Author Topic: From the desk of Domino, Warden of the Ice  (Read 634 times)

Offline Domino

From the desk of Domino, Warden of the Ice
« on: 09/29/12 14:15:52 »
To her Majesty, Nessarose DeWinter

Really? These are the type of people posted up here? I found two of my senior medical staff bouncing this back and forth (currently deferring to their recommendations [see attached])
As far as I've been able to determine he was completely serious about new personnel reading this as part of the required intake procedures. So far I'm at a loss as to how he's acquired
experience with either projectile weaponry of the type mentioned or tanks. Though I am considering that particular section to be good advice, at least insofar as remaining mobile and using
the shock-and-awe tactics described. Also, what the hell is a Chechen? One of the tribes on Endelaan? Let me know if I'm going to have tribal factions causing me trouble. I can't solve
feuding by sending both parties out for a cool-down like I can the mine workers.

« Last Edit: 11/22/12 17:41:44 by Domino »

Offline Nessarose deWinter

• Her bubbly sweetness of dark terror
    • http://swdescension.com/
« Reply #1 on: 09/29/12 14:33:35 »
From her bubbly sweetness of dark terror, Queen Nessarose deWinter
         to Domino, Warrior Warden of the Ice

Dear Domino,
As you are well aware, Ilum is a small colony. We couldn't be overly picky with the people we placed there. I do sincerely hope that those who claimed to be senior medical staff were dealt with swiftly and accordingly; there is no medical staff coming from Endelaan, we do the thing where we usually let people die when they're too weak to live.

Chechens do not originate from Endelaan. Chechens is a curse word for a local legend, a legend of people who came from the system far far away, with blue skins and two lekku-like objects growing from their heads and awesome asses and... Well. Let's not elaborate on that. It's just a legend, no one really believes that anymore. Right?

As for the rest of the document; what exactly is Beak Wetting? That sounds so interesting. Should we import this to our home planet?

XOXOXO
         ~ Nessarose

Offline Domino

« Reply #2 on: 09/29/12 15:02:40 »

It is with the deepest of regrets that I must inform you of the losses of two of our medical staff as well as Captain Strelnikov late last night. The two doctors apparently became stranded outside when a door froze shut on them and they were unable to gain reentry to the outpost in time to avoid severe hypothermia leading to death. In regards to Captain Strelnikov we believe he was heavily intoxicated at the time of his death but are unable to prove this conclusively as the Gorgodon he was trying to fight barehanded ate most of him before the scene was discovered. Investigations into how a Gorgodon got past the perimeter defenses and entered Captain Strelnikov's personal quarters is still underway.

This report is particularly saddening to me as it is not only the first death under my watch, but three in the same night. I hope you understand that I am deeply disturbed by these apparently unconnected series of unfortunate events and am doing everything in my power to assure that unnecessary loss of life does not occur again.

Endelaan already has beak wetting, beak wetting is sex.

Always faithful.
      Dom

Offline Nessarose deWinter

• Her bubbly sweetness of dark terror
    • http://swdescension.com/
« Reply #3 on: 09/29/12 15:45:30 »
From her bubbly sweetness of dark terror, Queen Nessarose deWinter
         to Domino, Warrior Warden of the Ice

Dear Domino,
         I understand. When you can take a week off of Ilum, come to Endelaan. We'll have chocolate milk, and Aeval mentioned something about wetting your beak. Razberry said something about importing Chechens just for that purpose. I think Aeval didn't understand the joke.

See you soon!

XOXOXO,
         ~ Nessarose

Offline Domino

« Reply #4 on: 11/24/12 17:19:41 »

Great news! I have recently acquired two dozen construction droids to begin the public works projects we discussed when I first took office and they are already at work at the new site. New living and support structures should be in place by the end of the month in a rather sheltered valley approximately eleven kilometers from the temple. Surveys show that there's a choice of several existing tunnels that can be enlarged to form the underground tram line from one to another. Foundations for Phase III will be completed well withing the next six months (Endelaan standard). My current timetable has the Ilum settlement up to one-hundred percent operational status a year after that with a minimal drain on the Potestatem's resources, mostly by utilising my own.

Now that business is out of the way, I hope this message finds you well. I'd like to get out to Endelaan more often but you know how it is, busy all the time, even for a small operation such as this. Please give Aeval my best and best of luck with the baby when it comes. I'm really looking forward to that week...

~Domino
       Warden of the Ice

Offline Domino

« Reply #5 on: 05/22/13 13:22:29 »
From the private writings of Domino.

"The world is not enough." How true of a maxim for a Sith. Ilum is mine and has been wildly successful in supporting the Postatum, and even as I write training facilities for a starfighter corp are under construction. Cloud City is personally mine and gives me all but total control of Bespin. Yet it is still not enough. Power has always been the final measurement of a Sith, what they can do, accomplish, create, or destroy. These are the attributes that every one who wields the dark side uses to compare themselves to their brethren whether they choose to admit it or not.
How then am I to fight an enemy so much more powerful than I that they could very well sweep me aside as soon as they deign to notice me? When I'm outmatched in both the Force and conventional forces, allies to call upon, and in every other possible way? One who likely already knows of my enmity? It will start with a whisper.
Word from my spies reached me to late in my icy home to take proper advantage of the Jedi's sudden dissolution (Which I'll save for another entry). But it prompted my immediate relocation to Bespin from where I can maintain a much more open line of communication and can conduct business without drawing an eye towards distant Ilum. From here I've sent out a quite call for those with the necessary skills to gather. A plan is taking shape, a path to continue my training despite the absence of my Master. Perhaps it was for the best that we've grown more distant politically. Still, if he should call, I will answer.