Author Topic: I was told you all are hiring?  (Read 638 times)

Offline Twayq

I was told you all are hiring?
« on: 01/15/13 16:35:49 »
So, a couple of you pointed me in the direction of this faction. I'm interested in joining but only if someone is able and willing to take an apprentice. Anyone interested?

Offline Kiskla Grayson

« Reply #1 on: 01/16/13 01:00:52 »
I can certainly help you out with that, it'd probably be good for me. And great for you. 

Hehehe. 
No but really. What kind of things are you interested in learning? 

Offline Twayq

« Reply #2 on: 01/16/13 09:01:08 »
I plan on having T'wayq learn as much as he can Force-wise from all the factions. He's Neutral aligned, but I plan on having him bounce to different factions to learn what he can about the Force from as many angles as he can. Its primarily philisophical and story based, less actually learning ALL of the Force in a literal sense (thought he WILL pick up powers from Light, Dark, and Neutral sides of the Force at various points). Its more of an increased understanding of the Force as a whole. As such, I'm pretty much game for anything, really, as I can turn just about any situation into a moral lesson. My ultimate goal is to turn him into a Sage-like character or a proverbial "wise man".

My only sticking points are that someone's gonna have to come find me on Tatooine and T'wayq's lightsaber is primarily used for utilitarian uses (his background is pure survival based and such) so he primarily uses his Gaderffi stick lol! Sand People (Human or not) don't often own, use, or associate with starships at all and prefer their traditional weapons over higher tech arsenals

Offline Kiskla Grayson

« Reply #3 on: 01/17/13 11:48:10 »
Well that would certainly be ironic considering K's specialty is piloting and Starfighters.
Nevertheless, she's also from a hot climate planet and has an easy reason to be on Tatooine.

As for seeing the moral of every story, I'll leave that up to you.
If you'd like, we can start up a thread and get you involved with the board.

Offline Arrbi Betna

« Reply #4 on: 01/17/13 14:00:14 »
Works for me. Lead the way thread-wise lol T'wayq is more or less wandering the dunes

Offline Kiskla Grayson

« Reply #5 on: 01/17/13 14:36:00 »
Whoops! Alt reveal ;o

Offline Destota Valentine

« Reply #6 on: 01/17/13 16:03:54 »
Back off, sexy. He's mine.

Offline Arrbi Betna

« Reply #7 on: 01/17/13 16:22:25 »
Derp. Ah well lol

Offline Kiskla Grayson

« Reply #8 on: 01/17/13 16:27:07 »
k fine. u haz

Offline Shery deWinter

• Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc...
  • Administrator
  • Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc...
    • Star Wars: Descension
« Reply #9 on: 02/11/13 01:47:16 »
Quote from: Twayq
Its primarily philisophical and story based, less actually learning ALL of the Force in a literal sense (thought he WILL pick up powers from Light, Dark, and Neutral sides of the Force at various points). Its more of an increased understanding of the Force as a whole.
I would just like to note on this that learning FP's does come with limitations; if you are Neutral, you cannot have Dark or Light side powers. If you are Dark, you cannot learn Light, and vice versa. Being Light and then switching to Dark means forfeiting all your Light-related powers (same for Dark). And if you switch back, you need to re-learn them.

I realize you said this isn't about learning all the Force Powers in theliteral sense, I just wanted to make sure this bit was clear before effort was placed on a misunderstanding

Offline Twayq

« Reply #10 on: 02/12/13 04:51:16 »
Yes, I see that now. The chart was confusing, but after looking at it for a while, I realized something very important: I was reading it sideways No worries, like I stated before, it's just a philisophical exploration If he does pick up powers from one side or the other, losing them in transition is fine. Its more the knowledge of how it all works than having powers from both sides. Besides, I had intended on him returning to neutral at some point so it all works out