Author Topic: WE HAVE MOVED! WELCOME TO THE NEW DESCENSION! (say HI and also post technicals)  (Read 1019 times)

Offline Shery deWinter

• Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc...
  • Administrator
    • Star Wars: Descension
Say haiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

Please have some patience while I sort through things. I'm expecting a few days before everything is completely normal and settled down. If you bump into any technical problems, let me know.

Linked accounts will be arriving soon.

Those of you who haven't been to Descension for a while are more than welcome to turn to me to for your default passwords (which you will then change into whatever it is you want it to be).

And soon, SOON, we shall be RP'ing again!
mwhahahahaha

<3

Offline Razberry

• I'm pretty much a derp
Several of my signatures show up with warped dimensions. Others are entirely fine.

My sig is on a signavatar rotation. Refresh a few times and you'll hopefully see the problem.

Offline Shery deWinter

• Administrator
Are any of your sigs wider than 500px?

I have a problem on my end with signavatar; images uploaded there from photobucket just don't show up on my end at all (tested this with several computers/connections).

Offline Dat Kat

Can you also please confirm if an issue appears to be resolved? 

(signavatar is not working for me at all [probably a security reason])

Offline Shery deWinter

• Administrator
[01:51:03] LizFirestarter: something sucks with the  code. I use it and then it gives me a set width and height which I can't shake off. tell *** *** to fix it, it's messing everything up
[07:26:06] Nessarose deWinter: show me what you mean please :)
[08:24:20] Nessarose deWinter: http://25.media.tumblr.com/df0a10e4ba69cd634496ec67b99f47d6/tumblr_moz23xU04y1s199fdo1_500.jpg
[09:33:16] LizFirestarter:
[09:33:23] Nessarose deWinter: wht
[09:33:27] LizFirestarter: http://swdescension.com/roleplaying/index.php?topic=6374.msg164568#msg164568
[09:33:27] Nessarose deWinter: did you set that?
[09:33:34] Nessarose deWinter: i set 300 to be the max height
[09:33:44] LizFirestarter: refresh a few times
[09:33:51] LizFirestarter: lauda's post
[09:34:05] LizFirestarter: all the gifs, all the banners
[09:34:06] Nessarose deWinter: can't you jut make it

Offline Razberry

• I'm pretty much a derp
Sig issues fixed. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you on that. Busy weekend.

Offline Dat Kat

Thanks Raz!   :D

Your "image" was entered using HTML instead of bbCode and this resolved the issue.  Sorry, I could not tell for sure myself, due to my security settings.

Ultimately, it would be best if you guys had a proper image rotator instead of the workaround you are trying to use.

Offline Shery deWinter

• Administrator
I'm trying to find a mod that has it.

Offline Leigh Christman

• Jedi Knight
Wait. Wait. Signature issue not resolved. All my characters are still having this issue. And I mean -all-.

Explain to me this HTML vs. bbcode bit. I don't do well with names. I simply do [img]link[/img*] and it shows up, just adds the height and width while at it. Seems to lash out on the image or gif set currently on rotation and then it keeps that for all of them. Which is really bad looking.

Offline Shery deWinter

• Administrator
Raz's issue was different than ours, I think :|

Offline Nessarose deWinter

• Her bubbly sweetness of dark terror
    • http://swdescension.com/
Finally logged into the Nessa account. Yay!

Offline Lauda Cavataio

• High Priestess
  • Administrator
  • Cultum Viventium Dea
Okay, I see what you did there. I have a different name for that style, I do crazy stuff like that. Signature issue fixed ^_^ Merci!

Offline William Carter

I found an issue I think.

Both of the accounts you gave me information for has the same username and the board only allows me to sign in with the password for the old account which has 10 posts and not the several hundreds of my real one. And all the threads I had started on the yuku board with my .u account seems to "magically" have been made by the older account but the post count doesn't add up.

EDIT:
So one account is William Carter.u, which is the real one I used exclusively at the "end". And then this, the other one which is William Carter, which is the account I started with. Different usernames but you provided me the same username for both. Might have to do some wriggling to get that bit sorted out as all my present posts seems to originate from the old account and not the current one that I was using when you moved the board over.
« Last Edit: 07/29/13 20:28:49 by William Carter »

Offline William Carter

This should be right account for most if not all of my threads and not the other one :)

*** Fixed by merging accounts - Admin

Offline Aaralyn Fiore

• Princess of Y'Sad
Hi! Could I have one of those merging gifts too. I've got an two accounts of the same name, on yuku one had .descension (which is this one) and the other one had .u after it. Now, the issue is really that this is my old account and I can't access the new one so if I could get a merger, that would be awesome :)

*** Accounts merged and post count corrected - Admin
« Last Edit: 07/30/13 01:36:33 by Aaralyn Fiore »

Offline Shery deWinter

• Administrator
And while we are on it, I would love to know how merging accounts is done, so I could fix a lot of these requests before they are even made :)

*** Excuse posting from the database. :p

There is no merge feature or mod for SMF but in SMF2 there is the ability to do this by deleting one member (and retaining posts and topics) and then reattributing these (posts and topics) to the remaining member.  It may not be wise to use this as the results may be unpredictable as the posts were not made on SMF itself.

Right now, I am manually moving posts to the older account (to retain join date and lower Member ID); which is also most likely to have the "clean" username (because it was first).  Then I recount the posts and ammend that in the profile.  That really only leaves Avatars and we need to know which one should be chosen.

As of time of writing, these "extraneous" accounts have only been renamed, pending removal.

Note: Do not request a merge for accounts with PMs, at least without informing of that fact and entering into a dialogue about how best that should be handled.

The best way to handle this is only to hand out one username and not two, then drop me an email with the detail.  In the case above:

is sufficient.

This is not a quick process, so please be patient.

- Admin

Offline William Carter

I can attest to its effectiveness :P

Offline Aaralyn Fiore

• Princess of Y'Sad