Author Topic: The New Apprentice (Complete)  (Read 1656 times)

Offline Cloud Strife

The New Apprentice (Complete)
« on: 05/11/11 09:38:48 »
Cloud looked around and saw no one within the courtyard of the dark temple. He smiled as he noticed a few rat like creatures running around and then hiding inside the shadows. He twirled his great grandfathers lightsaber in his hand and then held it down and pressed it to active its red blade. He smiled as he looked at it glow and cut through the air as he spun it around him as if fighting an invisible foe.
"When, is my master arriving?" he asked himself as he turned off his saber and place in on his belt. 
« Last Edit: 04/22/12 04:30:38 by Lauda Cavataio »

Offline Xaedrin Vondiranach

« Reply #1 on: 05/12/11 03:26:02 »
A hooded figure moved swiftly through the shadowed corridors of the dark temple, his gait telling the somber tale of his impatience.  He had been summoned to return from the temple from his travels to take on an apprentice, a young man who desired to learn the Sith arts.  If there was one thing that Xaedrin had learned over the past three years of his training, it was that few were truly worthy to learn the way of the Sith.  Why should this one be any different? he asked himself.  The halls of the Sith temple on Byss were nearly deserted.  They typically were, these days.  More and more Sith were choosing to return to Coruscant, attempting to gain power and influence within the newly reborn Sith Empire.  Xaedrin had chosen an alternate route.  The driving motivation for Xaedrin was power - pure, unadulterated power.  And before that power could began to take influence over others, it had to grow inside of him.  His journeys had been for that purpose - to grow in his powers.  And now here he was - holding the hand of an idle-schoolboy, desperate to make a name for himself in the galaxy, and in the annuls of the Sith legacy.

As Xaedrin emerged from the temple into the courtyard, he heard the familiar thrum of a lightsaber.  Seeing the flickering red blade weave its way through the air, he watched, pensively, as the figure snapped it off and returned it to his belt.  Their was impatience there.  Impatience could be a double-edged blade.  On the one side, it offered itself to ambition and passion, giving one an edge in the Force.  On the other side, it led to rash decisions and poor choices.
"You would be my new apprentice, then?" Xaedrin asked as he walked forward, holding consistent eye-contact with the boy.  "Do not tell me your name, apprentice, for I have no wish to learn it.  Only when you have proven yourself to me will that honor be granted you."
Xaedrin circled the boy slowly, studying his physical features.  The boy was not in poor physical condition by any standards - though his body clearly did not hold the discipline inherent to a Sith ... yet.
"Tell me, Apprentice," Xaedrin began, uttering the title with disdain.  "Why do you wish to join the ranks of the Sith?"  
Motivations were key in decisions of this magnitude.  Many times, they would tell whether an apprentice would ultimately fail or succeed.  As such, motivation was a good place to start.

Offline Cloud Strife

« Reply #2 on: 05/12/11 03:45:44 »
Cloud sensed the man as he entered the court yard. His ears opened as the man spoke. After he had finished he opened his mouth and said, "A wish would be something I want...The real question right now is what do I want...That is something I do not know, and the reason I am here. " He looked at the man but not in the eyes.
The air was silent as he waiting for the man to speak. He didn't care if he had said the wrong or right thing, as he knew was that he was there, in that temple. With a man that was to become his new master.
« Last Edit: 05/12/11 08:59:10 by Cloud Strife »

« Reply #3 on: 05/14/11 07:13:32 »
Xaedrin frowned at the boy.  Impatience without aspiration?  he thought to himself.  Such an odd combination.  Yet, here he was.  Xaedrin could feel his Force presence burning brightly - he clearly had some natural aptitude for manipulating the Force.

"If you are uncertain what it is you desire," Xaedrin said slowly, "Then why not save us both the time wasted, and go to a fortune teller?  I have no use for the weak-minded, nor those whose minds are so easily swayed by fancy and mood."
Xaedrin stopped, crossing his arms in front of him.  "Unless the apprentice would care to explain in more detail why he desires to be trained in the Sith arts?"

Offline Cloud Strife

« Reply #4 on: 05/15/11 04:19:04 »
"I am here to master my powers, not to play foolish little sith games." he said to him with no emotion in his voice.
"If that is not good enough for you, then by all means tell me what lie I must say so that it is." he was joking about that but didn't say it in a way for Xaedrin to know.

« Reply #5 on: 05/16/11 05:14:51 »
Xaedrin's lips turned into an upward grin - however, not a reassuring one.  Had he spoken to his master this way, he would not be standing here.  This boy had much to learn - and the chief lesson, would be respect.

"Foolish Sith games?" Xaedrin asked with an edge to his voice.  "The Sith do not play games, little child."  Using the Force, Xaedrin pulled the lightsaber from the boy's belt, holding it in his hand.  
"And these, are not simply to be handed out to children," he said examining the hilt of the weapon.  Stretching out his hand, Xaedrin used the Force to hold the boy in place, lifting him off the ground ever so slightly.  "If you wish for me to train you, apprentice, then you will have to learn your first lesson - respect."
Still holding the boy in place, Xaedrin circled him slowly.  "Sarcasm and attitude are not an accepted response, when speaking to your superiors.  Do you understand?"
His attitude showed hope for the boy yet.  But if he desired to succeed in training in the darkside of the Force, he would have to learn to swallow his attitude.  Sith masters were, after all, not known for their forgiveness.

Offline Cloud Strife

« Reply #6 on: 05/16/11 06:08:03 »
Cloud rose from the ground but didn't show any emotion when doing so. "To show fear to a master is to show you are weak." played inside his head. The words of his grandfather an old master of the sith and one of the lightsabers he hung on his belts original owner.  "Understood." he said and bowed his head slightly. "I will follow your word"

« Reply #7 on: 05/16/11 06:14:21 »
Better, Xaedrin thought inwardly.  At least this boy wasn't entirely stupid.  Now it was time to see what aptitude he had with the Force.  This question would probably be the determining factor as to whether the boy lived or died, having already expended what little patience Xaedrin had.

Xaedrin extended his hand, holding the boy's lightsaber in his closed fist, palm downward.  "If you have any aptitude for the Force, then I will train you," he said.  Slowly, he turned his fist palm upward, and then opened his hand allowing the blade to rest there in his open hand.  "Show me your skill, apprentice," he said firmly.  "Retrieve your weapon, but use only the Force.  A basic enough test, I believe."

Offline Cloud Strife

« Reply #8 on: 05/16/11 06:41:48 »
Cloud stretched out his hand and lifted it up out of his masters hands and pulled it back to him and grabbed it out of the air. He then clipped it back on his belt opposite of his other lightsaber that he had taken from killing a padawan that tried to fight him 2 years before. "Was that satisfactory Master?" he didn't mean to be mouthy or arrogant by this words and spoke them in a tone not to apply that. 

« Reply #9 on: 05/16/11 08:15:57 »
Xaedrin nodded at his young apprentice.  At least the boy wasn't totally useless.  He had some skill with the Force.

"It is satisfactory," he said, showing not even an hint of approval.  "Come, we have a departure awaiting us.  You will accompany me on a mission for the Imperium.  We have work to do, Apprentice."
Xaedrin turned, sweeping his cloak behind him as he went, his apprentice following at his heels.  The two of them walked through the temple toward the landing bay, where Xaedrin's transport was located.
"There is a network of insurgents operating on the recently conquered planet of Zeltros," Xaedrin said as they walked.  "The Zeltrons are a very strange species, and have made it difficult on our troops there.  Similar to the Falleen species, they have control of their pheromones which they can release in order to attract those around them.  Unlike the Falleen, however, they can also project emotions into the minds of others - giving them control of those who are weak-willed."  Xaedrin turned with a not-so encouraging smile.  "Aught to be an interesting first assignment for you."
The two of them continued into the landing bay, where Xaedrin moved to a Lambda-class shuttle - their ride to Zeltros.  Xaedrin made his way up the ramp, his apprentice following.
"Our mission is simple," he said moving toward the cockpit.  "Find the resistance leaders, and neutralize them.  Once the head is cut off, the rest of the body should die fairly easily.  It's a job for Force users, however, due to the unique abilities of the species.  Try to keep your wits about you."
Xaedrin sat in the pilot's chair, motioning for his apprentice to take his seat in the co-pilot's seat.  Taking the controls, Xaedrin smoothly lifted them off the planet's surface and brought the ship out of the atmosphere.  He then took some time laying in the course for Zeltros before allowing the autopilot to take control.  Moments later, the stars outside stretched into lines as space folded around them.
Standing, Xaedrin moved to go aft.  "Come," he said without turning.  Entering the ship's woefully inadequate passenger's chamber, Xaedrin sat cross-legged on the floor.
"Sit," he said.  "Clear your mind.  Tell me what you feel - tell me what you sense."
Now was as good a time to start as any, he imagined.

Offline Cloud Strife

« Reply #10 on: 05/16/11 08:42:52 »
He sat and closed his eyes trying to sense his own emotions. 
He look deep inside of himself looking back on his life. "I see my mother." he said to his master.
He breathed in deeper and look inward. "I'm watching her get taken away by the slavers, my father is working at the ship yard and isn't home." His emotions started to flare and the images in his head skipped a few years. "Now I see the men that took my mother, they are laying on the floor and one is being choked to death. I'm the one killing him." His lightsaber was in his hand and he was force choking the slaver pinning him against a wall. His mother lay lifeless on the ground with a blaster wound to her chest. He was angered by the image of seeing his mother dead again, but glad for the deaths of the men that he had killed.
"I feel happy, that they are dead, I enjoyed taking their lives." he said to his master. He then had the image of the dead padawan he had killed. His body curled up in the grass barely holding onto his lightsaber. "I bent over and pick it up and took it for myself, a prize for what I had done to the young padawan." 
His eyes opened and he looked at the floor below him. "I sense, my emotions are linked to my actions. And how I use the force is linked to that as well?"

« Reply #11 on: 05/16/11 14:18:39 »
The young apprentice's thoughts and visions gave a glimmer into his past.  Xaedrin sat thoughtfully, watching the boy with interest as he considered how best to use the new information.  Certainly the boy's conclusion was a good one, helping to shed some light into the boy's understanding of himself and of the Force.

"Yes, Apprentice," Xaedrin said quietly.  "The Jedi teach that the Force should always be used from a centered place, from a state in which your mind is at ease and emotion has been banished.  But as you have realized, the Force becomes a much more powerful tool when used from within the midst of emotions."
Xaedrin took a deep breath, calling on the Force as his passion rose inside of him.  He called on the pain of past experience to strengthen him, and allowed his anger and rage to wash over his new apprentice.
"The Force is not a guide to be followed," he said, his voice full of conviction.  "It is a tool to be bent to our will.  It is a means to an end."  Xaedrin continued to allow his hatred to grow, allowing the Force to flow through him like a might, rushing river; allowing it to strengthen his apprentice, as well.  "Now, reach out again - this time focusing in the here and now.  Know your emotions, your thoughts, your feelings.  Examine your surroundings."

Offline Cloud Strife

« Reply #12 on: 05/16/11 19:28:28 »
The anger and hate inside him built as he remembered all that has happened in his life. His mother being killed, this brothers being sold to slavers, the years he spend hunting those that had hurt him and broken his family apart. This rage built and crashed into him like a tidal wave.

The force pulsed over him as he started to twist and bend the very air around him. His clothes rose where loose parts of it draped down. Objects around him not secured to the floor arose and moved around him circling his body. This eyes now turned golden and full of fire. He now felt the true power if the force, the true power that lay inside him.

After he had finished he looked at this master, anger still burning inside him. "If I am to kill these creatures, I ask you to let me do it in my way...".  (I posted this off an IPad so I'm sorry for any mistakes)
« Last Edit: 05/16/11 20:39:39 by Cloud Strife »

« Reply #13 on: 05/17/11 02:49:45 »
Xaedrin frowned slightly at his new apprentice.  The boy lacked focus.  This was an area that would have to change if he wished to truly master the Force.  Certainly he had plenty of pent up anger and aggression, and those were seriously helpful emotions within the Sith,  but his erratic thinking would be troublesome as he attempted to control his emotions, rather than being controlled by them.

"You lack focus, apprentice," he said chidingly.  "The destiny of those you seek is not your concern at this moment.  You must learn to master your emotions.  Fear, anger, hatred, rage - these are exceptionally effective tools in the hands of the Sith.  But remember, that is all they are - tools.  They are a means to an end - not the end themselves.  Never forget that."
Xaedrin took a breath.  "Focus your mind, use your emotions to give you clarity.  Use your anger just as your lightsaber uses the focusing lens, allowing it to turn your emotions into a controlled beam, giving you a focus in a specified direction.  Tell me when you have reached focus."
Xaedrin waited for the boy, giving him the opportunity to overpower his wandering mind.  To master it.

Offline Cloud Strife

« Reply #14 on: 05/17/11 06:10:08 »
His eyes closes and he centered himself. He calmed himself and drew up the anger inside him, It built inside him trying to boil over but yet he retained it inside him letting it grow.
He then opened his eyes and looked around the ship. Focusing on all around him, but making sure not to let his anger become in control. He felt the anger build more and more, but as soon as he almost gained complete focus it broke and he dropped to his knees.

Cloud cursed to himself in his native tongue and then stood up and started to rebuild his anger. The grew again but he controlled it more then before, focusing on channeling it then releasing it as it came to him. His eyes focusing on all around him again, feeling the very force pulse out of him but yet at controlled rates as not to overload as he just did. He began to lift objects and place them in different places. Rearranging the objects and stacking some top one another at great speeds.
He was learning to use his emotions but channel them and focus them on objects to be able to control them with ease. He was also seeing how to focus on the force around him and draw from it as well.  "What next master?" he asked Xaedrin.

« Reply #15 on: 05/17/11 07:07:55 »
Xaedrin's eyes remained closed as his apprentice worked to harness his emotions, to use them to his benefit.  For all intents and purposes, he was doing fairly well.  Once again, Xaedrin was relieved that he was not completely wasting his time with the boy.  After several hours of his focus, he finally stopped and asked what was next.  While the time had been well spent, Xaedrin knew that now was the time for rest.  Their mission would begin soon enough, and they would need all of their strength.

"Now, apprentice, we rest," Xaedrin said standing.  "Zeltros will be upon us shortly."

For the remainder of the journey, Xaedrin remained in the cockpit, sitting on the floor and preparing his mind for the task at hand.  He was well aware of the difficulties they faced, and was ensuring that his mind was prepared for the wiles of the Zeltrons.  They were not to be taken lightly.  Their ability to turn men into slaves by tampering with their pheromones, as well as men's emotions, was legendary.  It was said that women from Zeltros were among the most beautiful of the galaxy.  A thought for another trip, perhaps.
Xaedrin's eyes remained closed as the computer beeped its warning of an end to their hyperspace jump.  Xaedrin stood slowly as the ship counted down, and then shuddered to a stop.  Peering out the viewport, Xaedrin could see Zeltros hanging in space ahead of them.  Now at the controls, Xaedrin took the ship inside the atmosphere without any announcements and sat it down at the main spaceport.  Once the ship was landed, Xaedrin left the cockpit and called on his apprentice to follow.
Using the Force, Xaedrin reached out and triggered the ramp controls.  As the ramp descended, Xaedrin exited the ship at a steady pace, his apprentice in tow.  Reaching the bottom, Xaedrin noted the approaching presence of several beings.  As he pondered that information, the door to the landing bay they had chosen whisked open to reveal four Zeltrons.  The one in lead was female, followed by three males bearing heavy blasters.  The male's skin-tones ranged from a deep, crimson red to a bright, fire-like red.  All three with different shades.  The female's skin tone was more accurately a pink luster, her hair a deep auburn-red.  The female was clearly in charge, and carried herself with confidence.
"Tell me, what is the meaning of this unauthorized landing?" she asked.  Though her voice carried a hint of gravity, it did not sound angry, but rather alluring.  Xaedrin recognized this as the pheromones more than anything else.
"Apprentice," he said, not breaking eye-contact with the woman.  "Show the lady's guards why it is a poor idea to approach us with weapons." He hoped that his new apprentice would not go too far, there really was no need to kill the guards.  Just teach them a lesson about hospitality.

Offline Cloud Strife

« Reply #16 on: 05/17/11 07:23:42 »
Cloud pointed his arms forward and then spread them apart in one quick motion. Sending two of the three guards into 2 of the pillars that lined the walk way, which lead off the landing bay door. This caused the two guards to be knocked out upon impact.
After which before the third could react he jumped forward at great speed. He drew his lightsaber and cut the blaster in two near the handle leaving the guard with a half of the weapon in each hand. He then smashed the butt of the saber into the guards face knocking him out.

Cloud then grabbed the guard by the neck before he began to fall and threw him at the Zeltron Female. The guard landed on the ground at her feet with a Thud. He then looked at her and breathed in deeply. He then looked at his master and nodded slightly.

« Reply #17 on: 05/17/11 08:14:33 »
Xaedrin stood still, keeping eye-contact with the woman as his apprentice 'dealt with' the guards.  It was tribute to the woman that she never broke eye-contact either, however.  When his apprentice was finished, Xaedrin took a step toward the woman.

"You would do well to pass along to the rest of spaceport security that we are not to be trifled with," he said evenly.  
In fairness, the Zeltron woman showed great poise, simply bowing her head slightly.  "As you wish," she said curtly.  "Is there anything else I can assist you with?"
It was remarkable that the woman was so collected after this.  Zeltrons were clearly fascinating creatures.  "Yes, actually," he said.  "I require for my apprentice to be shown the city.  We are here on Imperial business, and he needs to understand the lay of the land."
The woman bowed her head slightly and then turned to Xaedrin's apprentice.  "If you would follow me."  Without waiting for a response, the woman turned and headed for the door.
"Go, apprentice," Xaedrin said quickly.  "See what you can learn.  When you are finished, report back here."

Offline Cloud Strife

« Reply #18 on: 05/17/11 14:48:14 »
Cloud looked at his Master and nodded then looked at the woman in front of him. He had seen several of these creatures before but none up close.
Her skin looked soft and smooth, as well as her hair. But he didn't care for her, like lesser men would. He had a mission and that was his focus, his Phuryan spirit only cried for that.
The Zeltron lead him into the city, Massive skylines and building rose from the ground below him tens of thousands of feet below. They were lined with Neon colours as well as plastered with Neon signs.Cloud saw this and was disgusted by this. These people didn't apply themselves, all they looked for was a good time, they didn't strive for a living like a Phuryan did. They had no purpose. "What is your name young one?" asked the woman as he looked back at him. 
"That is not of your concern..." He watched her closely. He had heard of their abilities from both his master and from other mercenaries throughout the years. He needed to stay on his toes and make sure he didn't fall into her traps. "Are you Thirsty?" she asked him as she stopped by a bar. Cloud looked at the building which showed it was just a normal bar. He agreed and they entered and sat down at a table near a corner. To Cloud this was a bad place to be. He counted three ways out of the booth and only two ways out of the building after he has escaped from the booth, if the time called for it. 
The woman ordered them something to drink and smiled at him. "You are very skilled of such a young sith."Cloud nodded and looked at his drink and smelled it. He didn't smell anything but he did sense something wrong. He looked over at the woman and then looked at her emotions which showed ambition and excitement. "She is waiting for me to drink." Cloud pushed the drink away and smiled. "I don't drink." he said to her and then started to sense the emotions of all those inside the bar as well as use the force to sense things as well.
The woman's mood changed to anger but she hid it well. "What are you here for?" The woman moved closer to him with each word. She moved seductively towards him and soon sat next to him. Her hand rested on his leg and moved up it. He breathed in but tried to stop. The air was sweat and hypnotizing as well as alluring. He looked at her and smiled, "She is very beautiful." He then shook his head. What was he doing, was he failing for her tricks or was he actually feeling these emotions. He looked into her emotions and saw that she was confident about something. But did he care, all he wanted was to be with her.No wait, he didn't have to be with her. He had to stick to the mission and she was only trying to bring him into her grasp. "So, have you ever been with a woman? I could be your's..."Cloud focused and looked back at what he had learned. He sensed the pheromones in the air and then realized. on board the ship he controlled the very air around him. 
Focusing send out pulses from his body as well as focusing on the pheromones themselves and removed them from the air around him, and within several second he started to loose the feelings of lust and want for her. "I feel uncomfortable with you so close to me, please move back." he said coldly to her.
Her emotions flared up quickly as she realized Cloud was not falling for her games. "Would you like to see something interesting?" she said to him with a seductive smile.He could sense she was trying to lead him into some type of trap. He knew it and could sense it within the force, but followed her. This was probably the only chance he would have at finding the resistance.
The two walked out of the bar and walked towards a tall building. On each side of the door was a bouncer and a long line waiting outside the door lining the buildings side. The woman walked up to the door and winked at what seemed to be the head bouncer. He was a taller Zeltron male who's skin was nearly black. His head was shaved bald but you could see the dark red fuzz that was his hair. The door opened and the two walked inside. 
The music inside bounced around and pounded into Clouds chest. The woman took Clouds hand and led him to the back of the club. He could sense that most of those in the club became alert the second he arrived. They arrived at a table filled with several Zeltron woman that looked to be a rough group. "Is this one of them?" asked one. The woman that lead him here nodded and then stood back. "Young Sith, we know why you are here...and we ask you to leave."Cloud smiled and looked at them. "Are you the resistance?" he asked them but already knew the answer. "And if we are?" the leader said sitting up and leaning towards him. The others looked as if they were getting ready to attack him.
He chose his words and spoke. "I think you already know."
As soon as he finished a blaster shot towards him, but as quick as lightning he drew his lightsaber and deflected it. The shot was hit back at the sender and slammed into the womans chest killing her. Suddenly all over the club blasters were firing towards him. Cloud was deflecting blaster shots from most directions. He cut and slashed at those near him that fired at him. Spinning around and blocking from all directions as well as using the force to throw and push those that stood close enough from him to use his abilities on. He knew he'd need help soon but he didn't know if his master had sensed this event or not. All he knew was to keep fighting back and complete the mission.

« Last Edit: 05/17/11 14:51:40 by Cloud Strife »

« Reply #19 on: 05/18/11 01:55:12 »
It would have been a foolish decision to allow the young apprentice to go wandering about the streets of Zeltros alone.  The native species' abilities in subtle manipulation of emotions and pheromones would be enough to overpower most humanoid species.  And if that weren't enough, the two Sith were part of a government that had just militarily conquered the planet and were now seeking to root out the limited resistance that existed here and crush it as an example to all.

To say that Xaedrin worried about his young apprentice would be ... well ... wrong.  His decision to follow the boy had nothing to do with sentiments, rather it revolved around operational security.  As a matter of fact, sentimental leanings could be taken off the table given that Xaedrin had technically used his apprentice as bait.  Following at a discreet distance, Xaedrin pulled his dark cloak around him tightly, while also raising his hood to cover his face.  Drawing the Force inward, he masked his presence from any would-be Force users with prying eyes.
He had to admit, he was at least partially impressed with the young boy's actions in the cantina - having taught him to focus himself, and to use his emotions rather than allow his emotions to use him, the boy actually learned his lesson and applied it to the situation.  Perhaps this one will suffice, he thought to himself off-handedly.  It was then that the woman stood and led him to a new building, one where Xaedrin could not simply slip in the front door unnoticed.
Quickly moving to the alley way on the side, Xaedrin found a back door.  Although the back door had no handle on the outside - clearly meant for exit only - it was no problem for the Sith Knight.  Reaching out with the Force, Xaedrin found the door-opening mechanism on the inside and applied pressure, pleased with the results as the door neatly slid open.  Slipping inside, Xaedrin moved onto the crowded dance floor, using the Force to keep those around him from bumping into him constantly.
Finding his apprentice within the club, he moved within earshot just in time to hear his new charge ask, "Are you the resistance?"  Xaedrin let out a deep sigh as he shook his head, eyes closed.  Are you the resistance?  Seriously, apprentice? he thought to himself as he placed palm of his hand on his forehead.  It looks like we're going to have to have some lessons in subtlety, he thought.
A flash of danger issued forth in his mind like lightning, alerting him that all was not well.  His apprentice sensed it also, removing his lightsaber and activating it in time to deflect a blaster bolt.  As the dance floor cleared, screams issuing forth from species of all kinds, Xaedrin simply crouched and removed his own lightsaber, though not yet activating it.
He could see that there were three main pockets of blaster fire, each from a different angle, and each targeting his apprentice.  Xaedrin moved swiftly to the nearest one, using the Force to throw what had been the DJ's stand at the group of men there.  The group had no time to scatter and caught the full brunt of the heavy table.  Xaedrin next looked ceiling-ward, and saw where the strobing lights hung.  Using the Force, he gripped the beam and pulled, wrenching it down and hurling it toward the second group.  A loud crash accompanied by several short screams gave him the satisfaction to know that his intended goal had been met.  
Turning to face his apprentice, he saw that by this time the third group - the group right in front of him - had now also been dispatched.  Without the other attackers to deal with, his apprentice had made short work of the few men in front of him.
Xaedrin clipped his unused lightsaber back to his belt and walked toward his apprentice, kneeling down to check the pulse of the dead woman who lay at the feet of his apprentice.  "Apprentice," he said chidingly.  "When searching out the leaders of a group who prides itself on hiding in plain sight, it is typically best to walk softly and stay under the radar."  Xaedrin stood now, shaking his head at the young man.  "This," he said, gesturing around the chaos of the now destroyed club, "Is not walking softly."
Xaedrin turned, moving to exit the club.  Afterall, there were no leads left here.  "Come Apprentice," he said without turning to look at the boy.  "And really, 'Are you the resistance?'  That's the best you had?"  Xaedrin's head could be seen shaking from behind.  "I swear I'm training a Gamorrean."