Author Topic: Maitimo Maedhris  (Read 435 times)

Offline Maitimo Maedhris

Maitimo Maedhris
« on: 08/15/10 16:00:37 »
Full Name: Maitimo Maedhris
[/i]Gender: Male
[/i]Birthworld: Volinar
Homeworlds: Volinar
Race: Human
Legal Status: Noldarin Prince
Relationship Status: Unwedded[/i]
Living Situation: wherever[/i]
Affiliation: None
Personal Skills: Maitimo is highly skilled in Avinti, a martial form widely used by the Noldarin. 

The Avinti generally emphasizes long range techniques, quick advances and retreats, wide stances, kicking and leaping techniques, whirling circular blocks, quickness, agility, and aggressive attacks.

[/i]

The system teaches empty-hand techniques and weaponry through predetermined combinations, known as forms, routines, or movement of sets. The students learn the basics by practicing the routines until the movements in the routines can be executed naturally based on instinct. Then, two or multiple man sets are practiced to train responses and applications of techniques learned from the sets. The practice sets/routines are not only practical in applications but are also graceful and artistic in nature. The fluidness of the movements combined with acrobatic techniques are trademarks of Avinti.

His particular specialty is with the Noldarin broadsword. 

[/i]Personality: 

Maitimo Maedhris is a bitter and complex young man, rather than being truly evil; he is more akin to a tragic villain. Maitimo wanted, more than anything, to have his place as heir to the Noldar throne and his father's love. Maitimo believed, or has perhaps forced himself to believe, that gaining more power will make these wishes come true. This determination stands in contrast with other pursuers of power such as his brothers Amrod and Amris, who are motivated mostly by cruelty or political ambition.

Maitimo has many other numerous contradictory traits, beliefs, and behaviors. For example, he is domineering and controlling, a result of being raised as Noldar royalty, and disdains working with people that he believes are inferior to him. Despite this, he adamantly refuses to view people as expendable. It was Maitimo's belief that it is wrong to sacrifice able-bodied and willing troops as a diversionary tactic which led to his exile when he voiced his opinion and angered his father. 

Maitimo believes that a person becomes strong by having to struggle and fight for what they want. He also has expressed contrasting beliefs, in that he does not want to have good luck, because he feels he can control his own fate, but also believes that he is marked unlucky and that the world is against him. Maitimo's reaction to this perception of the world always being set against him is defiance in the form of an iron will and inflexible determination. Maitimo is clever, yet hot-headed, often letting his temper get the best of him. Nevertheless, he seems to be adverse at the thought of harming others where there is no motive for doing so or nothing to gain in the end. He rarely thinks his situations through, causing him to get in trouble. 

Physical Stats[/i] 
[/i]Height: 6'
[/i]Weight: 195 lbs
Hair Color: Copper
[/i]Eye Color: gold
Skin Color: olive[/i]
Physical Apperance: 
The Noldar are very tall and of muscular build. Their hair color is usually black, but brown, red and even silver hair exist among certain Voldarin. Their eyes are usually amber or dark.

Maedhris has auburn hair
 inherited from his maternal grandfather, Mahtan, whom Maedhris is said to be alike in face and disposition. He is mostly referred to as Maitimo, his mother-name for "well-shaped one", for he was noted for his comeliness, but was known as Russan, "copper-top", to his friends and family. 

Possessions: 

Cortosis-weave collapsible double-bladed spear devaronian-edged on one end with a plasma blade emitter on the other
Devaronian-edged Dagger, can be fitted with various poisons by insertion of the poison through the hilt. 
Devaronian-edged Vrakolian Spin-blades. 

BIO : 
Maitimo Maedhris is the Crown Prince of the Noldar. His story is a tragic one, filled with the missteps he and the house of Feanor took, but it must be told, for light shines even in the darkest shadows. 
When he was but a boy his father, Feanor, then Crown Prince of the Noldar, was greedy for power. The Noldar were at war with the dark forces of Melkor, and there was much infighting between the Union of Four. Feanor devised a plan to kill Melkor, but it was rejected. In anger he drew sword on the council. The Council guards seeing a threat responded with an offensive. They moved towards Feanor, intent on slaying him. However, Finwe, King of the Noldor, interposed between the guards and Feanor. The guards, too intent on their objective, struck down the man in their path. Too late did they realize it was Finwe. Then there was much sorrow, for Feanor, possessed of madness, slew the guards and turned on the council, who grieved at the great loss of the King of the Noldar. Though grieving, they sentenced Feanor and his household to banishment for this outrage. In great anger did Feanor and his sons leave. Before they left the planet, they swore a great oath. Any Volinari they found they would slay. For they believed all had turned against them. In haste did they make this oath, but forever was it to last. 
Feanor left with his sons and most of the Noldarin host to seek a planet to settle on where they could eventually gain enough power to come back and crush all who opposed him. Then he would reign as King of All. But now he was King of the Exiled, King of the Noldar. They heard rumors of a rare ore on the planet Apatros. As a people they all loved to craft things, but above all they loved to work with ores and minerals. Their skill was unsurpassed in the shaping of such things by any of those whom they had heard of or encountered. Feanor thought to himself that this ore may perhaps be useful if rumors of its abilities were true. So the Noldar settled upon Apatros. Numbering many, it was necessary for them to terraform parts of the planet to become habitable for a large number of people. They began to build great cities and delved deeply into the earth, where they discovered the ore they sought. They tried to mine it, but found their usual methods did not work and many died in the process. Learning from this experience, they set to it again and in five years time they were mining this substance, which they learned was called Cortosis, in great amounts. But there was always a cost for this. Many workers died in these mines for Cortosis was very dangerous to work with. This is where the Crown Prince's story truly starts. 
Feanor had proposed a plan to begin mining increasing amounts of the ore. At a council of the leaders, Maedhris spoke out against the plan for it called for needless amounts of life to be lost. Feanor grew very wroth at this challenging of his authority and ordered Maedhris to take back his spoken words or be banished. Angered in turn, Maedhris would not recant and was banished from Apatros. 
He fled into the core worlds, lost and confused. There he found something he had not bargained for.....
The End of the Beginning. 

« Last Edit: 08/17/10 17:47:25 by Maitimo Maedhris »

Offline Shery deWinter

• Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc...
  • Administrator
  • Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc...
    • Star Wars: Descension
Maitimo Maedhris
« Reply #1 on: 08/15/10 16:03:20 »
Added to the list!

Please note, in order for your rank of nobility (Prince) to be confirmed in the -verse of Descension, please read and reply to this thread.

Offline Maitimo Maedhris

Maitimo Maedhris
« Reply #2 on: 08/15/10 17:40:54 »
done