Author Topic: Am I a Jedi? (Complete)  (Read 605 times)

Offline Elena Ritnel

Am I a Jedi? (Complete)
« on: 05/04/13 08:25:47 »
Chandrilan Central Command
One Week before the Events of "Midnight Fire"

---

He was late, which wasn't unusual. He was always with that new wife of his, and he was never here for his Jedi training.

Thankfully, the Admiralty was. I supposed I shouldn't expect better, except today was supposed to be a double promotion for me. He was supposed to make me a Jedi Knight at the same time the Admiralty made me a Vice Admiral. I guess I was a bit bummed out when he wasn't there as I stepped down the isle, flanked by a hundred officers, and began a steady march down towards the dias, which was strangely empty.

The ceremony was short, and I was severely annoyed. I stormed directly to the Jedi Master's office and shoved the door open.

"What the hell were you doing that was so damned important, Valentine?" I snapped. Technically he was both my Master, and my superior officer, but I didn't care.

He looked up and I froze, realizing my mistake. His eyes were hard and calm. "You were promoted today?"

"Y...Yes, sir."

A blonde eyebrow arched above his blue eye. "Then what are you complaining about?"

"You said you were going to be there to make me a Jedi Knight."

Destota only smirked at me.
« Last Edit: 05/04/13 13:34:24 by Elena Ritnel »

Offline Destota Valentine

Am I a Jedi? (Complete)
« Reply #1 on: 05/04/13 08:57:32 »
Offices of the Supreme Commander
Chandrila

---

Destota stared back at Elena, suppressing his amusement in the Force. She was young, but now a Vice Admiral. Legally and literally the CINC of Fleet. Little did she know, she had been a Jedi Knight since their last mission. He was just giving her the the time she needed to feel it herself. Now suddenly the light the clicked on in her eyes was as amusing as it was adorable.

"Jedi Ritnel,"
He said, his tone stern but he couldn't force the amusement out of his voice. "What do you require from me, as your Master?"

She stared at him for a long moment, he could feel the Force swirling around them, between them, and into each other. He grinned, and she smirked back.

"Master Valentine." She said, standing and saluting.

He stood and returned the gesture. "Jedi Ritnel," He replied. "Go and serve Chandrila."

"Thank you, sir."

She turned on a heel and strode out of his office, and he only smiled.

Offline Keite Paddron

Am I a Jedi? (Complete)
« Reply #2 on: 05/04/13 09:16:21 »
Keite, leaning against the doorframe as the door slid aside and revealed the young Admiral that he'd met a week or so ago. "Good afternoon, Admiral Ritnel." He said softly. She turned and flashed a coy smile at him. "Is Admiral Valentine in?" He asked. 

Stopping abruptly, she looked him over. "Lieutenant Paddron, isn't it?" She asked. 

He stood a little straighter. "Yes, ma'am." 
"You were commanding the Shadow Of Destiny, yes?" 
"Yes, ma'am." Keite looked down at her. Despite his age and his towering stature, she was making him feel like a Cadet on parade. He wasn't just any average Chandrilan, either. He was a Black Dragon Knight, trained by his own cousin to fight, although he lacked Force sensitivity. 
"What compelled your tactics at Rendili?" 
He tilted his head. "Ma'am?" 
"They were extremely aggressive and violent." 
He grinned slightly. "I'm not a Jedi, ma'am. I do what I need to get the job done." 
She looked him over and his heart hammered against his ribs unexpectedly. "I could use you in command of a larger ship." She said finally, her voice flirtatious.
"Accepted, ma'am." He replied. "May I suggest we formalize our agreement over dinner?" 
She flashed him that evil coy smile. 

Offline Elena Ritnel

Am I a Jedi? (Complete)
« Reply #3 on: 05/04/13 13:27:03 »
Dinner, huh? Maybe that was going to be all right. I didn't know him very well, but a he was from a legendary family. He lacked Jedi ability, unlike his famous cousins or Aunt, but Keite Paddron was certainly a good choice for a new commander.

I nodded to him and walked away. I knew Destota would give Keite my comm code so I was unconcerned about that. I strode out into the broad daylight, spread my arms, and yelled to the high heavens until all above knew  the truth:

I am a Jedi Knight.

Offline Destota Valentine

Am I a Jedi? (Complete)
« Reply #4 on: 05/04/13 13:33:45 »
"Come inside, Keite." Destota called, still sitting behind his desk.  His cousin stepped inside and took another look back out the door as if watching someone. Destota looked at him with an air of annoyance. "What is it?"

"That woman. Elena? Wow. What a knockout."

Knockout would be appropriate, Destota thought, if she knew you were talking about her like that. "What about her?"

"I asked her out. Damn, Dest, do you have her comm-code?"

The Jedi grinned. "You never were one for smoothness, Keite." He replied, scribbling the code down on a piece of flimsi and sliding it across his desk.

"She asked if I would take over one of the larger ships?"

"Yes, that is actually why I called you here. I'm going to have her transferring the flag to one of the new Palleon's when they arrive from Rendili, so I was wondering if you'd want one of the new MC's we'll be getting in." He raised an eyebrow. "You can even name it yourself."

"Yes sir," Keite replied, obviously not all there. "Of course, sir."

Destota rolled his eyes. "Get out."