Author Topic: Episodes 7, 8, and 9?  (Read 1412 times)

Offline Arrbi Betna

Episodes 7, 8, and 9?
« on: 10/30/12 14:20:22 »
Looks like Disney bought Lucasfilms today and have some new star wars episodes in the making. Heard it at work and saw this in the local news lol!!

Thoughts?

Offline Jarr

Episodes 7, 8, and 9?
« Reply #1 on: 10/30/12 14:27:27 »
It will mess up a lot of the stories/RPs/books if they don't do it right.  

Othe than that, Disney has been pretty consistent in my opinion.  Their movies are average, not great or horrible.  Of a bunch of the Lucasfilms people are working on it though, I really don't know.  Personally I believe it could go either way: good or bad.

Offline Destota Valentine

Episodes 7, 8, and 9?
« Reply #2 on: 10/30/12 14:35:18 »
It will fuck an entire GENERATION of books, let alone adding a new storyline.

Offline Arrbi Betna

Episodes 7, 8, and 9?
« Reply #3 on: 10/30/12 14:37:40 »
They seem to be planning to follow Luke and the others after episode 6. So maybe they're going to follow the books on the subject?

Episodes 7, 8, and 9?
« Reply #4 on: 10/30/12 14:39:54 »
If they follow the books, I will be perfectly happy to purchase and watch the movies. >.>

Offline Jarr

Episodes 7, 8, and 9?
« Reply #5 on: 10/30/12 14:46:02 »
^ this

Otherwise, I'll find a friend who gets it and just watch it with them.  

Offline Nessarose deWinter

• Her bubbly sweetness of dark terror
    • http://swdescension.com/
Episodes 7, 8, and 9?
« Reply #6 on: 10/30/12 20:17:24 »
Already vomited a little in my mouth after hearing that yesterday. Much like episodes 1-3, I am probably going to watch it all at the theater anyway, and then kindly ignore their existence.

Offline Lauda Cavataio

• High Priestess
  • Administrator
  • Cultum Viventium Dea
Episodes 7, 8, and 9?
« Reply #7 on: 10/30/12 23:22:42 »
Um, I just saw the interview with Lucas. Star Wars is the kind of movie Disney should make? Dude, what? Disney is as Jarr put it, average, not great or horrible. And that's exactly what Star Wars can't be. It's made to be epic, not some random sci fi movie you're probably gonna forget in a couple of years. 

I wish Disney could make it work, especially if their first projects will be the Kevin Anderson's books but I don't have that much hope really, Disney's never actually been capable of these kinds movies, most of their work is just good fun and lets move on. Especially since after the new trilogy, it needs a big oompf to save it. Mind you, I was okay with the new one and I've seen it lots of times already but it's not even to the ankles of the original trilogy and I'm well aware it. Everything from this point on needs to be epic and yeah.... I don't see that happening. 

Offline Zelazny Webb

Episodes 7, 8, and 9?
« Reply #8 on: 10/31/12 00:12:01 »

Episodes 7, 8, and 9?
« Reply #9 on: 10/31/12 06:16:00 »
^ This

Offline Mirus Cavataio

Episodes 7, 8, and 9?
« Reply #10 on: 10/31/12 08:45:41 »
I'm just going to say one thing:

Disney brought us Lion King.

Episodes 7, 8, and 9?
« Reply #11 on: 10/31/12 09:04:40 »
Disney's brought us a bunch of things. Not all are good. Not all are bad.

http://www.imdb.com/company/co0008970/

Episodes 7, 8, and 9?
« Reply #12 on: 10/31/12 09:19:29 »
A friend of mine mentioned last night on Xbox that Disney also brought us Tron  Legacy, which in reality was an extremely well put-together movie, also. True, its not Star Wars, but it was pretty damned epic. Disney also has learned some of the finer points of more violence, plus with a nearly unlimited budget they could make the movies much more interesting.

I for one, would love to see the Fate of the Jedi books come to life. A planet full of Sith Vs. the Jedi Order, shyyyyttt. Thats the business right there.

Offline Xaedrin Vondiranach

Episodes 7, 8, and 9?
« Reply #13 on: 10/31/12 10:31:24 »
I'd go out on a limb here and say that Disney will do a better job with the Star Wars movies than Lucas did in later years. For those who say Disney does good movies but not great movies, I'd disagree. Disney has put together some GREAT movies as of late, including overseeing the Avengers movie, Ironman 2, Thor, Captain America, all four Pirates movies, Prince of Persia - all of these were better than good, they were great entertainment and great movie making.

Disney's got more money than virtually any other company, and better connections.
I, for one, would die a happy man to see Joss Whedon partner with Disney again to make the Star Wars movies, so I'm going to label myself "excited" about this one. I love the EU and all, but screw it, I'm all for more Star Wars awesomeness even if it doesn't follow the books.

Offline Kiskla Grayson

Episodes 7, 8, and 9?
« Reply #14 on: 10/31/12 16:51:31 »

Offline Arrbi Betna

Episodes 7, 8, and 9?
« Reply #15 on: 10/31/12 17:04:47 »
That's hilarious. I'm saving that for later use lol!!

Episodes 7, 8, and 9?
« Reply #16 on: 10/31/12 17:13:34 »
This is why she is amongst my best friends, hahaha. 

Offline Lauda Cavataio

• High Priestess
  • Administrator
  • Cultum Viventium Dea
Episodes 7, 8, and 9?
« Reply #17 on: 10/31/12 20:12:42 »
Quote from: Xaedrin Vondiranach
I, for one, would die a happy man to see Joss Whedon partner with Disney again to make the Star Wars movies, so I'm going to label myself "excited" about this one. I love the EU and all, but screw it, I'm all for more Star Wars awesomeness even if it doesn't follow the books.
^ That. 

Other than my god being brought up... From all the things from the list Nessa put up... Pirates were decent in the earliest movies, TRON was very good but I've never seen the original so can't really compare it, The Sorcerer's Apprentice was fun but lacking, Alice in Wonderland was Burton's, A Christmas Carol has Carrey to hold it, Narnia I did love, the first but not so much the second one, and National Treasure I've watched a bunch of times. Still, in a list of over 400 movies, not that much. 
As far as Iron Man, Thor, Avengers and Captain America, until yesterday, I had no idea Disney was in any way involved with the project. They had Marvel. By the looks of thing, they paid and stayed clear from it and they ended up with good directors and proper casts to make them work. 
Now, if LucasFilm within Disney keeps the autonomy that Marvel Studios have, I could live with that. That concept seems like a very good one. I love Lucas as much as I love Cameron but they're not the directors I grew up with and a lot of others did. So maybe him stepping away from the whole thing will be a fresh new chapter for the whole thing. 
Also, still totally for Xaedrin's idea. Joss is a god, he could make this work. 

Offline Lauda Cavataio

• High Priestess
  • Administrator
  • Cultum Viventium Dea
Episodes 7, 8, and 9?
« Reply #18 on: 11/08/12 02:05:15 »

Harrison Ford interested in the new Star Wars movies

Hollywood Actor Harrison Ford could reprise his role of Han Solo in the new movie from the Star Wars saga, which could appear in theathars by 2015., according to EW.

This seventy year old actor, who played Han Solo in the first three parts of Star Wars, didn't deny the chance to participate in the filming of the seventh movie of the saga.

- Harrison is open to the idea of making the movie and is thrilled about it, all three are - claims a well informed source, alluding to Ford's colleagues Mark Hamil who played Luke Jaywalker and Carrie Fisher who played Princess Leia.

Ford became popular thanks to the first movie Star Wars from 1977. and its two sequels which made the first trilogy. In the new one, made between 1999. and 2005., Ford didn't take part and even threw away the possibility of it, saying the character was no longer interesting to him.

Ford, who later achieved world fame with the role of Indiana Jones, allegedly won't accept a role in Star Wars before the director and screenwriter are known.

Source: Here (will add English links as soon as I find them)

Episodes 7, 8, and 9?
« Reply #19 on: 11/10/12 19:51:04 »
mm...