Author Topic: Shadow Of Eternity (Complete)  (Read 1033 times)

Offline Elena Ritnel

Shadow Of Eternity (Complete)
« on: 02/09/13 09:54:26 »
I've never really thought of myself as a Jedi.

I'm a Chandrilan.

Unlike Corellians and their insufferable arrogance, most of us are known for our Military ability. Most people in the military communities never see us, because most of us never need to be shipped out. The most famous Chandrilans are Mon Mothma, Octa Ramis...and Destota Valentine.

I grew up down the street from him. He's all manners of tall and handsome, with that little blonde creature he's been holding around his arm for a year or so now. Some kind of Force thing, I suppose. I don't know. He found out that I was hurt in the academy, and rather than being excluded from the military, Destota appointed me head of the mission planning and control during his days leading the Knights.

He also made sure I was well cared for. My family is not rich, like his. He took care of all my hospital bills. I never saw a single one. My family's accounts, while not stuffed, were certainly made comfortable. And all the while, the towering, imposing man that so many feared, watched over me from a distance. He made sure no officer ever harassed me or insulted me, and made sure that I always had a weekend pass.

When I healed properly, instead of heading for active service, I was plucked suddenly for the naval academy. I'm not dumb, that's for certain, but commanding a ship? Seemed unlikely.

That was when I realized that Destota was the new 'Supreme Commander' I was hearing so much about. He was watching over me still.

I'm not dumb, and I'm certainly not unattractive. I'm very tall for a woman, at Six feet one inch. My hair is long and brown, and my eyes are the same vibrant, Force-enhanced blue as Destota's.

And yes, I'm in love with him.

Like most Chandrilan girls of similar age, we all grew up seeing Destota in the news, only a year or two older than us, but the Chandrilan Jedi, always beautiful and gorgeous in his black Knight uniform, was always in the news, and in the forefront of the people's attention. A hero. A superstar. And for some reason, always interested in my well-being. I've only ever talked to him twice, both times when he was in the field, calmly calling in for intel support while I could hear bombs and grenades, or the sounds of an orbital bombardment. He never seemed to get excited or rattled.

When he advised me to become a Jedi, I didn't know what else to do, but to go to the source.

I sat outside in his receiving hall. It was 0400, but I knew he'd be here, or be here soon. Suddenly the door open and he came striding in, a single gold emblem on his otherwise completely black uniform, with a single gold trim from his collar to his left shoulder, indicating both his rank, and his status as a Black Dragon Knight.

Jumping to my feet, my cap tucked under my left arm, and my brown hair in regulation top-knot, I saluted sharply. He stopped and looked into my eyes, which I knew must be glowing with both the Force and excitement. His own eyes, deep sapphire, glowing, and wise beyond the twenty-six years I knew he'd lived.

"Captain Ritnel," He said smoothly, his voice steady. "A pleasure to see you again. Step into my office."

I couldn't speak, so I just nodded mutely, lowering my arm. I followed him into the darkly paneled room, and stood in front of his desk at attention, waiting for him to address me.
« Last Edit: 04/08/13 13:19:24 by Elena Ritnel »

Offline Destota Valentine

« Reply #1 on: 02/09/13 10:25:52 »
Offices of the Supreme Commander
Hanna City Chandrila

---

Destota looked up as he walked inside, and his heart flipped in his chest. Sitting there, in his reception chair, was Elena Ritnel. He'd loved her as a teenager, and had had his heart broken when she was injured in the Academy. He'd had to go fight on Anobis, and was unable to do more than offer her money, support, and a little nudge in the right direction from time to time.

She stood at attention, military perfect, her trim body perfect and lovely in the pristine white uniform of the navy, cap tucked beneath her arm. He sat back and took a moment to compose his hammering heart. She'd preformed so well during the assault on Corellia, striking hard and well against the enemy forces, not giving into the battle lust of a new commander.

Picking up a stylus from his desk, Destota tapped his lower lip thoughtfully. "At ease, Captain...please, before you sprain something." He grinned slightly, using a touch of the Force to settle his racing heart. "Now what can I do for you, Skipper?"

Offline Elena Ritnel

« Reply #2 on: 02/09/13 11:36:39 »
Skipper. He called me Skipper. Some girls might have gotten mad about that, thinking it was some retarded, ham-handed pet name. A true Chandrilan lady, however, recognized the Military lingo. He was complimenting me on my actions in the Corellian engagement.

My heart was firing like an assault rifle. I used my Jedi techniques to calm myself and steady my voice before I spoke.

"Admiral, Sir. Some years ago, you advised me to seek Jedi training." I'd meant to continue, but my mouth suddenly dried up, and luckily he thought I was finished speaking.

Nodding, the Commander grinned slightly, and my heart started to flutter again. That little blonde Jedi of his had better watch it, if I was going to be around. "Yes, Captain, I did. Now, Elena, drop the formality, sit down, and speak your mind."

That was his direct way of talking to me. He'd done it while we were in school, and no matter how hard I tried, I just wanted to sigh and be all schoolgirl. This time though, I sank down into his large, soft, oversized seat with a sigh. "Thank you." I replied, reached out and picked up one of his cigars. He leaned back and steepled his fingers thoughtfully. "Destota, I'm ready to take the next step in my Jedi training. I need a Master."

"So you came to the only Jedi Master you know." He surmised, and I smiled, unleashing the full force of the gesture on him.

"Yes, that's correct." I inhaled the heady scent of his cigar, then placed it back in the humidor and lifted my eyes beneath my long lashes to look at him. I saw his pupils constrict slightly, and knew he was fighting his own biological impluse. "I would like to be your Jedi Apprentice, Admiral." I said softly.

Destota showed me that smile that had broken the hearts of women across the galaxy since he was fifteen. He was thinking, I could see the cogs turning behind his eyes.

"Master Grayson would be far more available than-..." He began, but I felt a flash of red hot anger and cut him off.

"No. I don't want that blonde...Kiffu, trying to teach me anything." I didn't mean to spit the word, but like most Chandrilans, I had distaste for offworlders. The fact that the leader of our world had taken a...consort? Wife? From offworld actually rankled a lot of people. "If I am to learn, sir, I would rather learn from you."

He sighed, and my heart nearly stopped waiting on his answer.
« Last Edit: 02/09/13 12:33:12 by Elena Ritnel »

« Reply #3 on: 02/09/13 11:54:00 »
Destota sighed. So many were upset over his engagement to Kiskla, and he hardly cared. But Elena's response had surprised and caused him a spark of frustration, but he did not expect such hostility. He looked at her hard for a long moment, then locked eyes with her and reached out in the Force. 

Like most Chandrilan military, she was frosty, wired tight, and downright ruthless when she needed to be. She also had a very powerful spark of the Force, and also had a very, intense passion that was locked down tighter than a bank vault. He sighed. "Elena, your passion betrays you. It could cause a fall to the dark side of the Force." He shook his head, then almost spoke, but she beat him to it. 
"My passion is for Chandrila, sir." She replied softly. 
He slammed down on his Force presence. The way she spoke to him, and the way she looked at him, and her very, very firey Chandrilan passion troubled him in a way he did not want to admit. Since his teens, he'd had several lovers, none as powerful and connected as Kiskla, but this young woman was making him doubt his intentions, and that was the most dangerous thing for him. He refused to lose his fiancee because Elena was beautiful. He was reluctant to take her as an Apprentice, because of the closeness he would need to be to her. Locked in the Fire, or in a training ring, alone and undisturbed would test him. 
"You understand that Jedi Training is extremely intense and...intimate?" He asked. 
"Yes, sir." She replied instantly. "I am not afraid, sir." 
Of course she wasn't. She was young, beautiful, and single. He was older, and taken. This would be a cakewalk for her, challenging for him. With a sigh, Destota relented. 
"Very well, Elena." He said, meeting her eyes. "I will take you as my Padawan learner." 

Offline Elena Ritnel

« Reply #4 on: 02/09/13 12:28:56 »
I wanted to leap across the table and kiss the silly bastard, and not just because he was gorgeous. I would be a Jedi. Maybe someday a Jedi Master like him. I didn't have the potential that he, or even that blonde, had to be Jedi Masters, but I wanted to be a Jedi Knight since...

...well, since I'd found out he was a Jedi.

I sighed slightly and smiled a shaky, uncertain smile. "Well then, Admiral." I said. "Where do we begin?"

He fixed me again with those sapphire eyes, looking through me and into my mind. This time, I didn't clamp down on my feelings. I let him see into me, see my emotions, the feelings, and the giddy, giggly schoolgirl that I hated to admit I still was around him.

"We will begin with physical training." He said, somber, calm. All Jedi Master serenity. I was ecstatic. A Jedi Master of the Council, the leader of the mightiest Military in the entire sector, and the bright beacon of civilization after the destruction of Coruscant.

"PT is no issue...Sir...Um...Master?"

He laughed slightly, and my damned heart felt like it was going to pop out of my mouth and flop about on the desk. "Destota is fine, thank you." He said. "I do not care for the honorifics heaped upon me over the years."

Of course he didn't, I was thinking. He's too much a child of the Silver seas to want to be anything, even though that people like him, Ramis, and Mothma were everything to the Chandrilan People. "Aye sir," I replied. "I mean...uh, I don't know what I mean."

Suddenly he was laughing, and I felt blood and heat rushing to my face in reply. I smiled, and looked into his eyes, not bothering to hide the attraction I felt for him.

"Meet me in the Knights training center, 0300 tomorrow morning." He said.

I leapt from the chair. "Sir, yes, sir!" I said, snapping a crisp salute, and exited, smiling to myself, and tucking my hat back under my arm. This was what I wanted.

« Reply #5 on: 02/09/13 12:56:57 »
Black Dragon Knights Training Center
Hanna City, Chandrila

---

Destota sat cross legged in the center of the training room, trying to calm his racing heart. Kiskla was off on Kiffu to assist her father again, with a kiss and a promise to come home as soon as possible, and for some reason, he'd barely slept, pondering about Elena over and over. He'd used Jedi calming techniques to calm himself to think clearly. He would never think of betraying his fiancee, and he would never, on his life. 

But the beautiful woman that he had loved from afar for more than ten years was beginning to cloud his judgement. 

He'd been planning to make a relationship with her when she'd graduated and he'd returned from his first tour, but her circumstances prevented him from doing that, and instead he ensured that she could be somewhere comfortable, making good money and serving the Armed Forces. Her ability to find ambushes and guide him and his men around them, and locate the enemy was legendary among the men he'd served with. She'd been nicknamed Angel, because several were convinced she was their guardian angel. 

He sighed deeply, trying to focus himself. His lightsaber floated up in front of him and began to disassemble itself. He used a current of the Force to charge his weapon's power cell, checking the focusing crystal for cracks and imperfections. The thoughts of Elena crept back into his mind, and he began to reassemble his weapon. He activated it with the Force, and the brilliant blue-black blade of his second weapon sprang to life. He rarely used the weapon, only when there was a need. Recently when he'd fought Cameron, he'd required the use of both weapons. 

Exhaling softly, he opened his eyes as he sensed her vital, lively presence coming down the hallway. He closed his eyes and decided to begin by teaching her some of his own skills. 

Offline Elena Ritnel

« Reply #6 on: 02/09/13 13:24:53 »
I was a little late. At least, I was feeling a little late this morning. I pulled my long hair back in a serviceable pony-tail, I wore white pants that came just above my ankles and a sports bra, barely concealing. Maybe I was showing off just a little for the Admiral, but I didn't care. It was comfortable, and physical training and training in the Force would be difficult.

And, well, sitting next to the most powerful Jedi Master was slightly more exciting than I will admit openly.

I walked into the training room and found it deserted. Usually it was packed with both raw recruits and veterans alike, training in hand to hand and open combat, learning more and more to be Black Dragon Knights, the most feared special forces in the core. Of course the Supreme Commander of the entire military could clear out a simple training room.

My heart leaped when I saw him like it usually did. Close to a year in close quarters with this man was going to kill me, I fear.

"Reporting as ordered, Admiral." I said, dropping my gym bag and saluting. He said nothing, and I tilted my head, holding my salute and waiting patiently for him to acknowledge me. This was the military way.

Suddenly I felt a powerful wash of energy course through my body. I felt like I could punch through duracrete or deflect lightsabers with my hands. Then suddenly it was gone, and I felt saddened. But a voice remains, and my confusion is eating me alive. Sit. Says the voice in my head.

I comply, facing Destota. He still has not moved. There is no more words, but suddenly I felt a warm presence, like a boil of hot blood welling up into my mind. It remained this time, warm, gentle...strangely loving, but distant.

Do not speak with your voice. Says the voice, Destota's voice. Reach out with your feelings.

My feelings. That will be bad. My passion and lust for the man are right on the top of my thoughts. I must be insane, sitting in a room with this man, letting him access my mind...then it dawned on me. He was already in my mind. He was reading all of these thoughts now...wasn't he?

Warm amusement boiled through the Force, like a deep, rich laughter. And her face burned brightly. Sorry, Admiral.

There are no secrets between a Master and Apprentice, Elena. You may reveal your feelings here, but you must learn to control your emotions

I was ashamed. I am deeply sorry, sir. I have...admired your actions from afar for many years. My heart was hammering and I felt sick to my stomach. Then I began to feel his feelings. Short images through the Force, memories of when he was fighting and he'd call me. A deep sadness ached in him when he spoke to me, the knowledge of my injury, the pain of knowing he could not take care of me like he desired. The love he'd once felt for me was overwhelming...and the love he felt for Kiskla was white hot and searing.

And I didn't care how he felt for her. I wanted him for myself, and I let him know it through the Force bond, allowing my hunger to show. He did not recoil like I thought, but merely remained calm and collected. He did not budge, and she was shocked. You do not...hate me for feeling this way for you, sir?

Even Jedi Masters cannot control the emotions of others, Elena. You may feel what you feel. You need only learn to control it.

I did not want to. I will learn, Master Valentine. But I did not want to.

« Reply #7 on: 02/09/13 21:33:29 »
She wouldn't, and he knew it as well as he did. Her fire and passion for him was as bright in the Force as Kiskla's, and he could feel it washing over him, intermixing with his Force essence. She'd received enough Jedi training to learn to control her mind, but this was new for her. He was pressing down the weight of his own power to keep from overwhelming her, and her from overwhelming him. 

He let her in a little deeper and continued to speak. This is the basic telekenetic power that my family is known for. He said, showing her how he channeled his mind with a simple exertion of will. Rather than bringing the physical gesture, focus your energies to seeing the object you wish to move. He imagined a small foam rubber ball that he'd set down on the table when he walked in. He reached out in the Force, felt it, moved invisible fingers over its contours and dimples, then let his mind carry it to him. He held up a hand, and without any effort, caught it. 
I did not even sense your motion in the Force until it was near us, She said, surprised. How did you do that?
By channeling my ability to see, and use the Force to make an object near me move. It is a trick my father taught me. He lowered his hand but the ball remained calmly in place, then streaked forward and stopped, just barely touching the end of her nose. You can be as aggressive or gentle as you desire. With a gentle shove, he smacked her in the nose with the ball, then allowed it to drop from his grasp and into her lap. Try it. 

Offline Elena Ritnel

« Reply #8 on: 02/10/13 18:33:36 »
Try it, he says. Like it is so insanely simple, channel the Force the way a Jedi Master does. I sigh, annoyed, but did as he'd shown me, reaching out with my feelings and touching the ball, trying to feel it. It felt rough and rubbery in my mind's eye, and she could gather more from when he'd touched her face with it. She imagined it floating up to strike Destota in the side of the head. She felt an amused rumble in the Force and opened her eyes to see the ball still laying in her hand. 
"It happens," Destota said, speaking verbally again. "You won't accomplish it the first time." He rose, I stayed seated, and focused once more. Suddenly I heard an oomph, and looked up to see Destota rubbing his forehead. I grinned. 
"I have to focus harder," I explained. "Its not as simple as you made it seem." 
Destota's perfect brow furrowed and my heart skipped. "Of course it isn't," He replied. "Its much harder. I've also Mastered the Force, you are just learning." 
Yeah. I knew that. I know that I'm not as amazing as you are, yet, Master Valentine...but someday I will be. I stood, holding out a hand and willing the ball to my hand. Basic telekensis...easy. 

« Reply #9 on: 03/24/13 16:33:31 »
Staring down at Elena, Destota pondered the moments that he'd taken with her as a younger man. He'd stayed by her bedside for days and weeks while she lay in a near coma, his first real love, his first effort at emotional attachment, snatched away from him. He wasn't particularly exceptional, as the newsvids liked to claim. He was a normal man, mostly. Sword of the Jedi, as was his deceased mother, perhaps, but certainly not the genetically superior man that some thought.

She was normal. Average ability of Force power, average appearance by Chandrilan standards, but gifted mentally in a way he could not understand. Her mind was fierce and intelligent, with a side of aggression and animal rage that tantalized him, because Kiskla simply did not have that side to her. Kiskla was what she was. A young, independent, strong willed..well, Jedi. She was Jedi to the core, and absolutely no darkness tainted her, the way it did himself and Elena.

He was not a Dark Jedi, nor was he Sith. He was inherently good, and this much he knew, but he also was a pragmatist. He was unafraid to reach out and kill in cold blood, if it suited the needs of the Jedi and his people. He would attack first and think second, and use his power for things that Jedi sometimes considered unnatural.

Over and over, Elena reached out with the ball and struck the wall. She refused to give up, and he could feel the chains that bound her powers beginning to stretch as she exercised her Force connection. She was Chandrilan, and she was Chandrilan Navy to the core. She would never give up, never surrender, and usually, she would win. A small "Hmph." Escaped his lips, as he watched. Her concentration broke, and she glanced up at him.

"What is it, Sir?"
She asked, her eyelids fluttering those massively long black lashes at him over those Ice blue Chandrilan eyes that he saw every day in the mirror.

"Impressive progress." He replied, not rising to the bait. "Come now, walk with me. We must discuss matters of some relevance."

Offline Elena Ritnel

« Reply #10 on: 03/24/13 17:11:07 »
Nothing can offer content
Nothing can ease the pain
Nothing can wear off the sorrow
One is born to bear within

While your world is worth of trying
My world is mere cold
No chance in disillusion
Only the end of the road

---

Chandrilan Barracks
Black Dragon Knights Training Facility
04:57

---

I was going to find a way to take him away from that little blonde bimbo, there was no doubt of that. Married, engaged, otherwise entangled, I would make every effort to take him away from her. I followed my leader, both in the Jedi arts and Military, through the winding corridors, silent other than the click of my boots and the steady thrumming of his. He was a very heavy man, compared to me and my one hundred twenty pounds, and somehow he managed to be quieter than I was. That unnerved me slightly. 

We entered into a hangar bay that was bustling with hectic activity, welders flashed and sparked and I realized that even with Captain's clearance I'd never seen or heard of this place. "Where are we, sir?" I asked. 

"We're in Alpha-4." Destota replied, not looking back at me. "The top-secret hangar." He strode past officers, who dropped everything and jerked straight to salute him. I was amazed. Destota was not just a capable commander, but he was a man that everyone would follow to hell and back, and never blink. They trusted him, and they adored and looked up to him. 

"Sir, where are we going?

"We're going to locate Admiral Klosskin." He replied, calm. He found the older man, white haired and stooped with age a moment later. "Admiral, do you have a moment?

"Of course, sir, for you." He looked at me, I saluted.

"Admiral, this is Elena Ritnel. As of 0500, you are relived of command. Admiral Ritnel will be superceeding you as Senior Naval chief." 

Klosskin did not even blink. He simply smiled. "Thank you, Supreme Commander, for allowing me to serve." 

Destota inclined his head, acknowledging the man, then held out his hand. "Thank you, Sir, for coming out of retirement to assist us." 

I stared at the Supreme Commander. Such elegance and calm in reliving a Commanding officer, and suddenly it struck me what he said. I was just put in charge of the Chandrilan Navy. "T-Thank you, sir.

"Do not thank me," he replied. "This is not a privilege, it is a responsibility. You are responsible for all of those under your chain of command, success and failure. Do not let me down, Apprentice Ritnel." Apprentice. I was his Apprentice, his subordinate, and I was totally exhausted. He spotted that in my eyes. 

"Your body is not used to Force energy. You need rest very soon, Elena. At least six hours. That's an order." Without thinking, I snapped a salute and spun on my heel, turned and hurried out. I was totally exhausted, and I needed to sleep. It was just nice to get the tasker to do it.

« Reply #11 on: 04/08/13 13:18:20 »
Destota stared after her for a long moment.

"Careful," Klosskin said, nudging him as he walked by. "Trouble, that one."

"You have no idea." Destota muttered back.

---