Author Topic: The Silver Forges  (Read 512 times)

Offline Anon Nona

The Silver Forges
« on: 01/13/13 22:45:35 »
In short, I make stuff. I would like to think myself as the blacksmith of our little merry band. The weapons, the armor, all the toys I wish to be involved with. It starts with a little of my blood and is cultivated into a dazzling piece of art in action. However, if I wish to be armorer for an empire, it is going to take more than slitting my wrists to push us to the technological edge.
I want to make the Silver Forges.
Anything I create is made by assigning duties to nano-droids that pile upon themselves to construct any sort of device of my choosing, becoming inert and solid upon completion. This provides an organic aesthetic to much of what I create. However, the droids have a limited life duration and are difficult to produce in mass quantities. Facilities to fabricate the tiny machines would be impossible for a single character to support, and I wish to provide a strong foundation to help provide The Sanguine Potestatem a unique identity when it comes to hardware.
Provided there are bound to be limitations on what can be forged, I am positive that my method of creation can ensure a technological edge while still being true to more traditional roots. And as a faction literary device, this allows for everyone to create any needed gimmick without a clunky essay on how it was obtained.
Basics on how the Silver Forges can operate can be expanded upon as interest is gained.
Thank you and good day.Anon Nona
PS.Through board mechanics, I would assume this could fall under the guidelines for faction purchases.

Offline Anon Nona

The Silver Forges
« Reply #1 on: 01/14/13 12:58:16 »
On a related note, taking the ruins of Coruscant could provide a wealth of materials for the project. My creations could start recycling the debris and make use of the foundation for construction. The bacteria would prove to be little consequence to non-organic labour forces, and I guess I could provide some prosthetic defenses for meat sacks we do send. Any remnant force-beasts and ground forces can either be dealt with our own breed of monsters, or we use them to cut the teeth of new troops.

Offline Nessarose deWinter

• Her bubbly sweetness of dark terror
    • http://swdescension.com/
The Silver Forges
« Reply #2 on: 02/02/13 22:25:26 »
Quoting from faction purchase;

1 x Research and Development Project (Ability to an R&D an unusual item that cannot be created through some other means for use by the faction. Once this unusual item has been R&Ded, you can then begin producing it in later purchases. An example of this would be completely unique ships that do not presently exist in the galaxy.)
1 x Cloning Lab (Comes with five cloning cylinders and associated equipment)

So it would highly depend on what it is exactly you wanna develop IC. Some things would fit into faction purchases, whereas other things would have a freer hand. However, if we go the faction purchase thread, it means it stays with the faction (even if Anon leaves it), and ceases existing if the faction is shelved (regardless of where the characters move to).

Offline Razberry

• I'm pretty much a derp
The Silver Forges
« Reply #3 on: 02/03/13 01:51:21 »
Head meat sack/monster ready to raid. I have a few bones to pick with Coruscant anyway.
You know. Like, its bones. Because it's dead.
[size=0.2]Spoiler
  • Screw you, Cam. [/size]

Offline Anon Nona

The Silver Forges
« Reply #4 on: 02/20/13 10:33:35 »
My main intent is to create synthetic organisms: droids with pseudo-organic construction and biological behavior. Though not as simple efficiency as battle droids and the like, such constructs would have a higher-degree of self-sustainability while bypassing some of the more common flaws with robots. These can range from scum-scubbers to clean hulls (among other things), to 'whale-ships' that can ferry units and supplies great distances with minimal supervision.

Though some inspiration are taken from the Yuuzang-Vong (sp?), any product of the Silver Forges would not have the same biological sophistication as that species' devices.