Author Topic: A New Family Business of Sorts.. (Complete)  (Read 1545 times)

Offline Alistair Starkiller

A New Family Business of Sorts.. (Complete)
« on: 12/15/10 12:32:24 »
Alistair sat at his desk tracing circles into the surface of his desk. It was a dull, dreary day and one day where it decided to rain on the sprawling Ecumenopolis. Blue-green eyes lifted up from the sport he began tracing as he thought about his day, he'd take lunch not long ago and work was not as busy as he had imagined it would be. Such times let the Director of Intelligence wonder about things in his life, what would have happened if his relationship with Neav had worked. What would have happened if his son had not been kidnapped. 

Life was so uncertain he realized as he grew older...

This was why Alistair himself had decided to over see his daughter Ciaran's training personally. He didn't get to see his baby girl all that often since his daughter spent most of her time with her mother. But Alistair had called her one day and tested the waters to see if Ciaran would like to learn under her dear old Dad. He leaned forward and pressed his finger into the intercom button connected right to Lenavina Martin's desk. "Miss Martin, please clear my schedule for this evening and call my daughter Ciaran and ask her to come meet me in the training floor please," he said as he let the button go.

The call would go out and his youngest daughter would come to him. Until then Alistair would need to ready himself. He stood up from his chair and made his way to the door, feet shifting naturally in his confident swagger as he found his way to the lift and chose the training floor several floors down in the Agency's headquarters.
« Last Edit: 04/22/12 04:35:57 by Lauda Cavataio »

Offline Ciaran Deadwood

• Sith Knight
« Reply #1 on: 12/17/10 10:58:40 »
Corellia was her life. Her mother was her hero. Her sister was her pain in the behind on a daily basis. Her Spira family was something she longed to know much better. What happened to Zane was something Ciaran wanted to forget and at the same time fix. She wanted her brother back even if she didn't see him that often when he was with their Dad. It was  just something she longed for, wanted. She'd live with the fact that she didn't see him every day, as long as she knew he was alright. Even the arrangements that her parents made so long ago felt alright, because  she grew up to them. It was just how things were.

And yet, when Dad called and asked if she'd like to be trained by him, the teenage girl could absolutely not hide her excitement. It was something she always wanted. To be trained by her parents. Both of them,  when one came, then the next. The order didn't even matter. And she would have asked herself a long time ago. And then the thing with Zane happened and she pushed her wish aside, hoping things would be fixed. And they didn't for what seemed like forever and Ciaran simply let go of  her wish and let her teenage years keep passing her way. But Dad fixed all that when he called her and asked.

She was on the first transport ship to Coruscant when the offer came  and when the call from Dad's secretary came, she was already on her way. The entrance to the building took a tinny bit longer then expected since Ciaran wasn't a regular there nor an employee but it seemed to go alright since the Director himself was waiting for her. Taking the turbo lift from the ground floor, she followed the instruction of the receptionist on how to get to the training room because that was where the woman on the communicator said Dad would be.

When the mechanic doors opened, her head came out first with a curious gaze upon her face. “Dad?“

« Reply #2 on: 12/18/10 20:12:36 »
Alistair had already changed in the locker room and begun practicing before he was interrupted by the call one of one his titles. Not Director, not sir, none of those. But Dad.... his baby had arrived. Alistair turned his head and a smile immediately spread on his face. His youngest daughter was standing before him and she was the picture of beauty, she reminded him of her mother. Immediately he moved to his little girl who incidentally wasn't so little anymore and wrapped his arms around her when finally he got to her.

"Hello sweetheart! It's so good to see you. My you must have grown since last I saw you," he said with a small joke, he didn't notice much in the way of change but it was always a happy occasion when he got to see one of his girls. He would not pass them up for anything in the galaxy, not his job, not a one person. The Sith Knight had certainly inherited his parents love for their children.

"I'm so glad you came." 

Offline Ciaran Deadwood

• Sith Knight
« Reply #3 on: 12/18/10 20:30:07 »
She saw him quickly enough as the dark eyes searched the room; he had already started practicing but stopped when she got his attention. Ciaran stepped out of the turbo lift only then and moved further into the room before meeting her Dad half way and getting a hug which she returned quickly.

Grown? “Come on, Dad, you saw me a few months ago. I couldn’t have grown that much since then.” Really, she did not grow that fast. He had to be messing with her or something. Ciaran took that small moment to look around the place before she heard him comment on how he was glad she had come, making the teenager nod. “Glad to be here. Nice place you have here, Director.” Teasing slightly, she returned her gaze back to him, her expression of expecting. She had been looking forward to this her entire life, she was a little too eager to get started.

« Reply #4 on: 12/19/10 12:01:50 »
"Director huh? Dad will do sweetheart and you know I'm just kidding," he said with a smile as he snuck another kiss against the side of her head. It really went to show just how much he enjoyed seeing his children, especially his little girl. He loved all his kids, but Zane and Ciaran never gave him any problems, he didn't like to play favorites. But Raven often left no choice when she was the  problem child and Zane and Ciaran did what their parents told them with little to know lip in return.

"So how is your mother and your sister doing?" he asked her as he wrapped a hand around his daughter's shoulder and lead her over to one of the practice floors. Regardless of any feelings he always did like to make sure that Neav and Raven were okay. His children were his reasons for living and of course he would be forever grateful to Neav for having them. Even if their relationship didn't pan out.

"I hope they are well," he said glancing at her.

Offline Ciaran Deadwood

• Sith Knight
« Reply #5 on: 12/19/10 19:23:23 »
Ciaran chucked to Dad’s reaction to calling him Director. “I was only messing with you.” She said quietly as he kissed the side of her head, making the girl smile. And she apparently knew he was kidding about the grown up bit. “I know.” She finally just added to that. Still, if he could joke about that, than calling him Director for fun was her right. Or at least it was in her mind.

How were Mom and Raven, Ciaran heard her father say as he put a hand on her shoulder and led her through the training area. “Mom’s fine. Raven will never learn.” Well, whether Mom was actually fine was really her mother’s business. She’d always had a need to look over her Mom, wanting to make sure she was alright and so. They didn’t actually talk about it but when the question came, she couldn’t quite say anything else. If it was a lie, it was a good lie in Ciaran’s mind. And Raven, yeah, well, that was the whole truth. Her big sister had a belief. She grew up to it. Sometimes, she seemed too bitter in that belief. Ciaran knew she tended to hate her quite a bit considering how she looked. But than again, Raven blamed everyone but herself for the life they led, for the separation they grew up into.

The dark haired teenager just grew up into it and didn’t really think there was anything else most times. She didn’t blame, but it also made her believe in certain things due to it. That was probably her self-learned lesson through all of it.

“What about you? How have you been?” She could have asked about her grandparents or even aunts. But asking her Dad how he was seemed more important than that for Ciaran.

« Reply #6 on: 12/22/10 14:36:28 »
"Oh I've been doing alright with myself. Work work and more work for the most part.. I think I may be turning into Miss Martin, me assistant. She is quite dedicated to her work," Alistair said with a smile. It was really a rare treat and sort of a day off that he had his daughter here with him. Though to be honest just having her with him was victory enough today but of course simple company would soon come to the end. She had purpose here, one he looked to help her with as he taught her the ways of Sith.

"So tell me sweetheart, what have you learned over your years with your mother? I wish to teach you a few things but I think it would be best to know what you know so I don't waste words teaching you what you already know," he said drawing her closely in a fatherly hug. It was clear how much he cared for his daughter as he eventually let Ciaran go, so he could pull a pair of training swords from one of the racks and then handed her one.

"You remember what I taught you of fencing?" he asked.

Offline Ciaran Deadwood

• Sith Knight
« Reply #7 on: 12/23/10 10:29:51 »
Always working. Well, nothing something Ciaran was the least bit surprised by that. Dad was pretty into his work. She knew that well from all her visits. And apparently, he was turning into his assistant. “Turning into?” The brunette chuckled. “Dad, you been work work and a lot more work for a long while now. You saying the woman that called me is actually worse than you are?” Maybe she was wrong, but somehow, she didn’t think it was possible. But hey, nothing wrong with any of it. Probably came with years of knowing someone in a particular way that made certain things seem completely normal.

And then the training questions came in. Dad wanted to know what Mom had taught her. And then he’d teach her a few things. “Only a few things?” She questioned as she looked up at him with a smile. “Mom let me get what’s already manifested out so I can do small things with that. Other than that, I’ve been learning things about the force, how much we hate the Jedi and I’ve seen her train others.” There wasn’t really all that much. That’s how Ciaran saw it. Her actual training had been waiting for a while, probably postponed quite a bit with Zane going missing. But that was all behind them now. Everything would be alright now. She opened her mouth to speak again before being pulled into a hug again. Inhaling deep as she wrapped her arms around him and grinned widely before she was let go.

Dad left there and moved over to one of the racks, pulling two training sorts. Ciaran just waited there before he moved back and gave her one. She took it in her right hand and studied it for a second as he asked his question. Did she remember what he showed her about fencing. “Hmm.” The teenage girl look at the sword in her hand for a moment as she thought about it. “Well, I remember we used to play around with two of Zane’s play swords when we were younger. And than you’d stop and go fixing my stance, then we’d play some more than you’d interrupt the game again to show me a better way to attack, where to attack. And there was also for defense which I remember was a pretty big deal, more so than the other ones.” Ciaran remembered it pretty well. It was fun. It first, she’d get a little annoyed with him when he’d stop the game to correct what she was doing but soon she started to see he wasn’t just being over-controlling and was actually showing her things. Things that were good. She beat a few kids on Corellia thanks to those tips.

« Reply #8 on: 12/27/10 09:22:17 »
"Miss Martin... is really dedicated to her career. I think she might be obsessed with it. But she's a fine worker and she helps making what Intelligence is without thought of reward. I offered her promotion before but she seems content with her station. Its a mystery, but as long as she remains happy I see no need to really press the issue," he said as he examined his own sword for a few seconds before drawing it through the air a couple of times to get the timing of his cut down.

"However, I have you guys to help keep me from becoming totally absorbed. So there is no real need to worry," Alistair told her before he walked a few paces onto the training mat and held his sword out while he took a fairly loose stance. She might recognize it from long ago but either way he was at the ready for his daughter to come to him.

"Anyhow, lets see what you remember shall we?" he asked with a smile.

Offline Ciaran Deadwood

• Sith Knight
« Reply #9 on: 12/27/10 20:17:55 »
Dad was talking about his assistant, how dedicated she was to her career, probably even obsessed with it. He didn't stop there. The woman didn't seem to want a reward or promotions. Ciaran pounded on it for a bit as she watched her training sword. It was weird. She couldn't think of herself as that, not wanting to rise between ranks and develop. "Weird woman." The teenager girl merely commented it all before turning attention to her Father. He had her and her siblings that kept him from it all so they didn't have to worry. Smiling, she nodded and said nothing. That was a nice thought.

Ciaran watched her Dad as he moved to one of the mats and stood in a particular way. She watched him for a few moments before she remembered him correcting her into that particular stance when she was younger. Moving over as he questioned on what she would remember and adjusted herself, to a nearly similar position as her Dad did, raising the elbow to the end of her ribs and adjusting the sword in her hand before here. "I remember that one." She stated with an even wider smile as her right leg stood a bit forward, her free hand slightly raised for the balance. Balance was important.

Taking in a deep breath, she struck with the sword to his right side, lower than the level he was holding his weapon. Ciaran had little doubt her father would be able to block it, they had done this enough time, but somehow she also knew she had to make the first hit since he was waiting for her. 

« Reply #10 on: 12/30/10 12:36:03 »
Reacting on instinct and with a touch of skill Alistair blocked her attack easy enough. It was a basic attack if anything, well enough to start a fight and transition to another attack. But another thing was an experienced fencer could parry and return with an attack of his own. Alistair wasn't going to do that just yet. This was just a friendly refresher course to see what his daughter could do against him, what she remembered, what or if she had learned anything new since the last time he had instructed her.

"Good you have proper stance and made a good attack," he said holding her weapon off to the side with his own. There was another attack linked to the one she had given him it was the beginning of a nice combination that left you room to move around in case you needed to move on the fly. Very useful and he was proud of her for remembering the opening steps.

"Alright now follow up. Keep your feet moving," he told her.

Offline Ciaran Deadwood

• Sith Knight
« Reply #11 on: 12/31/10 11:38:55 »
Just as she though, Dad had intercepted her strike, expect, he didn't attack back as he could have. She remembered as much. Ciaran heard him tell her she had a proper stance and made a good attack,  but even as he told her to follow up and keep moving, the brunette girl pulled her weapon back and spun around to strike again, this time at the other end, and much higher, aiming for her Father's neck. Expect, this time, the blade turned horizontal as she turned.

There were things Ciaran learned from her Dad, others she did while playing around with others. It was a combination of several things, and somewhere along the way, she had slightly lost track of which was which. It was all the same fencing, expect what Dad taught her when she was younger was the real thing, the rest was just children's play and her own style into it. And fun. Lots of fun.

Yet this beat all the fun because it what she wanted for a very long time. Coming around the other side, her hands risen just enough to reach the end of her Father's neck, Ciaran let her eyes go a bit further to make sure she was keeping an eye on him, not going blindly for the strike. 

« Reply #12 on: 01/11/11 11:51:05 »
Alistair ducked his head, the weapon in his hand rising up to direct her own sword up and over his head as he avoided her attack and pushing it off to the side and out of harms way. His daughter was pretty good with her movement. She may have been a child when Alistair taught her the basics of fencing, or sword fighting in general for that matter. The sword's movements had to be fluid, a part of you, like the stinger on a wasp. Each move had to compliment the other and you had to be aware of everything around her. The best attack was based in proper footwork and form.

"Your doing well Ciaran. Remember what I taught you. I want you to try a new exercise now, I should sit you down and teach you the ability to look into the future and past, but for this you won't have to look too deeply. I want you to use your senses, watch me closely, how I move, when I move. Use the Force and predict my movements and move to stop them," he told her as he moved his blade to push her own back and his own body moved forward, putting her on the defense with a flurry of simple attacks.

Offline Ciaran Deadwood

• Sith Knight
« Reply #13 on: 01/11/11 17:15:47 »
He had ducked his head and countered her sword with his own, making the teenager pull it back before he caught it took her weapon under his control and made her unable to strike back anymore. Dad was already telling her she was doing well, pointing out she had remembered what he taught her. He said he wanted to teach her a new exercise, teach her to see the future and past but he wouldn't have to it right now, just wanted her to work on her senses, watch him closely, how he moved, when he moved. Ciaran nodded and reached out to her concentration. She knew how to work with her senses, even if she didn't actually sit around for hours and work on it. She did that before, when she was younger, she found it fun to feel when she was smaller. Expect this time, Dad was telling her to do more than just that. To predict his movements in the moment. 

Closing her eyes for a brief moment, Ciaran concentrated and reached out, her senses shutting down her human instinct that could confuse her right now. She could easily feel her Dad's presence and everything else around her even when she started it but it took her a shot while before her mind actually detected what he was doing, what he was about to do. She gripped the weapon in her hand for only a second before her grasp of the hold soften enough for to to move much easily, her hand rising to her shoulder for the blade to intercept his before it actually reached her back. The teenager's head turned to the side as she smirked, before turning around back to fully face him, and pulled back, her legs moving beneath her perfectly so she wouldn't loose her balance. "Like that?" She asked as she opened her eyes and smiled. 

« Reply #14 on: 01/19/11 08:20:17 »
"Yes, just like that. It's a smaller form of Farsight called Battle Precognition. You use the Force in the moment, the concentration to predict small things, such as your opponents movements. It is useful though an important lesson to take from this, is that if you are facing another Force User there is a good chance that they are probably using the ability on you. This is one reason why concentration during a duel is of the utmost importance," Alistair told his daughter as their weapons banged into one another forcing a loud crack off the surface where they made contact.

"It is however a better way to fight then trying to read someones mind, that takes time, so telepathy is out. Duels can end in a matter of seconds, sometimes you don't have time to think," the Sith Knight said as he pushed her weapon back and began moving forward taking to the attack as he swung attacks high and low, pressing her to respond, move around dodge and deflect his attacks.

"Another thing you can do in a duel to give yourself an edge is to use your anger, to build up a rage that makes you faster, stronger. There is a trade off though, doing so may come back to bite you, if you let it get the better of you."

Offline Ciaran Deadwood

• Sith Knight
« Reply #15 on: 01/19/11 17:27:27 »
A smaller form of Farsight called Battle Precognition, Ciaran heard as she listened to the description of what it did. Use of Force in the moment, concentration to predict small things, like the movement of her opponents. She just did that, Ciaran noted, still holding her ground with her weapon, hearing the clash of two together while Dad kept talking. She had to remember that if she was facing another Force User, chances were that they were doing the same thing on her which is why she had to keep her concentration high. "I can understand that."  She also shouldn't try using Telepathy on the other person and she didn't have too much time to think, the girl girl as he pushed her weapon back. 

Ciaran turned around promptly, almost in a jump, her feet settling in, as her Dad came towards her, her weapon moving constantly as did he, her concentration still at a high to avoid too many surprises. He was giving her quite a work out, not letting her rest, her blade moving up and down, her feet moving constantly to avoid falling down, make sure she was settled well enough for each strike he made. 
Still new to it, the teenager didn't put much thought it trying to strike her father. She just responded, hitting back when she had a chance, but not going for it just for the sake of it. 
Another thing that could have given her the edge was to use her angle, build up a rage that would make her move faster, stronger though it wasn't too good because it could come back to hurt her if she let it get the better of her. Ciaran wasn't really sure she wanted to do that now, not with her Dad. "But I'm not angry at you. I don't want to be angry at you..." There were things Ciaran could be angry at. It wouldn't directed at her Dad but he was a big part of why she could have been. But Ciaran didn't want to do that, didn't want to enter that. She tried hard not to think of things like that, seeing how it took the best of Raven. Part of her worried what would happen if she gave in to that with her own family. 

« Reply #16 on: 04/11/11 08:04:15 »
"Thats the beauty of it sweetheart, you don't have to be mad at me. It can be anything that causes you to be upset. Your rage doesn't even have to be triggered from your opponent. Its simply an easier option since then can do things like punch and kick at you. But no it can be anything," he told her with a smile. It was understandable his little girl didn't want to be angry or dredge up some sort of memory that would have her angry with him. But of course she had little to worry about when it came to this specific power.

"At least give it a try. There has to be something in your mind that could cook up some anger," he told her as he advanced again swinging his practice sword down near her shin and then feinting back up high. If he was lucky he could graze Ciaran and get her anger flowing if she was having trouble. This was a lesson she would have to learn one way or another.

Offline Ciaran Deadwood

• Sith Knight
« Reply #17 on: 04/12/11 20:43:34 »
She didn't have to be mad at him? That would probably make things better. It could be anything that made her upset. Her rage didn't have to be triggered form her opponent, it was simply an easier option since then she could do things like punch and kick at her but it could be anything. Ciaran thought about it, trying to find what made her angry, to make it work as Dad kept encouraging her, telling her to give it a try. There had to be something in her mind that could cook up some anger. 

There were a few things that could get her upset. Okay, maybe one thing particularly made her made more than anything else, and there was usually one person that could cause it. But even as she tried to take it in, get angered by it, remembering at least a particular scene her father was suddenly swinging his sword, making her push back her thoughts for a moment as she moved the training sword to intercept it. The one problem was though that she hadn't actually pushed her thoughts away as she did that, an image of Raven finally appearing in her mind, her words of insulting their mother reaching her ears. Yeah, it was so easy for her mind to go to, no one else had direct access to her Mom as Raven did and her sister never did have a filter of any kind to prevent her. 
Her blade met her father's inches away from her skin and before she could even think of a next move, the thought blurring out anything else as it pushed her on, putting all her strength to her hands and training weapon as she pushed it higher and away from her body. It also took a lot her mental strength to prevent her basic power to come out then, a cold rushing through her already but she was sure that it hadn't reached the training blade as she pushed her hands forward before jumping away from her father. Ciaran didn't like getting mad and there were only a few things that could actually get her angry in this galaxy but they were also things she couldn't pull away when they started. 

« Reply #18 on: 04/18/11 07:51:28 »
"Good, I feel it building up in you now.. keep it up. You need to press further, use the anger to increase your speed, and your strength, your entire focus should be directed to me attacking me. So do it, gather up your emotions and attack me. I won't consider you successful until you can drive me back while I defend myself," he said holding up his weapon in a defensive stance. She would need to attack him, if she did not then there was no point to the exercise. She had to learn to press the advantage whenever it presented itself, a battle could not simply be won by playing defense.

"Don't hold anything back... if you do... I'll know," he told her plainly. These words rang to him on different levels, his father had spoken them many times before. It was almost scary what his father knew about him that not even he knew about himself. He wondered if his father had been reading his thoughts, but he swore to him this was not true. He had no reason to mistrust, he was simply told that one day he would understand. Now that he had children of his own he finally knew what he meant.

Offline Ciaran Deadwood

• Sith Knight
« Reply #19 on: 04/19/11 04:13:08 »
Building up, that it definitely was. The image of her sister refused to fade away, her poisonous words spread through out her mind like wild fire, unable to be stopped. There were so many things said, so many things let go through the years but Ciaran had never taken them all together. Now, they just rolled back on a fast film roll, going on and on, showing her so much that just inflated her anger as she heard Dad speak, telling her to push further, use her anger to increase her speed and strength, her entire focus should have been directed on attacking him. To gather her emotions and attack him. She wouldn't be successful until she could drive him back and he had to defend himself. 

A clear image appeared before Ciaran's eyes, saying: A lying piece of batha crap that only spits out children for amusement, as the teenager gripped her training saber tighter, her eyes narrowing as she could still see her father before her, her anger building up further and further as the words continued. You've corrupted Ciaran against us.  You chased Daddy away, He stole Zane and I got stuck with you, the brown eyes darkened at another set of words her sister spoke to their mother, her father's last line coming over it as he told her not to hold back because he would know. That almost matter none anymore with her head suddenly being bombed by memories of all the things she let go so many times in the past, as they came one at a time. 

So what you've just abandoned one husband tried to gather up another, spit some kids out of your womb and think daddy will stay with you? You were never going to tell him were you?  Why the hell should he forgive you?  Why should any of us? Her eyes could still see clearly through her sister's voice infecting her mind. She could see Dad waiting for her. And her mind? It was screaming, raging, her eyes going even darker. Ciaran tried telling herself that it didn't matter what Raven told her but none of it worked anymore, not when so many of the poisonous words had come together, mashed up int one gigantic thought, building her anger more than it had ever. Her concentration to the Force had never been dropped through it all, she never stopped her focus as the rage kept building, the grip on her training saber tightening as the feelings began to work on its own. If Ciaran could have thought about it clearly now, she could have seen how much Dad was right about the feelings empowering her but the teenager didn't see that anymore. All she felt was the fury and the need to act upon it, the feelings she had never felt so clearly before, the strength and the need to strike down to enemy. If Raven was here, she would be willing to kill, now she'd just settle for unleashing it. 

"You asked for it", she muttered, the energy flowing through her body, the strength she usually didn't have as she charged at her father, the speed at which she moved wasn't something she was used to but it mattered little.God and look at you.  You defend this corrupt bitch like she's some kind of Goddess. At least you can try and see her for what she really is.  A lying piece of batha crap that only spits out children for amusement. Her training weapon was at the level of her eyes, aiming for her father cheek. She was enraged, it was what she wanted it, she was furious for the existence of such a bitch in her life but that was what gave her so much strength right now, pushed her beyond she considered that she even would. Probably something she could actually thank her big sister for.