this will help us to catch up on the growing backlog and it will help everyone else, as nobody will have to wait too long for a reply.Please do submit a ticket on any issues you might find that have not been mentioned here, as they might be unknown to us. 
Thank you.

Offline Han Skywalker

« Reply #34 on: 07/05/11 13:44:00 »
Chat seems to be busted again

Offline Anara Valnor

« Reply #35 on: 07/05/11 14:42:04 »
I can't get in chat and guess I shouldn't have tried to change my avatar cause now I have none at all, lol. woopsies.

Offline Shery deWinter

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: 07/05/11 14:57:46 »
More people are complaining about the chat.

Sigh.

Nothing relevant in the yuku updates about this

Offline Anara Valnor

« Reply #37 on: 07/05/11 15:03:16 »
-stabbity the yuku updates? with permission from the all knowing and all powerful Shery?-

Offline Shery deWinter

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: 07/05/11 15:43:59 »
Permission granted

Offline Shery deWinter

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: 07/05/11 15:44:48 »
And to think that just yesterday I was considering doing away with the thread cuz I thought they solved enough things