Author Topic: I can do it myself.. (Training/Complete)  (Read 312 times)

Offline Alistair Starkiller

I can do it myself.. (Training/Complete)
« on: 06/18/11 07:33:29 »
A pyramid of metal and crystal sit on his desk, giving out a haunting red glow from within. It was a normal day like any, until Alistair Starkiller stumbled upon something he had not expected to find. A woman, cloaked in black. Her face was mostly shadowed, but he could tell the difference between the male and female form even before she spoke to him. She offered little in words, only that she was watching... always watching and she had a gift for him that would prove quite invaluable to him.

In her hand was this, a holocron he identified of unknown make. The woman failed to identify herself, only implying that she was a close friend. One look at the holocron was all she needed to slip away, for when the Director looked back up she was gone. Alistair hid the pyramid in his coat until he could get to his office and then once there he ran a few scans to look for bugs that may have been planted as was his custom. It may seem like paranoid but considering he'd found the listening devices before, his paranoia had merit.

He sat the device down in front of himself and pondered what to do with it. He was intrigued more then anything, caution gave way to curiosity as he passed his hand over the top of it. His energy mingling from the currents that came from the device as he willed it to activate and from the top of the device came something he did not expect, a small hologram of his own father though he looked younger then he did now. It startled him at first but then he realized just what this really was right when the hologram spoke.

"This is the Holocron of the Sith Lord Xander Starkiller." Alistair smiled as he began to laugh, a subtle chuckle that turned into a great roar of laughter. He had his father's Holocron. A strange clandestine meeting in the morning had turned into a gold mine of information and power.

"Teach me what you know." Is all he managed to say.
« Last Edit: 04/22/12 04:43:00 by Lauda Cavataio »

« Reply #1 on: 06/18/11 07:52:55 »
The Holocron gatekeeper began by telling the Director the story of his father's birth and the life he lead. Everything was there, his time on Korriban, his escape, the vengeance he extracted on his parents all in great detail. Meeting Petra Cavataio and the experiments done on his sister Lauda while she was in the womb. Alistair had heard his sister was special but nothing like this. His meeting Adrianna Fiore and further down the line was meeting a young woman named Kadesh Tiamat and how his father had trained her, it was implied also that his father loved this woman very much. But there was nothing on what happened to her.

A six year long seclusion that ended in his Father's rise to Lordship, and beyond. He finally began getting into the places where his father met his mother, a teenager of 18.  His father's inner most thoughts recorded as he recorded that he found her beautiful, one of the most gorgeous women he'd ever met. Their relationship was a rocky one until they finally began dating exclusively. All the while information was recorded about the genetic tests of Shana Draclau, a clone of Seth the elder Draclau was using as a sister.

The amount of knowledge he was learning was just staggering. But then right at the point the history of his father lead up to his wedding, the record stopped. Instead a new gatekeeper appeared, a beautiful woman he didn't recognize. The hologram then identified herself as Kadesh Tiamat, and documented how she was her master's favored student and how this holocron had been gifted to her. Then it began to make sense of just who gave it too him outside the building. When Alistair prodded the gatekeeper for her knowledge he was denied. Not having a password it seemed.

"Fine, go back to my father," he said as the vision of the woman disappeared and his father returned. "What is your wish?" it asked, acting just like the sophisticated search engine it was. "I'd like to learn the ways of the Force, the secrets you've mastered over your life time," Alistair specified. The engine paused for a moment. "I have locks on some of the knowledge you seek. It is determined you are not ready for such, but allow me to bring up the catalog of what you can learn," the Holocron stated.

"Very well."

« Reply #2 on: 06/18/11 09:29:00 »
"The first I can offer to teach you is the ability to drain knowledge. In the absence of a live victim for practice I have prepared a locked file that you will be able to access  from within the Holocron. Do you wish me to instruct you?" Alistair thought for a moment, the ability to Drain Knowledge from a target.. it was fitting in a way, why depend on interrogation when you could go right for the source. Alistair nodded his head to the Holocron's gatekeeper. "Yes, I wish to learn this power, teach me," Alistair told him.

"Very well, it is a simple process but it works on your ability to persuade others. Where as base persuasion you are merely implanting a suggestion, this allows you to penetrate their mind and talk the information by force. This is also a learning step to being able to Control Minds, but that is another lesson for another time. First you must give yourself to the Dark Side, reach out through the Force and press your consciousness into the device. Search around until you find exactly what you need. If the target's willpower is strong enough they can attempt to resist, remember this well," the gatekeeper told him.

Alistair nodded and closed his eyes, reaching a hand out he placed it on the Holocron. He was told to give into the Dark Side, a task easily done as he pulled up the negative emotions that began to feed his power. Press his consciousness into the device, it didn't seem like something that would be easy. In order to make room he'd have to shift things around and endure the strain of the process. He took a deep breath and pressed his awareness into the capstone, he could feel the power within tried to consume him, but the pain and fear only stood to make him stronger.

He would need to dig through the archives, there was little resistance from the device but he assumed it would be harder if the device resisted. It would take him time, but time was what he had. What seemed like seconds to him had actually been minutes, and minutes had become hours. His physical for was sweating heavily as he was keeping himself from losing consciousness and continue his search within the device. When he'd finally found what he was looking for he reached out with the Force, but the sensation he experience was not what he expected.

Knowledge... beamed right into his head. By the time it finished and he withdrew from the holocron, his eyes snapped open as he began to breath heavily. Images, sights, sounds all of it ran rampant through his head as he sat in silence and tried to process what he had taken.

« Reply #3 on: 06/18/11 11:35:38 »
His mind was racing and it refused to slow down a single second, the mother of all headaches passed through his head as he lay back in his chair in an exhausted stupor. "Relax," he heard come from the Holocron. "You will need time for the information to settle in your mind, what you uncovered is another power, known as Memory Rub, the ability to alter or erase memories." Alistair's mind was swimming, the gatekeeper could have told him what it was, instead he walked right into having knowledge of another ability being absorbed into his mind.

"Why didn't ... you tell me?" Alistair asked still very much dazed. "The two are connected, used together they can be used to pull information from a mind, then erase evidence you did anything or maybe alter memories, give your enemy false information while you hold the truth," the gatekeeper informed him. "A potent combo!" Alistair said clearly excited at the prospect. But now he had to calm down and actually piece together the information to attempt it. "Yes it is. When your mind settles we will go over it, but suffice to say you will need a test subject."

Alistair nodded his head, a test subject. Someone that wouldn't miss much, it took him a few moments, his mind still swimming from the effects of entering the Holocron. But it came to him, he'd call up one of the interns and have them witness the Holocron before erasing it from his mind. That should be an adequate test to see if he could grasp it will enough.

« Reply #4 on: 06/19/11 07:26:52 »
It took longer then he wanted to admit, his head wouldn't calm itself so that he could think straight. There was still just too much noise and it had begun to give him a headache as he sat quietly. The Director took a sip of water from his nearby bottle but it didn't do much to help him. He closed his eyes then, maybe he could help it by attempting to calm himself to the point of a trance. It had never really failed him before so why not give it a try and hope for the best.

His breathing calmed itself, no problem he had been doing this since he was 5, back when his father taught him along with his little sister, Asteria. Slowly but surely Alistair was taking back his mind, settling the bits of information in his mind so that he would think clearly. It was a tedious process but in the trance he didn't have to worry about how tired he was. This was a realm where he was sleeping yet he was aware of everything around him though that was of little comfort as he was more focused inward.

By the time he had finished, something happened he didn't expect to happen. His door came open and a young man walked in holding a stack of papers. Alistair's eyes slid open, the hologram of his father still in prominent view over the holocron. The young man seemed startled at first and looked to Alistair for guidance in what was going on. Alistair lifted his hand and drew the man forward. "Just as your memories dictate," the gatekeeper told him. From in his head a voice boomed as if he was in a classroom.

"Reach out with the Force.." Alistair did so his field of power covering the young man as he moved closer. "... place your hand on his head..." Alistair's hand reached up and a single finger touched the young mans forehead. "....reach through into his memories and find what you are looking for..." The Director did as he was told reaching his awareness into the mind, using the Force it was much easier now. He located the memory of the man walking into his office in the short term memory centers of the brain. "...wipe it away." One last application of the Force and Alistair deleted the memory of the young man walking in.

Alistair reached his hand out and grabbed the holocron, taking it out of view before he let the boy go. "That will be all. Dismissed." With those words the boy nodded his head in confusion and left his office. It worked he told himself as the door closed and he placed the holocron back down on the desk.

« Reply #5 on: 06/20/11 16:32:39 »
"I did it.... " he said quietly to himself. It was amazing, practically anything he wanted to know he could want he could pluck it out of someones mind, and hide the fact he had done anything at all. The applications of these abilities was unbelievable. His eyes turned back to the gatekeeper of the Holocron, he looked stoic yet a little pleased. It was a grand day that this device was handed to him, Alistair didn't imagine he would hand it over any time soon to his father. There was so much he wanted to learn, and now he had it all in the palm of his hand.

"What more can you teach me?" he asked the gatekeeper. The visage of his father glanced at him and shook his head. "I can teach you many things, but for now you are not ready. You have just begun to scratch the surface of the secrets I protect. But patience is necessary to understand, use what you have learned practice, and master your powers. When you have, I will have more to teach you." It was annoying to be cut off, but he supposed he could see the wisdom in it all.

"Fine but we aren't through just yet. Tell me more about your philosophies," he commanded. As commanded the gatekeeper began to speak, and Alistair became the student again.

« Reply #6 on: 06/21/11 16:35:59 »
His father had an interesting view of the Force that he was discovering beyond what he had ever told him. He believed that the neither the Jedi or the Sith was the way to go. His goal was to be the most powerful Force User to ever live, the Sith Order was a means to an end. It was fascinating to learn these things without any block, it was ask and receive an answer. He was learning more about his father in 10 minutes then he had in all his years of life and if he had to guess, he'd say his father had not planned it that way.

"These are the philosophies I have installed in my Holocron. I hope they were informative," the gatekeeper explained. "Yes of course, one last thing before our session is over, what can you tell me of Sith secrets?" Alistair asked hoping to hear what he could learn when next he probed the Holocron's vast wealth of knowledge. The Holocron paused for a moment.

"For your level of understanding I have Sith Spells and Basic Alchemical processes you can learn." To this Alistair raised an eyebrow. "Alchemical processes? Sith Alchemy?" he asked. The hologram nodded to him. "Correct." Alistair smiled for a bit and passed his hand over the device, the little hologram fading away from view.

"Excellent," he said standing up and grabbing the Holocron and moving over to his safe.