Author Topic: A Table for Three (Destota, Crystal)[COMPLETE]  (Read 1270 times)

Offline Jarr

Anaxes

"So, after your big fight thing, I figured some down time was in order." the clone laughed at Destota, who still looked a bit weary after his duel.  "And I further figured that a good dinner was a good rest time." Jarr grinned and led the way into the lobby of an extremely nice restaurant.  "And so I made reservations here!" More grinning ensued, and the clone looked to see what Destota's reaction would be.  Jarr's guess was that he would either be extremely tired and would want to skip, or e would laugh about it and have a good time.  Hopefully the latter.
« Last Edit: 04/20/13 14:32:26 by Jarr »

Offline Crystal Carter

A Table for Three (Destota, Crystal)[COMPLETE]
« Reply #1 on: 02/07/13 05:02:14 »
Anaxes
"360 Degrees" Restaurant

The Sith Princess had been seated for ten minutes, with her infant daughter and school aged son. The waiter was just bringing appetizers to the table when Jarr and Destota entered the premises, as of yet, unnoticed by the preoccupied Princess of Tapani. Her daughter was sleeping against her body, held by a sling. Crystal sipped at her water and offered the waiter a nod as he set the plate down. She pushed it toward her son. "Go ahead Lyle. I know you're starving." She chuckled and sipped the water again before setting the glass down and relaxing into her seat.

It hadn't been more than a matter of months since her daughter was born and she'd left the Tapani sector. Yes, she was the Princess, and of the ruling family, but her brother didn't need her to hold his hand to rule. And her wayward ex husband didn't need her, or want anything to do with her or the children, so there was nothing keeping her from leaving and doing as she pleased. Mostly, she'd been exploring the galaxy with her son, who was old enough to appreciate the journey now. Being that it was only the two of them, and his baby sister, it was easier to focus on his training in the Force, as well as educating him. There were no distractions...

Offline Destota Valentine

« Reply #2 on: 02/07/13 16:10:38 »
Destota's eyes still shined bright blue and he picked absently at his food, still angry with having lost the kill on Cameron. As he was trying to reach the Sith Master, he'd seen Jarr's ship and as he'd stopped to look up, Cameron had slipped away, and he'd collapsed from exhaustion and Force overload.

"Its good to see my money is well spent," He said calmly. He moved his hand across his face and winced at the lightsaber burn on his face. "Thanks, by the way, Colonel." He pushed his plate aside and glanced around. "I probably wouldn't have survived much longer. I'm sure Mrs. Valentine will be eternally greatful." Or throat punch me for leaving and almost dying....again. He glanced about again, seeking the source of the gentle currents in the Force. He spotted a familiar face across the room and quirked an eyebrow at Jarr.

"Colonel, did you know that the Princess of Tapani was sitting across from us?"

Offline Crystal Carter

« Reply #3 on: 02/09/13 12:54:02 »
While her children were content, Crystal enjoyed the brief solitude with a long drink of newly arrived champagne. There were far fewer quiet moments these days, but she didn't mind. It was less time that she'd spend brooding or plotting. It was healthier this way.

The Princess of Tapani narrowed her eyes as she felt a tingle through the Force. The kind she felt when someone was talking about her. Her eyes glanced around the room, settling on the strongest presence in the room other than herself. One that she hadn't seen in quite some time. For the moment, she didn't sense any danger. So, she sat quietly with her children.

Offline Jarr

« Reply #4 on: 02/12/13 15:42:41 »
Jarr's look turned to concern as Destota winced, then spoke, and the clone gave a quick nod of his head.  "Of course, sir." He responded, but before he was able to speak again, Destota pointed out a face to him.  The clone did a little double take.  "No... I had no idea.." he said, cocking his head to once side.  "Just a coincidence."

« Reply #5 on: 02/18/13 14:05:03 »
Destota was silent for a long moment as he looked at Jarr, then back at the Princess. With a shrug, he rose from his seat, plucking his Martini from the table in one fluid motion. "Come then, Colonel." He said. "Let us go have a chat with her." Striding with only half a limp, Destota walked over to Crystal Carter's table and bowed deeply at the waist. "Princess Carter," He said, his voice smooth. "An honor to finally meet you in person. I am Destota Valentine, Supreme Commander of Chandrila."

Offline Crystal Carter

« Reply #6 on: 02/19/13 12:40:09 »
Crystal could sense the two of them approaching the table, and turned to greet them when they reached it. She nodded to them "A pleasure. You'll forgive me for not standing up, but the baby is asleep." She offered a smile, then gestured to the table. "Would you like to sit down?"

It was interesting that the Supreme Commander of Chandrila was also a Jedi. Though she supposed it wasn't really that unusual these days for a Force user to be ruling a planet, country or even a sector. Normally, it wasn't a Jedi though, in her experience. The Sith Mistress was curious as to the reason for the chat. Perhaps they'd encountered her wayward ex husband lately, and just happened to spot her. She'd like to think that she wasn't being followed through the galaxy by the Jedi, as she had hardly been visible enough to cause a commotion, never mind warranting Jedi attentions...

Offline Jarr

« Reply #7 on: 02/23/13 08:10:38 »
Jarr gave a little sigh and followed Destota to the table where the Princess was.  He fervently hoped that the conversation would not be a diplomatic one.  He just wasn't cut out for those.  Jarr introduced himself after Destota, with "Colonel Jarr."being his introduction.  The clone then took the offered seat, nodding his thanks to the woman before him.

« Reply #8 on: 02/27/13 08:20:11 »
"No worries at all, Princess." Destota replied smoothly, and slipped into the seat next to Jarr. "To quell any concerns you may or may not have," He said. "You are not being followed. Our presence here is merely the result of the Colonel's ship needing fuel and my intense need for an afternoon in a bacta tank after a meeting with your ex husband." He grinned slightly. "I don't suppose you are following us, are you?"

Offline Crystal Carter

« Reply #9 on: 03/01/13 01:48:45 »
Crystal wasn't worried. She didn't care if she was being followed or not, really. "I see my ex-husband is still spreading cheer throughout the galaxy then." She was of course speaking sarcastically, which would be evident in her tone. "You still stand, so I'm sure he'll spread some cheer to others. Perhaps to his new mistress and her litter of spawns."

The Princess took a long drink, to wash the bitterness out of her mouth. "My apologies, I shouldn't have brought that upon you." After a brief pause, she answered his question. "To answer your question, no, I'm not following you." She chuckled. "In fact, I've been traveling the galaxy and haven't encountered anyone familiar. It's been rather refreshing I must say. But alas, it was inevitable that the vacation would end."

Another long drink, and the glass was empty. And the server noticed, immediately refilling it. "So then, Commander, and Colonel. Are you planning to join us for dinner, or just a drink?"

Lyle placed his fork on the plate, clearly finished, since the plate was nearly clean. Crystal smiled to him, then looked to the men again. "Where are my manners! This is Lyle." She knew that Lyle had been listening which is why she'd chosen her words carefully. While she didn't care for his father, she knew that he did. And since she'd been keeping the children from their father, it didn't help to bash him in front of them. She could have easily pointed out that her son was the only legitimate son of Cameron's, or that he was the only one left after Cameron had killed their oldest. Oh there were a great many things she could reveal, but certainly not in public.

« Reply #10 on: 03/03/13 04:53:35 »
Destota shrugged one broad shoulder. "A drink, then we must be returning to Chandrila." He said simply, nodding at the young man. "A pleasure to meet you." He turned his gaze back towards Crystal. "As for your comments regarding your ex husband, I'm afraid I must agree. He is simply problematic of late, and unfortunately I was unable to kill him."

He sighed slightly. "Unfortunately, we will require intel and  assistance to ever track him down again." He shook his head, pondering it carefully. He didn't think to ask her. His ex-girlfriends and fiancees were long, long gone and he doubted he would ever know where they were, or care.

Offline Crystal Carter

« Reply #11 on: 03/05/13 04:18:13 »
Crystal laughed. "Problematic you say. I would say that is an understatement. However, killing him would do you no good. It would only delay him. He's died more than once already." She considered her next words carefully. And thus there was a long pause. She looked at the Supreme Commander very seriously. "And there is your first problem. Intelligence is irrelevant. Tracking him down is unnecessary. There are much easier ways to accomplish what you wish."

She took a long drink before continuing. "The idea is to get him to come to you." The Princess smirked. "It is easy enough to get his attention..."

Silently, she communicated to the Supreme Commander. ~His bastard son and crazy mate are rulers of a world called Endelaan. Perhaps you've heard of Nessarose deWinter?~ The Sith Mistress provided the Supreme Commander with a vision that would tell him all that he needed to know.

With a wide smile, she sat back in her chair and played with the glass between her fingers. "If you know where to look."

« Reply #12 on: 03/06/13 14:49:13 »
Destota's mind filled with images, impressions, and finally coordinates that he'd need to find this planet. He expanded his Force awareness, trying to remember if he'd ever heard of or seen the planet on any sort of charts. He narrowed his eyes slightly at her, and mirrored a glance over his glass, and pondered the information she'd given him. Priceless, if accurate.

"What is the price of this information?" He said aloud.

Offline Crystal Carter

« Reply #13 on: 03/08/13 05:46:46 »
The Tapani Princess smiled. "The price is quite affordable I assure you. Stay out of Tapani Sector."

She finished her drink. "I trust we have an accord?" Of course they did. The Carters never gave the Jedi a reason to intrude on their territory, and they wouldn't start any time soon.

"Happy Hunting then." Crystal grinned.

Offline Jarr

« Reply #14 on: 04/20/13 13:28:05 »
Jarr stayed silent for the talk, merely watching as the information practically fell into the two men's laps.  He smiled a bit and waited for a vocal instructions, but none came.  Nonetheless, he was sure that the Jedi has exchanged something, and that was good enougg for him.  Jarr stood.  "Thank you very much, ma'am." He said, and nodded to the boy.  "Live long, buddy." He said before turning and starting his walk to the door.

[Jarr out]