Author Topic: A Fate Worse Than Death [Character Development/PM Invite]  (Read 352 times)

Offline Ka'Tessa Kovis

• Skype - Ane_ftw
"Not really," voice rather droll over metallic clicks answered.

"The Hapan culture..."

"Shaddup. I very well know my..." she spat, eyeing the ship's internal control center. "I know their ideals," Tess said hotly to the AI. "I do not share them. We've been over this." Best friend, navigation, and, pragmatic know-it-all was in fact, the ship. Or it's brain rather.

"History dictates that you will return to The Consortium."

An audible sigh escaped her lips and the Hapan was suddenly visible on the platform. Back resting on a mechanic's roller aid, but not just a voice anymore. "Oh, does it tell you when? Does it tell you how?" Kovis began to stand, shaking a tool in her hand, sing-song voice elevating. Laughter was choked back then and she shook her head full of bound blond curls as if to rid herself of the foul mood she fell into.

"Map update successful."

To say discussing the past struck nerves was shades past an overstatement. The woman's line of work required checks and balances though.  As luck would have it, no clientele was on board to witness her mini meltdown. Tess was getting on her own nerves, with the artificial intelligence being the only spectator. "Run security maintenance. Bring it up in the refresher on level two." With that, her boots slid and then marched off the deck at a steady pace, b-lining for the lift.

Ka'Tessa's finger jammed the button a little harder than was necessary and then shoved both hands into the pockets of her flight suit. It took only seconds and she was enclosed in metal, beaming up. "Exiting Hyperspace. The time is now 0600 Galactic Standard Time. We are now entering the Japrael Sector. The route to Dxun is clear. Our estimated time of arrival is 0842 Galactic Standard Time." As the metallic female voice came over the ships intercom, the door slid back allowing her to exit. From there, she passed the formal dining area and kitchen and two of the four cabins before arriving at her destination.

« Last Edit: 01/26/16 12:15:31 by Ka'Tessa Kovis »

Offline Ka'Tessa Kovis

• Skype - Ane_ftw
HSSIS, otherwise known as Hapan Superior Security and Intelligence System, brought to life the lights and the screens. Tess called her Lyss. Sleeved elbows hit the deep blue counter lined with three sinks, her athletic frame appearing before one of them staring after the mirror.

"Cloaking shield enabled."

A firm nod was given in response after a moment of stillness and her stormy gray eyes blinked their way into awareness. One hand moved over the faucet and the motion spurred the warm water to spill from the opening. "Give me an update on the location, subject, and details of extraction."

"Dxun, inner rim moon orbiting Onderon, called by the public, Demon Moon. The location is of temperate jungle. The atmosphere is breathable and poses no threat. Adaptable aquatic armor is advised for the moist climate. Alert level is high and hazardous. The native species of wildlife poses imminent danger. Extreme caution. The presence of criminal activity is at an all time high. Arm accordingly."

There was a brief pause and lines of data flitted across the screen and then an image.

"Ursa Donovan, female, humanoid, brown hair, green eyes, 54.8871 kilos, 1.5278 meters, age twenty three standard years. Daughter to Hellios Senator Denu Donovan of The Republic. Senior partner and biochemist for OnCorp."
« Last Edit: 01/26/16 12:19:49 by Ka'Tessa Kovis »

Offline Ka'Tessa Kovis

• Skype - Ane_ftw
After some eleven years, Tess still did not like politics. Hapan or otherwise. Once upon a time, the young woman presumed Hapes had the worst. It was all she had ever known. Things had obviously changed. Such as her knowledge and views on things.  Her purpose, however- gray eyes glossed over when they flicked to the map- was one of the few things that had not shifted in years passed. "Pull up the biochemist's accounts," she gave a pause, slender fingers moving from the faucet causing the water to cease, then to swipe across her visage, "I want to be sure of a few things."

A crisp blue hand towel found its way into her grasp and she patted away the moisture from her face and palms. The system obliged and transaction history and information appeared across the screens. "See if there are any discrepancies within the last six months. Deposits, withdraws. New accounts. Canceled ones."

"Success rate for this mission is incredibly low, Ka'Tessa."

"Just run the report," even though her tone was irritable, her face did not project the same. There was something nagging in the back of her brain, faint, but present and warning. Tess brushed it away as she did a stray strand of hair.

"Based on my calculations of risk and the percentage of survival, this mission should be aborted."

Steely orbs glared at the screen.

"There are no discrepancies," Lyss' chiming artificial voice responded quickly.

"See. Just a simple pop in and out rescue." But there was something off. Tessa smiled anyway and leaned against the wall, hanging the towel to the side and crossed her arms. It was never as easy as it seemed with political figures. Just as well, someone's life was as stake.

The only problem was, in this instance, the Hapan did not know if it was her own or Ursa Donovan's. Or even if this was something on a larger scale that she just could not see yet. There really was only one way to find out and that was to continue navigation to Dxun.

"We are ahead of schedule. May I suggest you change... princess."