Author Topic: The Call of the Ancient Ways: Part 2.5 (Lauda and Serva) - Completed  (Read 2528 times)

Offline Serva Cavataio

Not wanting any more part of this because it was something she did not sign up for. Serva grabbed her sister’s hands. Placing her palms over Lauda’s palms, the fire had to be put out or bad things could come about. That was last thing Serva wanted in her life. Bad things happening then Petra coming down on her for failing; if the hands were held than nothing more can come from them. “You are going to see Ma’dri and explain this to her.” Serva declared as she pulled Lauda to follow.

Offline Lauda Cavataio

• High Priestess
  • Administrator
  • Cultum Viventium Dea
Lauda was still staring at her hands when Serva took them into her own. Only then did the teenager look up at her big sister, blinking a single time as she was informed she would see Ma'dri now and explain this to her. The girl didn't understand. She couldn't explain. "I can't explain. I don't know what happened, Serva."

Offline Serva Cavataio

“I don’t care, Lauda… you are going to see Ma’dri now. If you can’t explain it than you’ll have to hear what Ma’dri might say.” Serva said in her harsh demanding tone to her sister as she pulled Lauda to follow. No way she was going to get blamed for anything that others might do. Taking Lauda to their Ma’dri office and proclaiming that her sister needs time with Petra, Serva added that she was done and was leaving for another task that needed attention.

Offline Lauda Cavataio

• High Priestess
  • Administrator
  • Cultum Viventium Dea
She was pulled to moved and the girl couldn't help but actually start walking so she wouldn't fall down. Serva didn't care for what she said, she just kept dragging Lauda along. 

Within the office, Lauda looked up at her mother and then looked down. Her big sister had made it seem like she had done something bad but the teenager didn't know whether it was bad or good even before that. And everything in Serva's tone was harsh from the moment she began to strangle her so the girl just kept her head down and waited for Ma'dri to speak to her. 

Offline Goddess Petra

• Vivae Dea
    • Petra Cavataio Bio
Before ‘what the fuck’ could come from Petra, she watched her Serva storm in then storm out while leaving a gift for Petra. For Petra, it was odd to see her daughter behave like this and her other one just in silence. Getting up from her chair behind the desk, she went over to Lauda. Hand went slowly over Lauda’s head, stroking it lightly as she questioned the situation. “Lauda… care to tell me what this is all about?”

Offline Lauda Cavataio

• High Priestess
  • Administrator
  • Cultum Viventium Dea
The girl kept looking down as Ma'dri said nothing, remained far from her. Lauda really didn't know anymore what had happened, she couldn't tell if what she did was good or bad. It seemed bad by how Serva reacted it but it was too confusing to tell. 
When she felt her head being stroked, she relaxed just a bit. Maybe it wasn't so bad. Maybe. And Ma'dri wanted to know what happened. "Serva was testing me, Ma'dri." Lauda began and swallowed. "Then... then... she got upset at me and she jumped and started to choke me. I was so cared. And angry. And I didn't know what to do. And I called for the elements to protect me and they did." Her little head rose just a bit then, her worried glance looking up at Ma'dri. "And my skin got warm. Too warm for Serva to keep hurting me. But I was so scared and angry. I've never felt like that. And then... then... I couldn't stop the element. It spread, grew. I've never seen that happen. And then... " 
Her head went down again, her hands rising up, her palms facing upward. "My fingers caught on fire. And it spread to my wrists. That didn't hurt though, it felt nice. Safe. It protected me. But it wasn't the element protection spell anymore. It was something more." She looked up again. "But I don't know what. And Serva got so mad again.... Did I do something wrong, Ma'dri?"

Offline Goddess Petra

• Vivae Dea
    • Petra Cavataio Bio
Petra smiled at her daughter as her hand ran through the hair. “Remember, your sister is a brat. She believes she is supposed to have it all and be the best. It’s a lie… she’ll never come close to my standards.” The old witch remarked with no remorse in her tone or view of her daughter, Serva. Petra always did this to her children. All of it was to make them work harder. Now she moved to explain to her daughter there. “For you dear, your father’s blood always had a fiery element tied to it. From the sound of it, you have the same element as your father and aunt. So one thing is for sure, dear… we’ll not have you waste it like I have seen some in that family have done.”

Then an idea came to mind. Maybe she would share a little about her past to show why her Lauda was the way she was. “Want to learn how to control before your trial comes, dear?”

Offline Lauda Cavataio

• High Priestess
  • Administrator
  • Cultum Viventium Dea
The girl kept looking up at her mother, listening. Usually, if her sister was spoken of in such a matter Lauda would have defended her. She loved Serva. But today was awful, worse than anything she had ever faced and there were no words she could or would use on Serva's behalf. 
She then heard of Pa'tre. His blood always had a fiery element to it? Her Father had it and her Aunt.... Isobel? For as long as she knew, Aunt Isobel was part of her family, living with her Nona. But she never told anyone that. She also didn't see her often but they'd always said she was powerless, failed her trial by Fire. And now Ma'dri said she the same element as Pa'tre. How did Ma'dri always know these things? "Zia Isobel has no magic," the girl said, remember what had been said. 
Her eyes fell on her hands again where her fire broke out, thinking of the words Ma'dri said. She would never waste any gift she had been given. Ever. She just... never knew until today. It was so new to her to know Pa'tre had this gift and now she did as wel. 
Did she want to learn how to control it before her trial came? Lauda looked up then and nodded. "Si, Ma'dri. I want to learn how to control it."

Offline Goddess Petra

• Vivae Dea
    • Petra Cavataio Bio
When Isobel was spoken, the old witch held back a chuckle. Things that she knew and kept to herself were how she held the Starkillers. Even her daughter would not believe what she had done to her father or grandfather. Then the thought of pulling Jax from the abyss of the force to just have him witness what she done; however, she was still waiting for those goals to be fulfilled.

Shaking her head, Petra refocused on her daughter. Control was wanted and the mother just smiled. There was a way that her child knew. A familiar way would be easier to understand and achieve. It did have one drawback, and it centered around the one that was learning the control. It was based on how creative the person was. “Now, Lauda… how does a witch learn control? Let's say like control over the force.”

Offline Lauda Cavataio

• High Priestess
  • Administrator
  • Cultum Viventium Dea
How did a Witch learn control? Little Lauda watched mother closely as if focused on the other female but beyond those chocolate brown eyes little wheels were turning, burning, processing the question and reaching the answer. How did a Witch learn control? How did she learn control? Over the Force, for example. "By practicing and controlling my feelings." It was how Lauda did it. While her feelings served her well often, balancing them seemed very important as well. The need to give them and take them properly in order to perform her task correctly seemed like a very important thing for her. "Feelings may be valued in the eyes of the Sith and help a lot but without control, I could hurt Serva or our world. And I couldn't never forgive myself for that. So yes, practice and control." That was how the girl saw it. Perhaps she was wrong and if she was, Ma'dri would teach her what is right. 

Offline Goddess Petra

• Vivae Dea
    • Petra Cavataio Bio
A smile was given to her daughter. Petra answered back to her daughter. “Good, Lauda… without control, we wouldn’t be able to handle the unseen power there is and practice always makes perfect like a daughter I have.” Petra grinned more than smiled after speaking. She was having her fun while handling her child. “Knowing what you know, dear… are you going to take the control or ask for it?”

Offline Lauda Cavataio

• High Priestess
  • Administrator
  • Cultum Viventium Dea
Her answer was correct. Lauda smiled happily when she heard her mother. She knew it true for herself and had experienced it many times over but knowing that she was also right in a general senses and due to it earned a smile and agreement from Ma'dri made it all the more better. She loved Ma'dri so much and thrived on her approval. It was very important to her. 
Knowing what she knew, would she take control or ask for it? Lauda blinked and thought about it for a moment, the wheels in her head turning rapidly. Then she decided. "Take it. If I ask for it, there's a chance I won't be granted my wish. If I take it then I know I will." A sure thing was a sure thing. Take and ask were two very different things. She could ask Allya for many things but control was something she had to take. 

Offline Goddess Petra

• Vivae Dea
    • Petra Cavataio Bio
With the right answer again, it was time for her daughter to take control. Petra kept her smile as it was pleasing for her daughter to be correct again. “Good, dear…” Was the warm response to Lauda’s answer, then she began to prepare herself as it could get messy with the request she had. “Then, dig down… find what triggered and release it. When it manifests, take the control from it. Dominate it, own it, make it all yours, dear. Only then it won’t hold any power over you. You’ll have the power.”

Offline Lauda Cavataio

• High Priestess
  • Administrator
  • Cultum Viventium Dea
Lauda closed her eyes at Ma'dri's request. She was to dig down and find what triggered it and release it. Her young mind played out the scene that took place outside, with Serva. She first summoned the Element of Protection to protect herself. "Beata sei tu... O Antica madri... Figlie di Allya... Dare una figlia il potere sul fuoco, con il dminio al fuoco. Ascolta il mio commando. Piegare alla mia voltà. E svolgere il compito do, Obbedisci ora," Lauda spoke the spell, this time saying it loud and clear as she concentrated, her eyes still closed. Heat began to rise wiithin her body as it did before but in order to make this work, the little Witch knew she had to feel what she felt there. First she had to bring it up and then she could control it. 
Through her head flashes images of Serva attacking her, disregarding her through out it. She remembered Serva lunging herself at her, beginning to choke her as if she was not her sister. There it was, there was the trigger. As if they weren't family, as if they weren't sisters. Sith fought against each other, even some Witches but not them. The Cavataio family did not truly battle each other, they were strong together, weak when divided. 
Heat began to surge through the girl's body rapidly, building up from its core and reaching her hands. Her entire body was burning at that point but while she could feel it, that did not scare her this time nor did she think it would harm her. It didn't before. The heat kept spreading  through her body further and when it had filled each fiber of her being, Lauda pushed her anger just a bit more, remembering how it felt to to be choked by her own flesh and blood causing the finger to break out of her skin. First at her fingers, then at her palms, reaching her wrist.  
She tried to calm herself back down again, learning the control her Mother had spoke of but when she began the process, the fire calmed down as well, slowly pulling back. Oh, no it wouldn't. Lauda kept the thought that anger her alive and the the fire spread again. Her lids fluttered open then and she looked at her mother. Somehow, looking at her managed to bring on a certain amount of calm within her body but what fueled her was still clear in her head enough for the fire to remain at the surface. 
« Last Edit: 02/05/13 19:22:56 by Lauda Cavataio »

Offline Goddess Petra

• Vivae Dea
    • Petra Cavataio Bio
Keeping tabs on the command of the force and emotions in the room, a small reminder was there for Petra. It was a good balance of emotions with use of the force. Anger was a wonderful fuel to take command of the force as it was needed. While Sith used it to push Jedi off balance, witches were not locked out of their emotions. Even in an angry state there was control… consciously or subconsciously.

Petra watched closely. It was more so when she caught that her Lauda was looking at her. There was a moment of thought taken. She wanted to test the girl a little more, but in what manner was still up in the air. The witch paced around her daughter for a single pass. Calling on the force, it was made to bend around her. An idea came to mind and force being used as protection was needed. “Now Lauda… push yourself more.” Petra instructed, she was going to see what her daughter had. “Fill this room with your fire.”

Offline Lauda Cavataio

• High Priestess
  • Administrator
  • Cultum Viventium Dea
Lauda kept focusing, keeping the fire burning around her hands and wrists. She kept watching her mother, waiting to hear what she could do next. She tried her hardest not to push herself, not to bring on that fear she felt outside when the fire began to spread without her control. She knew why it happened and she didn't want to lose that same control again. But Ma'dri didn't give her reason for it like Serva had done.

Her Mother's request had taken her by surprise. She didn't expect to be told to light the entire room with fire and at first, she felt worry over Ma'dri. Would she harm her? The girl didn't want to do that, not ever. She didn't want to hurt her sister either and she never would have unless pushed beyond measure which was what Serva had done.

Still, a little help of Force Sense allowed the Witch to know that her Mother had taken steps to protect herself. She couldn't exactly know how but she felt something covering her, protecting her. She didn't dwell on it long enough to find out. Instead, she focused on the fire. Eyelids fell then and Lauda surrendered herself to the Force, to the fire that came deep within her. She could not create it but she could control it. She had to control it. But just to control it didn't work right now. Something had to fuel it, the girl realized after a few moments of attempting. She thought of things that would help. The fear that Serva would harm Dathomir and all those that inhabited it, especially the animals and the small children that were powerless against them. She thought of her siblings that were younger than her and whom she often wanted to protect. She thought of someone harming Ma'dri and Pa'tre. She thought of the Imperials that had already hurt her world. She thought of death of family members. Once that can of worms was open, nothing could stop it. Lauda didn't realize it at that point but all control was lost.

And the fire began to spread up her arms, across her skin, covering her whole in a matter of seconds. But it did not stop then, the thoughts continuing to roll over and over through her mind. The fire spread, catching on other items in the room, catching everything it could catch on. Her hands spread them because while without control, Lauda was very much aware of what she was doing. She felt the fire spread as if it was apart of her. She felt it tickle her skin even though it could not harm her, it was a part of her, part of her soul.

Offline Goddess Petra

• Vivae Dea
    • Petra Cavataio Bio
As the fire consumed the room, Petra did nothing in her protective bubble. It was all a show for her. Nothing matter unless her daughter did well in the test. The fire was allowed to go for some time. However, Petra did not want the show go on to long. So the bubble was expanded. It was done so for the purpose of containing the fire. The force pushed the fire back towards the epicenter of the source. Closing Lauda and her flames in while everything sat charred, she wanted to see if her daughter could end it on command or not. Petra commanded loudly, “That is enough… now end it.”

Offline Lauda Cavataio

• High Priestess
  • Administrator
  • Cultum Viventium Dea
It spread out far beyond then how it did outside. Her negative thoughts fueling her, Lauda felt her entire being consumed in it, her heart beating in her ears. It didn't harm her, it was part of her. She didn't fear it anymore. Then suddenly, it weakened and her eyes opened, seeing it be pushed back by an invisible bubble. She felt it spread and she felt her fire fighting back to keep spreading. It had a mind of its own but really, it was her subconsciousness working without her realizing it. 

Her mother's words brought her back. She wanted Lauda to end it. How could she ended? The fire didn't seem to work just by sheer thought. Focusing harder, she pushed aside all the bad in her mind and focused on the good. On her need to protect the planet, her mother, her family, the rancors. She wished to protect them all from the fire and slowly, those images in her head made it retract onto her. Soon it was contained over her own skin, fulling back further and further as the faces in her head became more clear. Lauda wanted to protect them all, they were hers to protect. More and more faces appear, repeated, whispered to her things she knew meant they cared for her. All until the fire was no more. 
Lauda took in a deep breath then and smiled. Now she knew she had power over the fire. 

Offline Goddess Petra

• Vivae Dea
    • Petra Cavataio Bio
Watching closely to the way her daughter handled the fire, it was not shown in words or movement how she was recalling the flames back. Petra had to reach out in the force to observe what was unseen and unheard. She got a better grasp on how well her daughter truly understood the force. Feeling emotions shift, it was clear the more sith like side of using the force was used. Emotions were the key to the force in her book.

Once the fire was no more, Petra went over to Lauda. She stroked the little girl’s head as she looked down. “That’s my good girl.” Warmly and motherly was her tone to Lauda, “Think you should rest… later practice that and the other spells you have learned. I think I’ll have your trials soon.”

Offline Lauda Cavataio

• High Priestess
  • Administrator
  • Cultum Viventium Dea
Lauda glanced up at her mother with a smile on her face as the words of encouraged settled into her mind and swelled her soul. These were what the little Witch lived for at this age. To honor her mother, to protect their world and siblings. Even though she never wished to hurt her big sister, what she had said and done was unforgivable in the girl's mind and the emotions built in her more than the girl could even begin to imagine. But that was in the past now, as Lauda knew she could control this new gift and harness it as she should have.

Now was a time to rest and practice again later. "I will, Ma'dri." And the words rang true. Lauda still had to practice the spells she learned on her own not too long ago and the fire had to be controlled as well. But the promise of the trial made her smile increase and become wide. She looked forward to that.